Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knickz wrote: View Post
    actually it's the best idea. i don't care for what scouts say about this draft. ive watched a lot of college ball and i havent been impressed with guys. rember these scouts are the same ones who have made countless mistakes in the draft
    The same ones? They didn't involve the ones that made the right decisions?

Comment

I was thinking tonight about how Stern keeps saying a deal is close with a buyer who keeps the team in NOLA. If they don't sell by the draft AND the Raptors get #1 I think Stern would trade the NOLA picks for the marketing and sale ability of Davis.

Since NOLA would be top 5 and late lottery picks this would be ideal, of course a two-course dream scenario but it is what it is.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Agreed. I don't think you trade this years pick even if it's the worst case scenario...which I think is the 10th pick in the draft. Keeping in mind that outside of the consensus #1 pick in the draft anyone, and I mean anyone can rise or drop in the draft after the combines and private work outs.
        actually worse case is 14th
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

flip the pick for j smoove, he's dirt and can play both positions
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

There's guys in the Raptors range (5-10) that can still contribute next year and have an impact in the rotation, J Lamb and Barnes come to mind. So bringing in Batum or another "young vet" for the pick would be kind of the same thing except more expensive (and you could argue Lamb and Barnes have more potential).

I say only trade the pick if it's part of a larger deal that would bring a bigger piece to TO --ex/ Rondo, Lowry, Gordon, Jennings + x player

I'm also curious to see what happens with our second rounders--Fab Melo, Draymond Green, D Lamb, John Jenkins, ...Joseph, Nicholson, Kabongo?? Or can those be flipped with other assets for a 'win now' player?
            Last edited by IROR; Sat Apr 7, 2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
              actually it's the best idea. i don't care for what scouts say about this draft. ive watched a lot of college ball and i havent been impressed with guys. rember these scouts are the same ones who have made countless mistakes in the draft
              You've seen it but the guys who get paid to scout have no idea what they're talking about? There haven't been this many good, intriguing prospects picks 1-40 in a while.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                flip the pick for j smoove, he's dirt and can play both positions
                He is hitting free agency next year. He is also a headcase. I wouldn't touch him.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                  He is hitting free agency next year. He is also a headcase. I wouldn't touch him.
                  he's not a headcase, atlanta is a fuckin headcase.

Comment

he's not a headcase, atlanta is a fuckin headcase.
                    Nah j smoove is getting up there in age and we will be abandoning the rebuilding if we trade for him

Comment

I don't see any problem with stockpiling draft picks if we can steal another first rounder this year. Then you'd have a young core developing together and hopefully hitting their prime at the same time.

Drafting 7th or worse could turn out in our favour. We could end up getting lucky drafting a PG.
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Nah j smoove is getting up there in age and we will be abandoning the rebuilding if we trade for him
                        this entire thread is about abandoning the rebuild from what i understand.

if it doesn't work out he's a player that a contender wouldbe dying to have, or a borderliner looking for that piece.

I think it's an easy abort if it dont work out. youjust ship him out west, dallas, san antonio, la, even phoenix if they retain nash.

Comment

this entire thread is about abandoning the rebuild from what i understand.

if it doesn't work out he's a player that a contender wouldbe dying to have, or a borderliner looking for that piece.

I think it's an easy abort if it dont work out. youjust ship him out west, dallas, san antonio, la, even phoenix if they retain nash.
                          i am for trading the pick if we are landing at the 8-10 might be able to get a batum, who i dont think is giving up on the rebuild and maybe a later first round pick.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i am for trading the pick if we are landing at the 8-10 might be able to get a batum, who i dont think is giving up on the rebuild and maybe a later first round pick.
                            well, a rebuild is getting your star players through the draft and then using free agency and trades to fill out the rest of the roster.

you're not going to get batum out of portland, and quite frankly he isn't worth what it would take even if it was possible.

Josh Smith is younger than bargnani i think, I know he's not 30.

But, his price could be a bit steep and there are younger, less risky options. I'm still not sure Derozan is a sure fire 2. But, let's say he is.I just don't see any non-draft options at 3. Unless, you try to get wes johnson or d-will 2 from minny.
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 02:19 AM. Reason: line removed - inappropriate

Comment

well, a rebuild is getting your star players through the draft and then using free agency and trades to fill out the rest of the roster.

you're not going to get batum out of portland, and quite frankly he isn't worth what it would take even if it was possible.

But, his price could be a bit steep and there are younger, less risky options. I'm still not sure Derozan is a sure fire 2. But, let's say he is.I just don't see any non-draft options at 3. Unless, you try to get wes johnson or d-will 2 from minny.
                              be amused if you like
                              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 02:19 AM. Reason: quote and reply altered

Comment

Josh is the same age as Bargs and is much better than him in every way as a C/PF.

If he is ready to commit to us I would have no problem signing him. We don't want to sign the Deron Williams 2.0 who is hitting the free agency next year.

Atlanta would need Bargnani + this year 1st rounder for him. Any trade which involves this year's lottery pick has to be a franchise player. And Josh with all his positives is still not a franchise player.
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 02:18 AM. Reason: quote altered

Comment

Working...
                                X