Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football DYNASTY League (S2 Discussion, see post 188 for final stats)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Fantasy Football DYNASTY League (S2 Discussion, see post 188 for final stats)

Hey all,

The NFL football keeper league is pretty popular. We're two seasons strong now and I'm sure season three will be the best yet.

However, with the NFL draft on the horizon it got me thinking about how cool it might be to have a second league around here, a Dynasty league. Dynasty leagues are pretty simple. You can keep everyone on your club if you wish and new players are added either via the draft or through free agency while the season is underway. It doesn't take much more time to manage two clubs, I typically have a minimum of three fantasy teams in any NFL season. Let me know what you think.

I'm in for sure, although I've never even heard of a Dynasty league.

So it's essentially a keeper league with no limit on keepers?

Comment

Key point:
      • Players on your roster stay there unless they're released or traded.
      • The draft only includes rookies.

In such a league teams typically aren't a trigger happy with making waiver moves because they're stuck with the entire team long term. Rookies and young guns have a higher value because they secure long term success.

I'm not sure how the draft would look in year one. Would we do a draft that excludes rookies and then a second draft of only rookies or would be just do one combined draft?

Comment

I'll play, sounds kinda cool.

Comment

Excellent. So we have three. All we need is five more. Hopefully everyone in the keeper league will be interested.

Comment

This sounds like a great idea for basketball as well Apollo. Don't know anything about NFL (I know Tebowing, that's it). Would be even more fun if it could be with real salary's and a salary cap and possibilities for trading picks as well, but I guess that's a little bit too complicated

Comment

The thing about having a second draft for rookies only sounds like you HAVE to have rookies on your team. I'm down for that but I'm not sure how many others would be. Maybe there should be a rule where we need 1 or 2 rookies on each team, or else we just draft them in the regular draft at our own free will? I guess we've got all summer to think about it, eh???? (Watch how quick it rolls back around!)

Comment

No, you don't have to have rookies on your team. You could forfeit your picks or trade your picks. Maybe in the inaugural season we just do one big draft and then implement the entry draft the following off-season so that this isn't too complicated. The key point to stress is once we get going the draft will strictly involve only rookies. So in August 2013, it will be strictly an entry draft. All other players not on teams are free agents; waiver priority which carries over from the prior season.

Comment

Alright I gotcha. Sounds like it should be very interesting! the first draft really means a lot to get your team where you really want it to be. Waivers are very important but if you can draft the guys first you're a whole lot better off.

Comment

Oh yeah and I don't know if being trigger happy on the wire will pay off long term. Younger players, especially running backs, will have a high value.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Excellent. So we have three. All we need is five more. Hopefully everyone in the keeper league will be interested.
                      I'm in. The more payback opportunities the better.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                        I'm in. The more payback opportunities the better.
                        Bah,ha, ha looks like I'm a marked man this season now that I have the crown.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        This sounds like a great idea for basketball as well Apollo. Don't know anything about NFL (I know Tebowing, that's it). Would be even more fun if it could be with real salary's and a salary cap and possibilities for trading picks as well, but I guess that's a little bit too complicated
                        Interesting idea. I'm sure there is enough interest around here for it. I mean the basketball league is just as popular as the football league, if not slightly more popular. Let's revisit this in September.

Comment

Sign me up.

Comment

One more twist:

Here is what I am proposing as the lineup in this dynasty league:
                            • 14 starters
                              OFFENSE
                              • 1 QB
                              • 2 WR
                              • 2 RB
                              • 1 TE
                              • 1 FLEX

DEFENSE
                              • 1 DE
                              • 2 LB
                              • 2 DB
                              • 1 FLEX