Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming we end up with the 8th pick, we package it with one of the young onez and move up to pick Beal 4th or 5th.

Done.

Comment

• Ya, because Beal is the best player available...

We're more likely to trade the pick and someone for somebody already in the league like omg! Batum or Dk Will.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        We're more likely to trade the pick and someone for somebody already in the league like omg! Batum or Dk Will.
        I totally agree with this, if at 8 none of the players we target is available, I think that's what we should do, try to get a young 3 that already established himself in the league so we don't need to teach him everything. But to find the right deal that is what is going to be hard. First find a trade partner, then trade for a good player. I don't think we can get anyone from Gay, Iggy, W.Chandler or Granger, because their team are build right now, and I don't think those teams want to add a young prospect. Maybe Denver. A sign&trade for Batum maybe. This would be really, really nice.

Comment

• Kawhi Leonard

Why not trade the pick for Kawhi Leonard? He fits the mold, only concern is his shooting outside 15 feet, which he actually improved this year. Hard worker, great athleticism and a physical specimen with his wingspan and hand size.

Comment

• ste0250 wrote: View Post
            Why not trade the pick for Kawhi Leonard? He fits the mold, only concern is his shooting outside 15 feet, which he actually improved this year. Hard worker, great athleticism and a physical specimen with his wingspan and hand size.
            i don't think the spurs will trade kawhi unless they get a good offer. they would have to really like a player at the "8" spot to make that trade. he is a keeper. at the 15 where they got him he might end up being the steal of last years draft and could become one of the best players of last years draft.

i wanted him last year after the two pgs we passed over.

Comment

• nah Leonard is too average. We need an all star SF if we want to succeed

Comment

• Go take a look at some ideas in my new trade thread...

Comment

• They shouldn't trade up at all costs. They need to value the player they can land if they move up versus the player they can land by staying put plus the other assets which would be used in moving up. The draft is a bit of a crap shoot so unless they;'re moving into the top three I'm not so certain the guy they land at four or five is guaranteed to be better than the guy at eight. At eight they're in range of wings and point guards with all-star upside.

Comment

• Yeah, I should reiterate that when I say they should move up I mean top 3 (unless Beal slides!) because trading up for Harrison Barnes is silly to me.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm intrigued to know if Indiana still has interest in O.J. Mayo and raps could some how facilitate a trade with memphis and indiana to get Paul George.

Or

am I lead to believe that George is untouchable?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• He's absolutely untouchable
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Indiana traded kawhi leonard for george hill. It worked out for both teams..and maybe we could do something similar.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            He's absolutely untouchable
                            You must know Larry bird pretty well

Comment

• Call it a hunch
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Darien wrote: View Post
                                If we stay at 8, I would try to swing a trade down and gamble on elite athletes... PJ3 and Tony Wroten Jr. Give up Amir if you have to. I want to see what Casey would do with these two.
                                Trading down for a couple of picks or a good young player and a pick might be intriguing. Houston has picks 14 and 16, and Boston has 20 and 21. Moe Harkless might be an interesting option for the SF position. I think he might have a lot of upside. Another guy that might be of interest is Dion Waiters. Would Harkless and Waiters or Wroten be a better option than whoever is available at #8? I think that anyone available at #8 will have some question marks. Colangelo is going to have to earn some of his money with his decisions at the draft this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X