Thread: Sonny Weems' badly sprained ankle

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonny Weems' badly sprained ankle

Last edited by Jaworski; Mon Apr 9th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

SICK!
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Weems is indeed a drama queen.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray Christ that's an ugly foot.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

this guy has the feet of a 300 lb nfl defensive tackle.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Weems is still going through financial problems..... Forget paying back the loan, dude cant even buy nail clippers!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hwwwelll nah! That's NASTY Sonny.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonny's agent needs to get him casted for The Walking Dead

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like the foot of a retired nba player

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The hideousness of that image will haunt my dreams.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Looks like Weems is still going through financial problems..... Forget paying back the loan, dude cant even buy nail clippers!
    ...Nor fungal medication.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonny's Return

Alex Kennedy tweets:

Sonny Weems will return to the NBA next season. He's a restricted free agent. Celtics, Pistons, Cavaliers and Clippers have shown interest.
    I wonder if Colangelo matches any offer.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Alex Kennedy tweets:

I wonder if Colangelo matches any offer.
    I would much rather BC use Weems as an asset for S&T. With Bass opting out of his contract with the Celtics, they are in desperate need of bigs, especially if Garnett ends up leaving - Amir seems to be the ideal blue-collar bring-your-lunchpail-to-work type PF the Celtics love. And they have no backup PG.

How about BC just ships Weems, Bayless, Amir, #37 & #56 to the Celtics for one/both of their mid-1st round picks (#21 & #22). Boston can re-load young and cheap and have a "Young Onez" reunion. Toronto has all sorts of options then, including trying to package multiple 1st round picks for a proven wing or moving up in the draft.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I would much rather BC use Weems as an asset for S&T. With Bass opting out of his contract with the Celtics, they are in desperate need of bigs, especially if Garnett ends up leaving - Amir seems to be the ideal blue-collar bring-your-lunchpail-to-work type PF the Celtics love. And they have no backup PG.

How about BC just ships Weems, Bayless, Amir, #37 & #56 to the Celtics for one/both of their mid-1st round picks (#21 & #22). Boston can re-load young and cheap and have a "Young Onez" reunion. Toronto has all sorts of options then, including trying to package multiple 1st round picks for a proven wing or moving up in the draft.
    I am not a believer on fringe players being S&T assets. If Toronto does not want to resign Sonny Weems, they should not match any offer and risk being stuck with a player they do not want and/or an unfavorable contract. The same logic applies to Bayless if the Raptors do not tender him the QA and another team offers him 4M+ a year.

Just let them walk and save yourself from bad contracts.

I am not a believer in 2nd round picks either. Picks #37 and #56 can be traded for a player another team no longer wants, but beyond that, the picks have very little value in my opinion.

Having said that, I see no reason whatsoever for Boston to trade both its mid-1st round pick for the players and picks listed. The only interesting asset is Amir and his value is dependent upon your belief whether is overpaid or not. I am uncertain whether he is worth a #21 pick because I lean towards the overpaid side. Good backup, but I would like him more if he was making $5M or less a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    I am not a believer on fringe players being S&T assets. If Toronto does not want to resign Sonny Weems, they should not match any offer and risk being stuck with a player they do not want and/or an unfavorable contract. The same logic applies to Bayless if the Raptors do not tender him the QA and another team offers him 4M+ a year.

Just let them walk and save yourself from bad contracts.

I am not a believer in 2nd round picks either. Picks #37 and #56 can be traded for a player another team no longer wants, but beyond that, the picks have very little value in my opinion.

Having said that, I see no reason whatsoever for Boston to trade both its mid-1st round pick for the players and picks listed. The only interesting asset is Amir and his value is dependent upon your belief whether is overpaid or not. I am uncertain whether he is worth a #21 pick because I lean towards the overpaid side. Good backup, but I would like him more if he was making $5M or less a year.
    I wouldn't re-sign or match Weems or Bayless either, unless a S&T is already agreed upon. I could see the Celtics giving up one of their picks in exchange for 3 solid rotation players. Amir @ $6M, Bayless @ $4M and Weems @ $2M wouldn't be horrible for 3 young, veteran-ish players with room for improvement. I'm not saying Boston would go for it, I'm just floating it as an idea... I can't see Boston wanting to add 2 mid-range rookies, since they'd likely be looking to "re-tool" as opposed to "re-build". Only Rondo and Pearce are under contract next season for more than $1.5M (and Pearce was rumored to be considering retirement if the big-3 breaks up), so the Celtics would have loads of cap space available.

Thread Information