Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    he's actually a excellent facilitator
    I can't envision him being a better facilitator than Bayless.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

really?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    really?
    Yeah, honestly.

Maybe, I just haven't watched enough Philly games. But there's nothing about Iggy that tells me he can run an offense (which is what would be expected of a "point forward"). He's got solid assist numbers for a SF, but if Calderon is shipped, having Iggy with the ball isn't going to help ease Calderon's absence.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, honestly.

Maybe, I just haven't watched enough Philly games. But there's nothing about Iggy that tells me he can run an offense (which is what would be expected of a "point forward"). He's got solid assist numbers for a SF, but if Calderon is shipped, having Iggy with the ball isn't going to help ease Calderon's absence.
    No one said he's going to take over the point guard duties. A point forward just eases the burden of the point guard a bit, especially if the starting pg isn't in the game. Or if the starting point guard's creative skill/ facilitating skill is lacking. A 3 that averages 5.5-6 assists per game? That's solid. Not too many small forwards can do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chad Ford's latest chat

Gabe (Naperville)

There are rumblings from several local reporters that the Bulls may be looking to move into the Top 10. Have you heard anything to that extent?

Chad Ford (1:35 PM)

Only way I could really see that happening is if the Raptors settled for Luol Deng there. A deal of Deng and No. 29 for Calderon and No. 8 might work for both sides.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44193

Deng? No thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Iggy as a point forward? That's the 1st I'm ever hearing of such a strategy. He's no Odom or Turkoglu.
    your right...because he has better assist numbers than both of those Point Forwards

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind Deng, but wouldn't give up the pick for him, or Ed Davis for that matter. So I don't really see a match, since I doubt they want to trade Deng for Amir and/or Calderon. And I'd only include Calderon in the unlikely event that the Nash rumours are true, since he's more valuable than Deng, imo.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Deng isn't a great shot creator, he's a good defender, and a great catch-and-shoot player, an all-star, but not elite status IMO.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread Information