Your 2012/13 Dream (Yet Also Logical and Doable) 10 Man Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't find the story but I read something recently saying, much like Amir Johnson, the initial value reported was not the true amount. It was something like 5 years and $30M with all of this year (21 games) being guaranteed. That would leave 4 years and around $24M per season. Around $6M per year would be VERY good for Chandler in my opinion - even though he has struggled re-adjusting to the NBA.

If anyone can find that link, I'd appreciate it. I've looked but can't find it. There is always the possibility I am wrong but I don't usually hallucinate such things.
    Found the following off of HoopsHype:
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/wilson_chandler

Wilson's Chandler's new contract in Denver, widely reported to be worth $37 million over five years, actually comes in at $31.7 million, according to sources familiar with the contract. The deal starts at $5.5 million for the rest of this season and tops out at $7.2 million in 2015-16, sources said. ESPN.com
    That links to a Stein column at ESPN:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...hing-decisions

Wilson's Chandler's new contract in Denver, widely reported to be worth $37 million over five years, actually comes in at $31.7 million, according to sources familiar with the contract.

The deal starts at $5.5 million for the rest of this season and tops out at $7.2 million in 2015-16, sources said.

At present, though, only $2 million of Chandler's 2015-16 salary is guaranteed.
    So if that's accurate, Chandler is making about $6.5M a year starting next season.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Found the following off of HoopsHype:
      http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/wilson_chandler

That links to a Stein column at ESPN:
      http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...hing-decisions

So if that's accurate, Chandler is making about $6.5M a year starting next season.
      Thanks man! Nice to know I'm not making sh!t up in my head!

I would be all over Chandler at that contract.

Comment

trade derozan bayless and ed for a 2nd lottery pick -> I could see Detriot Portland or Utah being interested in that deal.

Calderon, Aaron Brooks (draft a young pg like tony wroten,marquis teague or isaiah cannon in the 2nd round)
        Beal, Forbes ( try going after landry fields, courtney lee or cj miles or another veteren wing in free agency. If unsuccessful stay with Forbes)
        MKG, JJ
        Bargs, Amir
        Jonas, Gray (try going after Robin Lopez. If unsuccessful Aaron Gray is fine)

Put all of this together with Casey's defensive scheme and you have a team ready to challenge for the title in 2 years. Calderon and Brooks- experienced point guards who could do that job until the young pg is ready. Beal an outstanding shooter and rebounder to compliment a gritty hard-nosed defender and future all star and all-defensive 1st team player in MKG. Then Bargs will be our leading scorer to drags opposing big men out and makes space for Jonas to do work in the post and clean up all rebounds. Furthermore, our pick and roll game maximized by the pick and pop/pick and roll options with bargs and JV. This team would be able to score,defend, and rebound people.

In all seriousness this can happen because of our cap flexibility and young assets that can be moved for a 2nd lottery pick. It would take maybe 1 year for this all to click (we could still be a playoff team) but I guarentee after that we would finally have a title contender in town!! PLEASE READD THIS COLANGELO

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          With regards to Chandler, I've wondered why Denver would pay so much for a backup player. It made me wonder if the salary was actually negotiated with the Raptors when he was in Toronto, to eventually be dealt to the Raptors as a delayed S&T deal. It is also interesting to note that Chandler's salary would fit nicely into Toronto's pre-July 1st TPE which was generated by the Barbosa trade (Chandler can be traded anytime after May 18).
          That will be very interesting to find out, indeed. If that was the case I'd go hard after Brad Beal in the draft to play SG and dump DeRozan to try and get a PG. I still wanna get rid of Bargs but I'd once again be willing to give him another shot next season to play with Jonas. If he gets injured again I trade him ASAP.

Comment

PG - Jose Calderon/Kendall Marshall - Kabongo - Goran Dragic
            SG - Demar Derozan/Gary Forbes
            SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/James Johnson
            PF - Andrea Bargnani/Ed Davis
            C - Jonas Valanciunas/Aaron Gray
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Starting : Jonas, Pau Gasol, MKG, Eric Gordon, Calderon
              Bench : Camby (FA), Davis, JJ, Kleiza, Forbes, Bayless

Trade:
              http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7j74j7r
              Lakers trade Pau for Andrea+ Amir + second rounder

sign-in trade Eric Gordon for Demar + Gray

Comment

or...

