Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Davis' Future in Toronto (Tim Chisolm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    I say bring back Reggie Evans
    I'd be down for that.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      2. Trade Davis & pick(s) (any combo of 2 2012 2nd round picks and 2013 1st round pick) for a late lottery pick (draft Marshall)
      It would be really interesting to see Ed Davis's value against the 2012 draft class. There's three categories of PFs this year: the top guys (Davis and Robinson, although Davis is really in a class of his own), the intriguing guys with big questionmarks (Perry Jones, Henson), and then the fringe first-rounders (Plumlee, White, Mitchell, Nicholson, Green). Maybe I've got homer-glasses on, but I think Ed Davis is still a more valuable prospect than any of the guys in that last group. He's still 22, he's in his first full year in the NBA, and he's never had significant minutes, yet has shown, from time to time, the possibility to be a solid double-double guy. For a team looking to draft a PF in the 10-25 range, I would really expect that they'd be interested in giving up that pick for Ed Davis, plus our 2nd-rounder if their pick is lottery.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        ... He's still 22, he's in his first full year in the NBA, and he's never had significant minutes, yet has shown, from time to time, the possibility to be a solid double-double guy. For a team looking to draft a PF in the 10-25 range, I would really expect that they'd be interested in giving up that pick for Ed Davis, plus our 2nd-rounder if their pick is lottery.
        20+ minutes is 'significant' to me. I'm afraid he hasn't shown enough to fetch more than a nr 20 pick (at most).

Comment

Ed Davis should have a Taj Gibson role and we should put amir on the chopping block

Comment

How can we become like Cleveland of last year and use two top ten's to build around. Dont say JV - Call me greedy but I want to start next season with 3 rookies if we're counting him.
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
              How can we become like Cleveland of last year and use two top ten's to build around. Dont say JV - Call me greedy but I want to start next season with 3 rookies if we're counting him.
              It would have to involve Bargnani. The only scenario I see this as a possibility is if the Raps get the #1 pick and take Davis, then Bargs is expendable. Still, having three 19/20 year olds in the as a focus of the team may not be the best approach.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                i say just keep gray
                Bingo..... that assumes he is not a doofus, doucebag, or doorknob in the locker room and off the court.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I say bring back Reggie Evans
                  I liked Reggie but PF is not the issue. A solid back up C is needed. Amir is not that guy despite his admirable efforts throughout the last 2 seasons.

Comment

I agree with the Taj Gibson role comment, Have Ed play a defence, rebounding, energy big off the bench (like amir used to be till his recent play) and trade amir. Amir is good, but everything Amir can do Ed can learn to do, and some. We need to support Ed more, I suggest you let him enjoy a full season and a training camp before truly judging him.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      The Raptors have so many assets to work with, whether it's ahead of the draft or during the free agency period prior to the season, I think this team will look seriously different come next season.

- Barbosa TPE (pre-draft only)
                      - Bayless (via S&T)
                      - Amir or Davis (or both)
                      - DeRozan (slightly less likely)
                      - Calderon (slightly less likely)
                      - 2 2nd round picks
                      - 2013 1st round pick (if playoffs are goal of 2012-2013 season)

I keep going back to the thought that DeRozan and either Amir/Davis could be traded together for an additional lottery pick. The Raptors could get MKG with one pick and use the other pick to take Beal to replace DeRozan.

Or they keep DeRozan, but trade Davis (perhaps with both 2nd round picks) for a late lottery pick, to grab Marshall as the PG-of-the-future. Still hopeful of MKG with their own lottery pick in this case.

It all comes down to dealing from positions of strength/depth to add players/picks to use to fill gaps in the roster.
                      Also, don't forget the potential S&T of Sonny ... maybe nothing ... maybe something small ... but could be another asset, if he gets healthy.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Bingo..... that assumes he is not a doofus, doucebag, or doorknob in the locker room and off the court.
                        Don't downplay dingbat either in all this Matt. It's overlooked far too often.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I liked Reggie but PF is not the issue. A solid back up C is needed. Amir is not that guy despite his admirable efforts throughout the last 2 seasons.
                        If you listen to the guys in charge they've said they want to target a vet in the offseason who fits Reggie's description.

I'd rather them go after Przybilla than go with Gray.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          In slightly unrelated news, how sweet would it have been if Paul George fell to us?
                          Around draft time it seemed like that was a lot more likely than Ed Davis falling to us! It all went nuts when GSW took Ekpe.
                          Now my view of Ed, is as a potential piece to bring us a mid 1st rounder to go after a PG.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            I agree with the Taj Gibson role comment, Have Ed play a defence, rebounding, energy big off the bench (like amir used to be till his recent play) and trade amir. Amir is good, but everything Amir can do Ed can learn to do, and some. We need to support Ed more, I suggest you let him enjoy a full season and a training camp before truly judging him.
                            Although Ed scores slightly less, he is out rebounding Taj this year and puts up very similar numbers. One guy is playing for a winning team one on a losing team, other wise they are the same. Gibson just looks a little more energetic, but Ed has some of the Tracy McGrady in him, looks sleepy but still produces. I think Ed has value, will it come out with us or another team...who knows.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Would you guys deal him for a defensive wing like Aminu? Both are in the class of high potential not yet brought to fruition.

Comment

Can we get someone whom can produce more than Ed at the price we're paying him right now and for the next ..is it two years? He's played well as of late and looks to have accepted a role of being a defensive player. He should come back stronger and more skilled next season and could be a good back up at both PF and C postion. Injuries happen and I think we can all agree that he wasn't ready to step in this season while Gray was, but Gray has already reached his ceiling while Ed has barely begun. If there was a good reason to move him like to have more $$ for free agency or if you could get another good lottery pick then it should be considered, but you're not going to get anything great back for him right now so they should hold onto him and see how he develops...he's still on a rookie scale contract so it doesn't cost the team much having him around and there is a really good chance he breaks out next season if he gets stronger and has a full training camp with Casey. Perhaps I'm over valueing him, but I don't thinks so. As of late he seems to be playing harder.

Comment

Working...
                                X