Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If JV was in the 2012 draft....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Father rev wrote: View Post
    David robinson had a big impact when he was drafted and entered the leauge 2 years later with another top pick which i believe was sean elliot. Im looking to see the raptors take tbat road with a jump of winning 22 more games if it was a 82 game season
    Robinson was also 25 if I recall correct. He had to serve out his navy service before playing for the Spurs.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Given the things he has accomplished since last year's draft:

a re-do of '11 puts him at #2;

and entry in to this draft puts him at #2.
    Exactly right...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

#1 for me. Much more potent offensive game and can make free throws which is huge in the NBA. Davis has the edge defensively but the gap is small. If you look at their overall game I see no reason to put Davis over Jonas. This kid is the real deal, I can't wait for him to come over. As for a redo of last year its a toss between him and Irving. I'd still take Jonas #1 though because of the upside and defensive prowess.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Macc wrote: View Post
    #1 for me. Much more potent offensive game and can make free throws which is huge in the NBA. Davis has the edge defensively but the gap is small. If you look at their overall game I see no reason to put Davis over Jonas. This kid is the real deal, I can't wait for him to come over. As for a redo of last year its a toss between him and Irving. I'd still take Jonas #1 though because of the upside and defensive prowess.
    If you are tossing up Jonas and Kyrie then, in my books, you have to put Davis ahead of both of them. He is a much more highly touted first overall pick than Irving was last year. Scouts are saying he is a franchise changer and the "real deal". I don't remember that talk last year. Even the "homer" Jack Armstrong says that JV would go #2 this year... with no argument what-so-ever about who the #1 pick is. Armstrong has been urging fans to start praying for the #1 pick to fall there way... again not something I heard from him last year. I haven't watched Davis all year; however, from the tourny it was obvious that this guy impacts the game far more than Irving did in his first year (even when he was healthy) and projects to be a Kevin Garnett/Kevin Durant type. What we can't measure right now is the "fire" within and the other intangibles necessary to be a megastar.

I have loved what I see from JV, and hope he is as good as some are thinking; however, I am keeping my expectations in the Joakim Noah projection.
    ďBe more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.Ē
    ― John Wooden

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I stand by what I said earlier..I don't think anyone would say Marc Gasol is a bad defender (I think he is still top 10 in blocks), but he isn't D-Howard.

Also, I don't think anyone would say that Davis is a good offensive player, only that he is efficient. He's Dwight Howard with a jump shot.

While JV is a Marc Gasol with better athleticism.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I stand by what I said earlier..I don't think anyone would say Marc Gasol is a bad defender (I think he is still top 10 in blocks), but he isn't D-Howard.

Also, I don't think anyone would say that Davis is a good offensive player, only that he is efficient. He's Dwight Howard with a jump shot.

While JV is a Marc Gasol with better athleticism.
    "Dwight Howard with a jump shot"?? If that includes good FT shooting, Davis will be a player for all time.

Frankly, I see more KG in him than Howard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information