Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    given the choice i would like mayo more than gay, but gay more than harden. with memphis its all going to be money and gay will give them the better package of picks and young cheap players. jj, amir/ed and 2013 pick with the 2 2nd rounders from this year maybe.
    From a Memphis perspective, I think any trade talk for Gay will have to start with DeRozan. I would be fine with DeRozan, Amir, JJ, Toronto's 2013 1st round pick and a 2012 1st round pick (which Toronto will have to find a way to acquire in another deal, so they are able to keep at least one lottery pick).

Comment

• This is Gay's first time in the playoffs cut him some slack people

Comment

• yeah the team did better without him last year, whats that say?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          yeah the team did better without him last year, whats that say?
          It says that Memphis works better when operating out of the post.

Comment

yeah the team did better without him last year, whats that say?
            Zach Randolph is far from 100%?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Zach Randolph is far from 100%?
              true. He's playing hurt out there you can see it. He's not impacting the game like he usually does

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                From a Memphis perspective, I think any trade talk for Gay will have to start with DeRozan. I would be fine with DeRozan, Amir, JJ, Toronto's 2013 1st round pick and a 2012 1st round pick (which Toronto will have to find a way to acquire in another deal, so they are able to keep at least one lottery pick).
                i think 2 firsts is a bit steep for gay

Comment

• Just curious but what do you think it would take to get john wall? Next years pick derozan and davis?
                  Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Just looked at the corner of my monitor, and guess what I noticed? ONLY TWELVE MORE DAYS!

Man I can't wait, It's sure gonna be interesting though

Comment

• Simmons' rant about Rudy Gay

Had no idea where to put this and didn't want to make a thread, but here it is.

The Theo Ratliff's Expiring Contract Award for "Most Times Per Minute That Someone's Name Is About to Be Ejaculated by ESPN.com's Trade Machine"

To Rudy Gay, who spent Round 1 being defended by Caron Butler (playing with a broken hand), Randy Foye (six inches shorter than Gay) and Nick Young (who spent the last 25 years carefully constructing his life so the word "defense" was never involved) and submitted these numbers: 19.0 PPG, 42.1% FG, 21.1% 3FG, 5.7 FTA, 15.2 PER … and in the fourth quarter of Game 7, had more turnovers (one) than made field goals (zero) as the Clippers pulled away in Memphis.

So what happens now? The Grizzlies are sitting at $62 million in 2013, and that's not counting O.J. Mayo (a restricted free agent). Should they dump Gay's contract to a young team with cap space (Toronto, Cleveland, Portland, New Orleans, etc.) for a 2012 lottery pick? Could they flip him to Minnesota for Derrick Williams? What if they flipped him for Tyreke Evans (who makes one-third as much money)? Am I overrating his value? Should they keep him and let Mayo leave? And how much easier would this decision be had the Grizzlies picked James Harden instead of Hasheem Thabeet? That reminds me …
                      He makes some mildly valid points about how low his stock is. Would you throw the pick at Memphis for Gay?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• no i wouldn't because PJ3 has a chance to be better

Comment

Had no idea where to put this and didn't want to make a thread, but here it is.

He makes some mildly valid points about how low his stock is. Would you throw the pick at Memphis for Gay?
                          I would in a heartbeat. But I wouldn't complain if we were still left with PJ3

Comment

• KEEP!!! there no one worth trading for

Comment

• If we drop to 8th or lower, I would be open to trading our pick for Gay, as long as we get Memphis' pick (in the low-mid 20's, and take a chance on someone like Tony Wroten Jr.).

Comment

• Our team is based on pure potential. We don't have enough talent. Gay is a proven talent and that is what we need. I am all for trading the pick for him.

To me, there are no variables here. I don't care if someone has a "chance" to be better. What are we a bunch of compulsive gamblers?
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X