Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me, or does Amir have a higher ceiling than he's shown to date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me, or does Amir have a higher ceiling than he's shown to date?

Hear me out. All this talk (see Chisolm) about who stays, Ed or Amir, has caused me to ruminate about Amir's ceiling. He often gets a pass just inside the foul line, or at the elbow. Typically, he'll either take that set shot of his (you know the one: where, when you're watching at home, you go into the kitchen, fix yourself a ham on rye, go back to the tv room, then realize you've forgotten the dill pickle, go back to the kitchen, return to the tv room, realize you have to take a whiz, then return again to the tv room and Amir has almost (but not quite) released the ball yet, or he'll pass the ball. But, once every millennium or so, he'll cruelly tantalize us by doing one of those twisting moves of his to the hoop and finishing beautifully. In the name of all that is good and holy in this world, why oh why oh WHY doesn't he do that at least 3 or 4 times a game instead of 3 or 4 times a season? I mean, it's not like this team is Paul Westhead's Lakers (look it up, young'uns); I mean, they don't exactly have an overabundance of offensive firepower or anything. I'd say it's the coach, but he didn't do it under JT either. Thoughts?

I've always thought Amir could benefit greatly with 1 move added to his game: the pump-fake, take 1 dribble, and drive.

He can hit the foul line jumper with regularity. He just needs to make it more of a weapon (i.e. look to shoot the moment he catches the ball). Once defenses start respecting it, that's where the pump-fake comes in.

Comment

How about an actual post move and one counter move, that would be nice.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He seems to lack the bulk (and the low centre of gravity) to consistently establish low post position.

Comment

he's just not a center. at all. he's a great backup PF and hopefully now casey and bc know this.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I dont think there any set plays drawn up for the man. His points happen incidentally. The way I assess his value is energy. If he doesnt bring it on the fast break or on defense that is a bad game. Occasionally he'll get a matchup edge and it should be in those games that Casey should feature him a bit more.

Comment

despite his lack of bulk he has filled in at C admirably. On a right team he is a starting PF who can be a double-double guy.

Comment

I prefer him off the bench. Great energy guy. And throwing him in for late game situations wouldn't be a bad idea, as he seems to be clutch with tip-ins and such

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  He seems to lack the bulk (and the low centre of gravity) to consistently establish low post position.
                  I agree, but I'm not expecting him to post up his man. I want him to play to his strengths, which are excellent mobility and lateral movement for a player his size, good foot speed and excellent finishing skills. I want him to drive once in a while, not post up.

Comment

Working...
                  X