X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I need this it's awesome
    its also 900 dollhairs.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i'd be shocked if it was only 900 bucks
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        i'd be shocked if it was only 900 bucks
        900 bucks might be a bit much, 900 dollars is more like it. besides, where would you store them all?

but, in all seriousness it's not going to be more than 700 bucks. I think that's the line probably past it where people say it's not worth it.

plus, it's by google they aren't hurtin for money. they are more concerned about units sold than unit price.

also, glasses alone cost a few hundred. i mean it can't be more than 650, i'm actually going to throw out $581.

quick, everyone throw out a guestimation of how much it'll cost.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

the best ukulele ad I have ever seen...solid

seriously though, this looks pretty amazing but I doubt it will be even close to how handy it is in the ad

I feel it is going to be like Siri. Sorta cool but less practical then the ads made it seem.

maybe I am wrong, but it looks a bit "too good to be true" like a lot of other things that turned out to be less amazing when they came out

still though, pretty amazing advancement

id say when it first comes out it is gonna be like 750

Comment

The video is about a regular dude walking around doing regular stuff. Regular people probably can't justify spending $900 on a headset device. If Google marketed it like Apple does with their devices you'd probably see multiple versions. A more simple version priced at an easy entry price, then a medium version for people more serious in the tech and then finally the high end version. I think $900 would be too much for a high end version. The 64GB ipad 3 isn't even that much.

Such a device could be revolutionary. It could be a smart phone killer.

Comment

i already have glasses hehe

Comment

i might actually start wearing mine.

Comment

Other companies also working on similar devices?

Between new job postings and a visit from Apple's CEO, Valve has had a busy day and it's obvious that the company is planning for the future, and according to a member of Valve's research and development team, the future is wearable computing.

Michael Abrash posted a lengthy, official blog entry that covers the events in his career that lead up to his current role with the company. When speaking about his present situation, Abrash clearly states that he leading a research expedition into the world of wearable computers, a technology that he describes as "mobile computing where both computer-generated graphics and the real world are seamlessly overlaid in your view."

There are still many steps that need to successfully be taken until "Steam Goggles" become a reality, but Abrash thinks that the technology can have a proper introduction in as little as 3-5 years. At this stage, he stresses that this is just R&D, that there is no actual product and that it definitely won't be revealed at this year's E3.

This isn't the first time that the company has expressed interest in wearable computing either,Valve's Gabe Newell spoke about similar technology with Penny Arcade earlier this year.
                  Source IGN.com

I would not be surprised if Apple is also all over this as well. They've been the trend setter for a decade now.

One really important piece here is Valve think this tech release is dooable in the next 3-5 years. Your tablets are gonna look like prehistoric pieces of shit in no time.

Comment

why are they called tablets?

stupidest thing I ever heard. Tablets are what I eat in the morning to stay healthy.

Comment

And you thought you had a great ball handles...and looked good too?

Sign her up!!!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Sign her up!!!

Wow she really worked those balls all around her body,
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/...data-overlays/

So it looks like this is sorta just "meh" rather than "AMAZINGGGGG".

Comment

That juggling video is ridiculous.

Comment

She can move my balls around her body anytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X