Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade to houston for dragic and one of their first rounders, where austin rivers, j lamb are projected.

Comment

• If the raps don't luck into a top three, I think they need to trade up to grab one of Kidd-Gilchrist or Barnes. If BC can't trade up, then I think they should trade down, or trade it away altogether

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Josh smith cant play C
        He can, just not very well. Then again one might argue that Bargs is brutal as a center. Swap Bargs for Josh Smith? Interesting. I'd say you improved (overall) at PF, but I am not sure I would give up on Bargs yet. I still believe 1 full year under Casey (& a full training camp and hopefully healthy) you might see Bargs as an elite player.
        -His offence is excellent (I don't think anybody can argue that);
        -His one on one D is solid (he can hold his own against most bigs)
        -Help D -Brutal (I am not going to sugar coat that). But is it his fault that guards are getting beat & he is forced to help (and look silly at it)? Why trow baby with bath water? Find a big (4 or 5) that is a good help defender & you solved the problem.
        Atlanta must cut the payroll & Smith is UFA next year. What does it take? Davis, Amir, next years 1st? Probably close. Add Marvin Williams & Kleiza in the picture & you might have a deal. Next year exceeding salary cap will be very painful (even Cuban cut back) & probably avoided by all but few teams (Lakers, Knicks, Miami).
        Perhaps a bit optimistic, but if you can pull above, draft Beal (or DD & our first for J Harden -this might be a lot more realistic than you think as OKC can only keep 1 of 2 -Harden or Ibaka next year) & you have a solid playoff team.
        Last edited by Mapko; Tue May 1, 2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• What a difference a month makes! When this thread was first started, it was widely assumed that the Raps would have a top-5 pick, whereas now we're just hoping the Raps stay in the top-8!

Assuming the Raps do wind up staying in the #8 spot, I wonder what type of player the pick would return, should BC look to explore trading out of the draft altogether. Or what it would net with other assets thrown in (ie: #38 pick, #56 pick, Amir/Davis, JJ)? Hard to answer on RR, without hearing GM conversations, but certainly food for thought!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            He's absolutely untouchable
            I'll stand by you on this one. The Raptors have no player current on roster who I would want over Paul George. JV isn't here so he doesn't count. With that in mind George is pretty much untouchable for the Raptors within reason.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              You must know Larry bird pretty well
              Oh yeah, me, ceez, and larry all went to high school together.

Good ol lar, he was a real weird dude.We all were.We called him the hick from french lick back then too.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• As soon as we fall out of the top 6, we should be looking to trade. I don't know of anyone outside the top 6 in this draft that will really help us, unless I am missing something. BC won't trade bargnani to make way for a PF like Sullinger, and I don't think marshall has shown enough to warrant a move of jose. We should trade the pick along with some riff raff (i.e. Derozan) and get a quality 2 who can create off the dribble. If we do that and add a vet, we should be better...

Comment

• BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                  As soon as we fall out of the top 6, we should be looking to trade. I don't know of anyone outside the top 6 in this draft that will really help us, unless I am missing something.
                  I keep reading this is a deep draft. High impact players are taken later in virtually all drafts. Also, if your thinking is correct then surely the experts in the field would think the same. If they think the same as you why would they give the Raptors anything of significance for the pick?

Comment

• PJ3, Lillard, Marshall or Miller

Comment

• Would you guys trade the pick if we got a top 3-4 pick?

The way I see it is, where we stand right now, there is no team out there that will trade out of desperation so that they can land Damian Lillard. But if we had Robinson, MKG (okay maybe not him, I'm sure we would draft him) or Drummond in our sights, then I can see someone wanting to either trade in or trade up.

And of course there's Anthony Davis.. if we get the #1 pick, what would it take for the Raptors to trade the pick considering how much Colangelo loves Bargnani?
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• If we got a top 3 pick yes.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                          And of course there's Anthony Davis.. if we get the #1 pick, what would it take for the Raptors to trade the pick considering how much Colangelo loves Bargnani?
                          You don't trade Davis. You just don't. If we get this guy, there's no chance we trade him, believe me. He's a beast and we should build our team around him, just like every other team would/should do if they get him.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            You don't trade Davis. You just don't. If we get this guy, there's no chance we trade him, believe me. He's a beast and we should build our team around him, just like every other team would/should do if they get him.
                            Davis is a franchise star player, you don't often get those. The Raptors with Davis and Big Val would dominate the glass like crazy.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Davis is a franchise star player....
                              No face-up game. And I don't like his three point shot. And he needs to put on weight. And how do we know he won't leave as soon as his rookie contract is up. And he's toooo coachable. He will make the stubborn and recalcitrant players feel bad about themselves.

Comment

• How do you know anybody won't leave after their rookie contract? How rare is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X