Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade the pick: ESPN late to the party (274)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    You must know Larry bird pretty well
    Oh yeah, me, ceez, and larry all went to high school together.

Good ol lar, he was a real weird dude.We all were.We called him the hick from french lick back then too.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as we fall out of the top 6, we should be looking to trade. I don't know of anyone outside the top 6 in this draft that will really help us, unless I am missing something. BC won't trade bargnani to make way for a PF like Sullinger, and I don't think marshall has shown enough to warrant a move of jose. We should trade the pick along with some riff raff (i.e. Derozan) and get a quality 2 who can create off the dribble. If we do that and add a vet, we should be better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    As soon as we fall out of the top 6, we should be looking to trade. I don't know of anyone outside the top 6 in this draft that will really help us, unless I am missing something.
    I keep reading this is a deep draft. High impact players are taken later in virtually all drafts. Also, if your thinking is correct then surely the experts in the field would think the same. If they think the same as you why would they give the Raptors anything of significance for the pick?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PJ3, Lillard, Marshall or Miller

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you guys trade the pick if we got a top 3-4 pick?

The way I see it is, where we stand right now, there is no team out there that will trade out of desperation so that they can land Damian Lillard. But if we had Robinson, MKG (okay maybe not him, I'm sure we would draft him) or Drummond in our sights, then I can see someone wanting to either trade in or trade up.

And of course there's Anthony Davis.. if we get the #1 pick, what would it take for the Raptors to trade the pick considering how much Colangelo loves Bargnani?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

If we got a top 3 pick yes.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    And of course there's Anthony Davis.. if we get the #1 pick, what would it take for the Raptors to trade the pick considering how much Colangelo loves Bargnani?
    You don't trade Davis. You just don't. If we get this guy, there's no chance we trade him, believe me. He's a beast and we should build our team around him, just like every other team would/should do if they get him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    You don't trade Davis. You just don't. If we get this guy, there's no chance we trade him, believe me. He's a beast and we should build our team around him, just like every other team would/should do if they get him.
    Davis is a franchise star player, you don't often get those. The Raptors with Davis and Big Val would dominate the glass like crazy.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Davis is a franchise star player....
    No face-up game. And I don't like his three point shot. And he needs to put on weight. And how do we know he won't leave as soon as his rookie contract is up. And he's toooo coachable. He will make the stubborn and recalcitrant players feel bad about themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you know anybody won't leave after their rookie contract? How rare is it?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    How do you know anybody won't leave after their rookie contract? How rare is it?
    The first big money contract is right after the rookie deal. With the larger raises, Bird Rights, restricted free agency, and guaranteed money, the first big money contract is not an issue.

The second contract contract is where things get interesting because they are no longer restricted. Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony, LBJ, Deron Williams, Douche Howard, and Chris Paul are all great examples.

Post Thanks / Like

So, we're talking... what... 7, 8 years before leaving is an option.

And Deron Williams is not a great example since he never straight up said definitely, he wanted out. Just that he was getting real frustrated with Utah and he wanted out if things weren't turned around. I think Utah fucked D. Will and Sloan, not the other way.

But, besides the point I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

So, we're talking... what... 7, 8 years before leaving is an option.

And Deron Williams is not a great example since he never straight up said definitely, he wanted out. Just that he was getting real frustrated with Utah and he wanted out if things weren't turned around. I think Utah fucked D. Will and Sloan, not the other way.

But, besides the point I guess.
    I was just answering the question you put out there. If a player is worth having, they rarely leave after the rookie deal. The 2nd contract is the issue - that was all I was saying.

Regarding Williams in Utah, Toronto and Cleveland were the guinea pigs for teams to learn what to do when a star player won't sign an extension - especially a max extension. At the time of his trade the Carmelo saga just ended in Denver and everyone was getting ready to speculate on Williams. Utah offered the extension which he wouldn't sign and the rumours were circulating that he was leaving. Utah did the absolute correct thing and sent him packing and got maximum value in return (basically 2 top 3 draft picks from 2010 and 2011 draft).

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally I think people leave after their rookie contract for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) Bad chemistry, system sucks. We have Casey so I'm fairly confident this won't be a problem for the Raptors going forward.
    2) Playing time. Player was drafted as BPA when the team already had someone else playing that position. The kid never got to play, or never got to start and wants to try a different team where he'll get that chance. Usually this means he wasn't that good to begin with, or there is something silly happening in upper management.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I was just answering the question you put out there. If a player is worth having, they rarely leave after the rookie deal. The 2nd contract is the issue - that was all I was saying.

Regarding Williams in Utah, Toronto and Cleveland were the guinea pigs for teams to learn what to do when a star player won't sign an extension - especially a max extension. At the time of his trade the Carmelo saga just ended in Denver and everyone was getting ready to speculate on Williams. Utah offered the extension which he wouldn't sign and the rumours were circulating that he was leaving. Utah did the absolute correct thing and sent him packing and got maximum value in return (basically 2 top 3 draft picks from 2010 and 2011 draft).
    I wasn't on you. If I will be in the future. Which I'm sure I will as will you. I'll put ! at the end of sentences.

I agree with you, amd understand what you're saying. I just think Utah... sorry just saw that ugly tanned lady that took her kid to the tan salon on the tv, threw up and completely lost train of thought...

Uhm...ya...

yep. Completely gone.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't on you. If I will be in the future. Which I'm sure I will as will you. I'll put ! at the end of sentences.

I agree with you, amd understand what you're saying. I just think Utah... sorry just saw that ugly tanned lady that took her kid to the tan salon on the tv, threw up and completely lost train of thought...

Uhm...ya...

yep. Completely gone.
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

lol
    I'm not sure you've seen this lady. But, she literally thinks she is the polar opposite of what she is and this fifteen minutes of fame she has got has not helped.

She looks like a 20 year old leather couch used by a family of five.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure you've seen this lady. But, she literally thinks she is the polar opposite of what she is and this fifteen minutes of fame she has got has not helped.

She looks like a 20 year old leather couch used by a family of five.
    Or Michael Jackson's original skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Or Michael Jackson's original skin.
    Or if Richard Simmons and dog the bounty hunter had a child.

Post Thanks / Like

Or if Richard Simmons and dog the bounty hunter had a child.
    Or the time Ted Danson showed up with Whoopi Goldberg painted as a black man.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information