Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: April 3 - Charlotte Bobcats - Dilemma Edition

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Mcadoo has Marvin Williams written all over him at this time. The only difference was Marvin Williams was 6th man on a championship team.

    I'm probably being way too superficial in this comparison but that is just my opinion of him.
    i don't get that feeling at all. i think talent wise, he's probably the most talented player on the tar heels this past year. anyways, we'll see what happens!

    these next 2 months are going to bloooooooooow
    @jerboat

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i don't get that feeling at all. i think talent wise, he's probably the most talented player on the tar heels this past year. anyways, we'll see what happens!

    these next 2 months are going to bloooooooooow
    we're only talking opinions here and no one can tell the future but the talk on Williams in 2005 was how much talent and potential he has. Remember Atlanta picked him #2 despite having a real NEED for a PG and in doing so they bypassed Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

    I really hope Mcadoo sticks around UNC for another year to get a better idea of what he is all about. He certainly has the heritage. But if I were him and I was being told I would go top 10, I'm gone.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i wouldn't put much stock into what atlanta does in the draft...
    @jerboat

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    - I'm starting to have some doubts about Ed Davis. He's the big man version of DeMar DeRozan on this team. He's just not very assertive, and often has spurts of timidness around the basket like DeRozan. After watching Thomas Robinson of the Kansas Jayhawks, I've decided that having a big man without a meanstreak is kind of pointless nowadays. You need to be a bully out there, or just don't show up. Ed had 6 points and 7 rebounds and I only remember seeing 2 of those points and none of the rebounds.

    I've got to stop taking my wife to these types of games. She doesn't like basketball to begin with and these kinds of games aren't exactly helping me change her mind.
    Accurate write up as came across on the tv. And how true this point is. ED seems to be sleep walking thru the season. At least one sees DD trying to adjust and is active enough. If your bigs are not intimidating you are definitely not going to run with the big boys.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    These type of comments drive me crazy! Do you really think it was a one on one game with these tow players all game? You do realize that Gray matched up with Mullens quite a bit, as did both Ed and Amir. I too would like to see more than 3 boards from Andrea, but don't put it all on him for having a guy grab 14 in a team game where Andrea started at the 4 and Mullens at the 5.

    For the record, 30 points on 22 shots is not bad.
    Especially when he hit 11 and missed 6 straight from about 6:30-1:30.

    Over that last 1:20, he hit:

    long 2
    3
    post up score
    2 free throws.


    It is to the point now where the battle lines have been drawn for Bargnani. If you don't like him by now you never will. If you are a fan, you always will. It always comes down to the same tried and true arguments for and against the guy. He is always going to be a polarizing figure among those who have a traditional mindset of what basketball 'should' be and those who tolerate or even embrace thinking outside traditional lines. By now, whether you love him or hate him, everyone recognizes what Bargnani can do and realizes he is never going to grab significant rebounds at the PF or C spot or play amazing help defense.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i wouldn't put much stock into what atlanta does in the draft...
    lol - nor would I. Which is kind of the point. They have bought the hype over the years.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Accurate write up as came across on the tv. And how true this point is. ED seems to be sleep walking thru the season. At least one sees DD trying to adjust and is active enough. If your bigs are not intimidating you are definitely not going to run with the big boys.
    It's funny I saw this game and made those comments and then I read Chisholm's article. I guess he's on the way out, which is okay by me at this point.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    These type of comments drive me crazy! Do you really think it was a one on one game with these tow players all game? You do realize that Gray matched up with Mullens quite a bit, as did both Ed and Amir. I too would like to see more than 3 boards from Andrea, but don't put it all on him for having a guy grab 14 in a team game where Andrea started at the 4 and Mullens at the 5.

    For the record, 30 points on 22 shots is not bad.
    Mullens started at the 4 actually

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Especially when he hit 11 and missed 6 straight from about 6:30-1:30.

    Over that last 1:20, he hit:

    long 2
    3
    post up score
    2 free throws.


    It is to the point now where the battle lines have been drawn for Bargnani. If you don't like him by now you never will. If you are a fan, you always will. It always comes down to the same tried and true arguments for and against the guy. He is always going to be a polarizing figure among those who have a traditional mindset of what basketball 'should' be and those who tolerate or even embrace thinking outside traditional lines. By now, whether you love him or hate him, everyone recognizes what Bargnani can do and realizes he is never going to grab significant rebounds at the PF or C spot or play amazing help defense.
    As much as I hate his game I want Bargnani to stay because he wants to stay in Toronto.

    And we need to stop making excuses for him. We have Matt devlin on BC's payroll doing that already. Mullens played well against him. Putting Biyombo on him for a few plays does not change this.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This maybe misplaced...but does anyone else notice that Barnani looks especially wan/paler (like he is sick) and keeps sucking for air during stops in play (bending over at the foul line like he needs a blow). He wasnt like this during those "13" games and Iam thinking about his backtothesoftplay on defense posture. I think he always had a bit of a stamina issue but these games after his injury he has been less frisky (not that he is any jumping jack).

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    This maybe misplaced...but does anyone else notice that Barnani looks especially wan/paler (like he is sick) and keeps sucking for air during stops in play (bending over at the foul line like he needs a blow). He wasnt like this during those "13" games and Iam thinking about his backtothesoftplay on defense posture. I think he always had a bit of a stamina issue but these games after his injury he has been less frisky (not that he is any jumping jack).
    He looks somewhat skinnier too (usually the opposite of what happens when you miss 20 games).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He looks somewhat skinnier too (usually the opposite of what happens when you miss 20 games).
    He looks like he's always looked. He's playing the same as he's always played. He's isn't sick. He isn't injured. He's probably a bit out of shape but he's always been a bit out of shape. He's the same Bargnani he's been for 6 years.

    As for the game, that was one of the worst NBA games I have watched all year. Charlotte is truly awful. Biyombo is such a project. Beyond that, it's just a bunch of average to below average players and they are completely discombobulated on offense and defense. It's almost as though the coaching staff has given up. That's a really bad situation. The fact that Toronto can barely beat that team says something about the Raptors.

    Bigger picture, who are these young players Toronto is developing? Bargnani: ~34 MP; Calderon ~34; Kleiza ~28 MP; A. Gray ~20MP. I guess Derozan gets his guaranteed 35+ MP but I don't see all this young talent the team says they are developing this year.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Bigger picture, who are these young players Toronto is developing? Bargnani: ~34 MP; Calderon ~34; Kleiza ~28 MP; A. Gray ~20MP. I guess Derozan gets his guaranteed 35+ MP but I don't see all this young talent the team says they are developing this year.
    Yup, we kind of touched on this in the Ed Davis thread. They're probably not developing him because he's not in Colangelo's long-term plans.

    The only other player who might be worth "developing" is done for the season.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •