April 9- Indiana Pacers - Barbosa Reunion Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Something to consider when people throw out the numbers of being a double-double kind of player:

There are only 7 in the entire NBA (and the Lakers have 2).

Furthermore, there are only 28 guys in the league who average 8 rebounds per game. Not even every team has one guy who averages 8 rebounds per game - forget 10 per game.

Averaging 10 rebounds per game is a big deal and, sadly, I don't think Davis will ever do it.

His averaging 7.8 rebs in 19.4 mins last five games. I don't think the "numbers don't tell the whole story thing" apply to rebounding. It seems like that's a famous line around here.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 09:11 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
      Alansanity!

Seriously though, he is our leading scorer and he is on a 10 day contract.

Step up DeMar.
      Wow, didn't look at it that way.... That really means this team is shit.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Wow, didn't look at it that way.... That really means this team is shit.
        it means other teams dont know who anderson is and are only focusing on known scorers on defense... which we have few of with our injuries

Comment

shit.. we have to lose this game

Comment

Something to consider when people throw out the numbers of being a double-double kind of player:

Furthermore, there are only 28 guys in the league who average 8 rebounds per game. Not even every team has one guy who averages 8 rebounds per game - forget 10 per game.

Averaging 10 rebounds per game is a big deal and, sadly, I don't think Davis will ever do it.
            i don't care for points from ed. i want 10 rebounds per 30. if we extrapolate(thanks spell checker) to 30 from the bench guys i think it is fine. him and amir should be competing for the right to hustle and get garbage points, the rest of this season. i really think it is coming down to whoever gives the best return on draft night with these two.

all ed needs is one or 2 low post moves, right now he has the hook, so that on nights when he does seem to have the hot hand he can maybe chip in the odd 10 point plus game. just run the floor, block a shot or two, box out and grab boards.

Comment

Always liked Ersan Ilyasova's game but had no idea he was that much of a beast on the boards.... Impressive!
              Last edited by RAPresenting; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                His averaging 7.8 rebs in 19.4 mins last five games. I don't think the "numbers don't tell the whole story thing" apply to rebounding
                The only guys in the league averaging 10 rebounds per game are Dwight Howard, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum, DeMarcus Cousins, Kris Humphries, Blake Griffin, and Pau Gasol. I do not think Ed Davis is in the class of any of those players.

A five game stretch is easy to manipulate the numbers with one big game. ED had a game with 14 rebounds in one of those games. Take out the one big game and suddently he is averaging 6.4 rebounds over 4 games.

Takes a look through his game log in March. Rebounds in each game: 3, 12, 7, 2, 5, 10, 4, 3, 2, 12, 9, 1, 7, 4, 4, 8, 1. He has 10 of 17 games with 5 rebounds or less.

An NBA season is 82 games (or 66 this year) - not 5 games.

We'll have to agree to disagree but I stand by the assertion I made in another thread that ED is nothing more than a solid back up who can put up some crazy numbers every 3rd game or so.

Comment

don't call it a comeback!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I love that ED has backed me up in this discussion. E. Davis 11 Pts, 10 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk in 16 mins. I rest my case.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Ed Davis with great production in 16 minutes.

Comment

The only guys in the league averaging 10 rebounds per game are Dwight Howard, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum, DeMarcus Cousins, Kris Humphries, Blake Griffin, and Pau Gasol. I do not think Ed Davis is in the class of any of those players.

A five game stretch is easy to manipulate the numbers with one big game. ED had a game with 14 rebounds in one of those games. Take out the one big game and suddently he is averaging 6.4 rebounds over 4 games.

Takes a look through his game log in March. Rebounds in each game: 3, 12, 7, 2, 5, 10, 4, 3, 2, 12, 9, 1, 7, 4, 4, 8, 1. He has 10 of 17 games with 5 rebounds or less.

An NBA season is 82 games (or 66 this year) - not 5 games.

We'll have to agree to disagree but I stand by the assertion I made in another thread that ED is nothing more than a solid back up who can put up some crazy numbers every 3rd game or so.
                        How many minutes is he averaging in March?

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I love that ED has backed me up in this discussion. E. Davis 11 Pts, 10 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk in 16 mins. I rest my case.
                          On one game? Alright.

Let me know when the NBA goes from 82 game seasons to 1. Wasn't your claim he can be a 10-10 guy? When I read that I assumed it was over 82 games - not 1.

Considering out of approximately 450 NBA players only 7 (or 1.55%) average over 10 rebounds per game and only 28 of 450 (or 6.22%) average over 8 rebounds per game - I rest my case.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree. But for what it is worth, I'd really.... I mean REALLY.... love to be wrong.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i don't care for points from ed. i want 10 rebounds per 30. if we extrapolate(thanks spell checker) to 30 from the bench guys i think it is fine. him and amir should be competing for the right to hustle and get garbage points, the rest of this season. i really think it is coming down to whoever gives the best return on draft night with these two.

all ed needs is one or 2 low post moves, right now he has the hook, so that on nights when he does seem to have the hot hand he can maybe chip in the odd 10 point plus game. just run the floor, block a shot or two, box out and grab boards.
                            there is no contest between amir and ed... amir has 100% more hustle, he rebounds, blocks, and can score around the bucket under duress, not to mention he has a face up game too.. we dont need ed.. imo his only value to us is if we can use him in a trade for a good return

Comment

brutal
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                How many minutes is he averaging in March?

So if my math is correct, he'd need to average 39.27 minutes per game to get his 10 rebounds per game based on those 17 games in March.

Comment

Working...
                                X