Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Davis' Future in Toronto (Tim Chisolm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jbml wrote: View Post
    ...I am in favour of keeping him
    Clearly he has been doing a better job lately. Maybe something clicked in his head. Maybe it is just a lucky streak of games where the match-ups favoured him. I hope it was "something clicked in his head."

Comment

I don't think many people view Amir Johnson as a highly experienced vet because he's only 24 but man, he's been in the league a long time now. I sometimes forget how long he's been a pro.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        You just wait and see what we do when we end up picking first and then they'll have to clear the decks for Anthony Davis
        I hope nothing gets done at first. The three of those guys (AD, AB, JV) would be interesting. If it didn't work out, trade AB fast.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Can we get someone whom can produce more than Ed at the price we're paying him right now and for the next ..is it two years? He's played well as of late and looks to have accepted a role of being a defensive player. He should come back stronger and more skilled next season and could be a good back up at both PF and C postion. Injuries happen and I think we can all agree that he wasn't ready to step in this season while Gray was, but Gray has already reached his ceiling while Ed has barely begun. If there was a good reason to move him like to have more $$ for free agency or if you could get another good lottery pick then it should be considered, but you're not going to get anything great back for him right now so they should hold onto him and see how he develops...he's still on a rookie scale contract so it doesn't cost the team much having him around and there is a really good chance he breaks out next season if he gets stronger and has a full training camp with Casey. Perhaps I'm over valueing him, but I don't thinks so. As of late he seems to be playing harder.
          I concur. The latter part (full training camp with Casey & some "meat") might be the key. I definetly WOULD NOT give him away for a late first rounder. Try above, if no significant improvement by trade deadline next year -Hasta la vista Mr Ed.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Watching the game, it looked like 6-7 of those rebounds just dropped into his hands. That will happen periodically to any player (except Andrea). I am more interested in seeing hustle plays from Ed, and effective box outs. I can't say that last night stood out in that regard.
            -Rebounds rarely "drop" to players who are not in a good position to rebound. Rebounding is a fairly simple skill to master: Play the "angles" & box out. And yes, accept the fact that if you do above 2 corectly you are only going to get a rebound 25-30% of time.

Comment

More from Chisholm

After Bargnani there are nothing but positional battles to sort through. The first is who gets to act as Bargnani's backup: Amir Johnson or Ed Davis. Coming into this season, most thought this was Davis' job to lose. Unfortunately for him, he appears to have lost it. His lack of physical development combined with inconsistent play at both ends left the door wide open for a workhorse like Johnson to swoop in and steal his role.

The Raptors have a lot of player development still to work through next season with rotation players like DeMar DeRozan, Jonas Valanciunas and this year's incoming rookies. One wonders if the appeal of the know-what-you're-getting Johnson is going to push Davis out of the rotation or even right out of town. It's not a knock on Davis to say the Raptors may simply not have the minutes available to develop him in their crowded frontcourt. It's just a reality for a player who needs more playing time to develop.
              http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=394102

Comment

It's certainly going to be a important offseason for a few of the players.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  It's certainly going to be a important offseason for a few of the players.
                  even sasha vujacic?

Comment

Stop entertaining the idea of Sasha please
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Stop entertaining the idea of Sasha please
                      im joking bro. He is a piece of garbage i would even trade alabi for that guy let alone give him 18 million for 4 years. BC must have smoked a little too much on 420

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        somehow magically getting MKG AND Beal would cause semen to stain the mountaintops

this

Comment

Working...
                        X