Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Fantasy Football DYNASTY League (S2 Discussion, see post 188 for final stats)

Post Thanks / Like

I've sent out a few offer to the league. Anyone on my roster is fair game but I am not looking to add depth, I have a lot of it, and so I am not looking to deal one of my guys away for two inbound players.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, so I missed the draft and I don't like my team much at all. I doubt I'll be keeping any of my defensive players. Does the 3 acquisitions per week count before the season starts? I'll be looking for my new players on Wednesday when the waiver period is over.

Post Thanks / Like

I will remove the acquisition cap prior to the season. It will be back in effect for week 1. You guys who didn't make it to the draft need a break. There is lots of interesting options on the wire.

One thing, the WW budget is in effect now so be careful not to blow that before the season even begins. Once guys clear waivers you don't need to bid and so you won't eat into your WW budget.

On a side note, I sent you a trade offer. Feel free to counter if we're in the same ball park.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it I'm alway the first person to pull the trigger on a trade? This one looks good for both of us JBML. You get defensive upgrades you really needed and I get a nice trading chip... Now I just need to worry about my IDP bench and hope no one goes down.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't get a chance to get on early this morning so I missed out on a couple guys I wanted, dammit! Oh well, I think I might be fine. I've got a middle of the pack team for season one right now. I'm gonna need to start hitting up some trades though to get some players I actually LIKE!

It also looks as though we do have $100 WW money for the season. I thought it was changed to $30?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a trade going through on Friday and I had a player in mind for the empy roster spot. Too late, you got him.

Anyway, I sent you an offer. I'm hoping you will like it but let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Who all missed the draft anyways? I know Drizz did, he hasn't even made a move yet... He's usually up to date with his moves for the most part. jbml missed as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah just you three. It's a tough way to start the league but the bench size is nice so a recovery can be doable even If auto pick fails you. I noticed Drizz has not been active yet. I hope that changes because I had to let someone go who actually wants to be in this league...

Post Thanks / Like

About that WW budget... it looks as though jbml has spent $31 already, so I'm assuming we get to use the whole $100?

Post Thanks / Like

Your budget is your WW priority. Once it runs out you have no priority over other owners for players on waivers. In fact you may not even be able to make a claim until after the clear waivers at that point.

The $100 only resets after the season is fully complete so if you there is a lot of strategy in how you use it.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, there is no way this trade should go through. It doesn't get more one sided than that.

I know Vick's value is low right now but so is Brady's. Pretty much giving up a weak QB and a top 5 RB for a slightly less weak QB. If this goes though this league veto system is a joke.

Vick = 46.30 points
    McFadden = 51.40 points

FOR

Brady = 50.18
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

And it went on and on and on here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....0-2e464f1afba7

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty much indifferent on this deal. While I think Apollo is getting the better deal all-in-all, it also works to geo's favor as well. Vick is essentially a backup on any of our teams, and we all know the shelf life of an NFL RB(especially an oft-injured one such as McFadden). Brady still has a good 3-4 years of excellent fantasy seasons left in him IMO. It does give Apollo great depth though which I'm not too keen on, but it's not such an unfair deal where I feel the need to veto it. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Brady scored 32 on the weekend. Vick and McFadden combined scored 26. The reason I accepted this deal is because a, the Ravens stated their offense would run through Flacco from now on and b, Flacco is actually doing something now that he's been given the keys. If things go as planned Vick will never start for me besides bye weeks.

For me the deal was McFadden for Brady and I pulled the trigger because of Flacco's play. I viewed it as a large risk for me given that I'm undefeated and this is a major shake up that's relying on an unproven fantasy QB. My prediction is Flacco lands in the top ten QB's. He has so much help around him now.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Apollo and jbml, voted against that one. Too lopsided IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys' we're in a league that starts 8 QBs vs. up to 32 starting WR's((3WR+1FLEX)*8). Which positions is more difficult to fill?

Who's gonna pay more than the 2011 second highest scoring WR, a guy who's blowing up right now again with huge games, and two second rounders? Let's lay the cards on the table and get jbml the best deal possible, maybe I'm not the other dance partner. My guess is no one offers anything that matches that because the demand/need isn't there in a small league. Not to mention he also has Brees and Luck. Damn, talk about stacked/log jammed at QB. That's a lot of useless fantasy points parked on the bench when Rodgers is in the mix as well.

Post Thanks / Like

This is no place for Football talk. Take is outside guys. Haha
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I didn't realize worlds collided. Football is killing Basketball Apollo.

EDIT: Moved to the appropriate place.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought you guys might enjoy this, wasn't sure where else to put it.

A Facebook Conversation between NFL QB's:

"That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen

I was not the draft. I have both Brees and Rodgers on my roster.

Both have been on the trading block since the beginning of the season.

I have received 3 offers, 2 from Apollo.

I have made offers to three other teams.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information