Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Sonny Weems' badly sprained ankle

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sonny Weems' badly sprained ankle

    Last edited by Jaworski; Mon Apr 9th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    SICK!
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Weems is indeed a drama queen.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ray Christ that's an ugly foot.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this guy has the feet of a 300 lb nfl defensive tackle.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like Weems is still going through financial problems..... Forget paying back the loan, dude cant even buy nail clippers!

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh hwwwelll nah! That's NASTY Sonny.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sonny's agent needs to get him casted for The Walking Dead

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    looks like the foot of a retired nba player

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colborne, ON
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The hideousness of that image will haunt my dreams.......

  11. #11
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Looks like Weems is still going through financial problems..... Forget paying back the loan, dude cant even buy nail clippers!
    ...Nor fungal medication.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sonny's Return

    Alex Kennedy tweets:

    Sonny Weems will return to the NBA next season. He's a restricted free agent. Celtics, Pistons, Cavaliers and Clippers have shown interest.
    I wonder if Colangelo matches any offer.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #13
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Alex Kennedy tweets:



    I wonder if Colangelo matches any offer.
    I would much rather BC use Weems as an asset for S&T. With Bass opting out of his contract with the Celtics, they are in desperate need of bigs, especially if Garnett ends up leaving - Amir seems to be the ideal blue-collar bring-your-lunchpail-to-work type PF the Celtics love. And they have no backup PG.

    How about BC just ships Weems, Bayless, Amir, #37 & #56 to the Celtics for one/both of their mid-1st round picks (#21 & #22). Boston can re-load young and cheap and have a "Young Onez" reunion. Toronto has all sorts of options then, including trying to package multiple 1st round picks for a proven wing or moving up in the draft.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I would much rather BC use Weems as an asset for S&T. With Bass opting out of his contract with the Celtics, they are in desperate need of bigs, especially if Garnett ends up leaving - Amir seems to be the ideal blue-collar bring-your-lunchpail-to-work type PF the Celtics love. And they have no backup PG.

    How about BC just ships Weems, Bayless, Amir, #37 & #56 to the Celtics for one/both of their mid-1st round picks (#21 & #22). Boston can re-load young and cheap and have a "Young Onez" reunion. Toronto has all sorts of options then, including trying to package multiple 1st round picks for a proven wing or moving up in the draft.
    I am not a believer on fringe players being S&T assets. If Toronto does not want to resign Sonny Weems, they should not match any offer and risk being stuck with a player they do not want and/or an unfavorable contract. The same logic applies to Bayless if the Raptors do not tender him the QA and another team offers him 4M+ a year.

    Just let them walk and save yourself from bad contracts.

    I am not a believer in 2nd round picks either. Picks #37 and #56 can be traded for a player another team no longer wants, but beyond that, the picks have very little value in my opinion.

    Having said that, I see no reason whatsoever for Boston to trade both its mid-1st round pick for the players and picks listed. The only interesting asset is Amir and his value is dependent upon your belief whether is overpaid or not. I am uncertain whether he is worth a #21 pick because I lean towards the overpaid side. Good backup, but I would like him more if he was making $5M or less a year.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    I am not a believer on fringe players being S&T assets. If Toronto does not want to resign Sonny Weems, they should not match any offer and risk being stuck with a player they do not want and/or an unfavorable contract. The same logic applies to Bayless if the Raptors do not tender him the QA and another team offers him 4M+ a year.

    Just let them walk and save yourself from bad contracts.

    I am not a believer in 2nd round picks either. Picks #37 and #56 can be traded for a player another team no longer wants, but beyond that, the picks have very little value in my opinion.

    Having said that, I see no reason whatsoever for Boston to trade both its mid-1st round pick for the players and picks listed. The only interesting asset is Amir and his value is dependent upon your belief whether is overpaid or not. I am uncertain whether he is worth a #21 pick because I lean towards the overpaid side. Good backup, but I would like him more if he was making $5M or less a year.
    I wouldn't re-sign or match Weems or Bayless either, unless a S&T is already agreed upon. I could see the Celtics giving up one of their picks in exchange for 3 solid rotation players. Amir @ $6M, Bayless @ $4M and Weems @ $2M wouldn't be horrible for 3 young, veteran-ish players with room for improvement. I'm not saying Boston would go for it, I'm just floating it as an idea... I can't see Boston wanting to add 2 mid-range rookies, since they'd likely be looking to "re-tool" as opposed to "re-build". Only Rondo and Pearce are under contract next season for more than $1.5M (and Pearce was rumored to be considering retirement if the big-3 breaks up), so the Celtics would have loads of cap space available.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •