Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming we end up with the 8th pick, we package it with one of the young onez and move up to pick Beal 4th or 5th.

Done.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, because Beal is the best player available...

We're more likely to trade the pick and someone for somebody already in the league like omg! Batum or Dk Will.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    We're more likely to trade the pick and someone for somebody already in the league like omg! Batum or Dk Will.
    I totally agree with this, if at 8 none of the players we target is available, I think that's what we should do, try to get a young 3 that already established himself in the league so we don't need to teach him everything. But to find the right deal that is what is going to be hard. First find a trade partner, then trade for a good player. I don't think we can get anyone from Gay, Iggy, W.Chandler or Granger, because their team are build right now, and I don't think those teams want to add a young prospect. Maybe Denver. A sign&trade for Batum maybe. This would be really, really nice.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kawhi Leonard

Why not trade the pick for Kawhi Leonard? He fits the mold, only concern is his shooting outside 15 feet, which he actually improved this year. Hard worker, great athleticism and a physical specimen with his wingspan and hand size.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ste0250 wrote: View Post
    Why not trade the pick for Kawhi Leonard? He fits the mold, only concern is his shooting outside 15 feet, which he actually improved this year. Hard worker, great athleticism and a physical specimen with his wingspan and hand size.
    i don't think the spurs will trade kawhi unless they get a good offer. they would have to really like a player at the "8" spot to make that trade. he is a keeper. at the 15 where they got him he might end up being the steal of last years draft and could become one of the best players of last years draft.

i wanted him last year after the two pgs we passed over.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nah Leonard is too average. We need an all star SF if we want to succeed

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go take a look at some ideas in my new trade thread...

Post Thanks / Like

They shouldn't trade up at all costs. They need to value the player they can land if they move up versus the player they can land by staying put plus the other assets which would be used in moving up. The draft is a bit of a crap shoot so unless they;'re moving into the top three I'm not so certain the guy they land at four or five is guaranteed to be better than the guy at eight. At eight they're in range of wings and point guards with all-star upside.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I should reiterate that when I say they should move up I mean top 3 (unless Beal slides!) because trading up for Harrison Barnes is silly to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm intrigued to know if Indiana still has interest in O.J. Mayo and raps could some how facilitate a trade with memphis and indiana to get Paul George.

Or

am I lead to believe that George is untouchable?

Post Thanks / Like

He's absolutely untouchable

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Indiana traded kawhi leonard for george hill. It worked out for both teams..and maybe we could do something similar.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    You must know Larry bird pretty well

Post Thanks / Like

Call it a hunch

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Darien wrote: View Post
    If we stay at 8, I would try to swing a trade down and gamble on elite athletes... PJ3 and Tony Wroten Jr. Give up Amir if you have to. I want to see what Casey would do with these two.
    Trading down for a couple of picks or a good young player and a pick might be intriguing. Houston has picks 14 and 16, and Boston has 20 and 21. Moe Harkless might be an interesting option for the SF position. I think he might have a lot of upside. Another guy that might be of interest is Dion Waiters. Would Harkless and Waiters or Wroten be a better option than whoever is available at #8? I think that anyone available at #8 will have some question marks. Colangelo is going to have to earn some of his money with his decisions at the draft this year.

Post Thanks / Like

trade to houston for dragic and one of their first rounders, where austin rivers, j lamb are projected.

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the raps don't luck into a top three, I think they need to trade up to grab one of Kidd-Gilchrist or Barnes. If BC can't trade up, then I think they should trade down, or trade it away altogether

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Josh smith cant play C
    He can, just not very well. Then again one might argue that Bargs is brutal as a center. Swap Bargs for Josh Smith? Interesting. I'd say you improved (overall) at PF, but I am not sure I would give up on Bargs yet. I still believe 1 full year under Casey (& a full training camp and hopefully healthy) you might see Bargs as an elite player.
    -His offence is excellent (I don't think anybody can argue that);
    -His one on one D is solid (he can hold his own against most bigs)
    -Help D -Brutal (I am not going to sugar coat that). But is it his fault that guards are getting beat & he is forced to help (and look silly at it)? Why trow baby with bath water? Find a big (4 or 5) that is a good help defender & you solved the problem.
    Atlanta must cut the payroll & Smith is UFA next year. What does it take? Davis, Amir, next years 1st? Probably close. Add Marvin Williams & Kleiza in the picture & you might have a deal. Next year exceeding salary cap will be very painful (even Cuban cut back) & probably avoided by all but few teams (Lakers, Knicks, Miami).
    Perhaps a bit optimistic, but if you can pull above, draft Beal (or DD & our first for J Harden -this might be a lot more realistic than you think as OKC can only keep 1 of 2 -Harden or Ibaka next year) & you have a solid playoff team.
    Last edited by Mapko; Tue May 1st, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a difference a month makes! When this thread was first started, it was widely assumed that the Raps would have a top-5 pick, whereas now we're just hoping the Raps stay in the top-8!

Assuming the Raps do wind up staying in the #8 spot, I wonder what type of player the pick would return, should BC look to explore trading out of the draft altogether. Or what it would net with other assets thrown in (ie: #38 pick, #56 pick, Amir/Davis, JJ)? Hard to answer on RR, without hearing GM conversations, but certainly food for thought!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I'll stand by you on this one. The Raptors have no player current on roster who I would want over Paul George. JV isn't here so he doesn't count. With that in mind George is pretty much untouchable for the Raptors within reason.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information