PG - Jose Calderon/Kendall Marshall - Myck Kabongo - Goran Dragic
                SG - Demar Derozan/Gary Forbes
                SF - James Johnson/(Receiving player in trade for Andrea Bargnani)
                PF - Anthony Davis/Amir Johnson
                C - Jonas Valanciunas/Aaron Gray

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                  Starting : Jonas, Pau Gasol, MKG, Eric Gordon, Calderon
                  Bench : Camby (FA), Davis, JJ, Kleiza, Forbes, Bayless

Trade:
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7j74j7r
                  Lakers trade Pau for Andrea+ Amir + second rounder

sign-in trade Eric Gordon for Demar + Gray
                  Oh man that seems way too good to be true :P

Comment

I had to factor in a draft pick and got to 11:

Holiday, Hinrich
                    DD, Forbes
                    JJ, Kleiza, Miller
                    Bargnani, Amir
                    JV, Gray

*ED/Raps pick for Holiday/76ers pick
                    *Raps draft Quincy Miller with 76ers pick as a very talented project who could be a star if healthy

Comment

Jose Calderon/Bayless/Kabongo
                      Demar Derozan/Gary Forbes
                      Batum/MKG/JJ
                      Davis/Amir
                      Val/Gray

Resign Gray, Bayless. Flip Bargs and Ed and future first round pick for second lottery pick.
                      Draft MKG, Davis, and Kabongo
                      Sign Batum.
                      Amnesty Kleiza.
                      With this we can slowly integrate MKG into the game, slide batum to the 2 and have MKG play more at the end of games. This way Derozan's happy he starts.
                      Its a pipe-dream, but its also cost effective, with Bayless getting approx 4 mill, jose and batum getting 10mill each, and 5 players on rookie contract. Then if Demar leaves after his rookie contract, all the better, because we can officially move batum to the 2 and have a great rebounding lineup, and good shooting and GREAT defense.

Comment

I guess lottery balls giving us the #1 pick is within the realm of reality ... welcome AD!

Sorry Bargs ... that means you're getting flipped for a SG who can score ... Tyreke Evans
                        Salaries don't need to match with cap room. Cousins and Bargs is nice for them. Can start Thornton @ SG.

2012-13 Toronto Raptors:

Valanciunas (rim protection, rebounding ... developing inside game and mid-range)
                        Anthony Davis (more rim protection & defence ... developing jumper and transition monster)
                        James Johnson (MORE rim protection, crazy hustle and defence, with nice point-forward abilities)
                        Tyreke Evans (scoring, penetration, ball handling, & tough rebounding at SG)
                        Jose (tempo & distribution control, veteran leadership)

Gray - Amir - Kleiza - Demar - Bayless

Bring back Bayless and Gray on reasonable deals.
                        Use Demar as 6th man - his only real weapon is scoring anyhow.

This wouldn't even touch our cap space, and would remove all of Bargs $$$ too ... keep it to bring back Reke and go after a star PG in 2013, after showing our championship potential.
                        Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Thu Apr 5, 2012, 08:02 AM.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          Well who is?

Fuck... people put a little effort in if you are going to rip on someone. Realistically Dragic could be had, maybe you don't like the fit, but what do you see as a potential 10 man rotation?
                          No need to get Angry there WJF! haha
                          I was at work and didn't really have time to contribute a proper response. Just wanted to let it be known where I stood on Dragic.

In terms of a Potential 10 man Roster?

Jose/Marshall (with new pick obtained from trading Ed and pieces)
                          Demar/Bayless
                          Barnes or Jones or MKG (with top Pick)/Jam Johnson
                          Andrea/Amir
                          JV/Sacre (with second rounder obtained with pieces or cash)

I think my list actually looks quite similar to yours! Fancy that.

Comment

All these hypothetical situations and no Solomon Alabi?

Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Jose and Marshall/forbes

Demar and Bayless/forbes

MKG and JJ

Bargs and Amir

JV and Gray

but I think I am not to sure about having gray back up JV/the pg situation

Comment

PG: Dragic/Jose

SG: Demar/JJ/Kleiza

SF: MKG (or Barnes)/JJ/Kleiza

PF: Bargs/Amir

C: Jonas/Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X