April 9- Indiana Pacers - Barbosa Reunion Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Amir is anything but consistent he was on a huge slump the last string of games. Also Ed averages similar numbers in less time, he averages 7 points, 7 rebounds and a block the past 2 seasons combined. Amir averages 6ppg,5 rpg and 1 block and he hasn't really improved much. Amir was a scrub in Detroit until we traded for him and gave him an opportunity, Ed in just 2 years is already putting up better numbers. Ed has "hustle" and "energy" he has also made some great plays this year and IMO he's better for us moving forward. He's also much more agile in the post and he has longer arms, Amir is robotic in the post and he is playing out of position here.
    Do u watch the games or do u look at stat sheets and manipulate numbers and dates to make ur point? the last few sentences u put together are completely false imo and almost laughable, ed looks far from agile to me.. especially compared to amir.. but we can agree to disagree and just have to see what happens.. hopefully it works out for the best for the raptors sake.

Comment

Amir is anything but consistent he was on a huge slump the last string of games. Also Ed averages similar numbers in less time, he averages 7 points, 7 rebounds and a block the past 2 seasons combined. Amir averages 6ppg,5 rpg and 1 block and he hasn't really improved much. Amir was a scrub in Detroit until we traded for him and gave him an opportunity, Ed in just 2 years is already putting up better numbers. Ed has "hustle" and "energy" he has also made some great plays this year and IMO he's better for us moving forward.He's also much more agile in the post and he has longer arms, Amir is robotic in the post and he is playing out of position here.

Amir is way more agile but, feel like ED is the better post defender and better timing as shot blocker. I think that's why Casey give Amir more minutes. His a way better hedger on screens. Hedging screens are a big part of Casey's defensive schemes. Just the way Casey talks about ED in interview, you can see that he believes in ED's potential
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
        Do u watch the games or do u look at stat sheets and manipulate numbers and dates to make ur point? the last few sentences u put together are completely false imo and almost laughable, ed looks far from agile to me.. especially compared to amir.. but we can agree to disagree and just have to see what happens.. hopefully it works out for the best for the raptors sake.
        Amir moves like he's always injured and he is far from agile. He is literally like a robot when he gets the ball in the post, Ed is much more agile than amir IN THE POST. I don't think you watch the games at all, i've watched every game this season and amir has not improved at all. He is still the same player he was with no post moves except 1 robot hook shot he uses. I'm not manipulating numbers go search up Their stats on espn. I think the points you bring up are much more laughable than any of what i just said. Amir is never going to help you win he is just a solid bench player that can be replaced easily

Comment

I personally don't think it's worth much trouble arguing over Ed vs. Amir. They're both backup bigs who lack strength, and lack offensive polish. I don't see either one ever morphing into a starting PF playing 35 mpg.

If I had to choose however, I would stick with Amir. I find he works harder, makes better decisions, and in general, is much more fundamentally sound compared to Ed. Plus Ed would be more marketable being on a rookie-scale contract, and coming with false hope in the form of "potential".

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I personally don't think it's worth much trouble arguing over Ed vs. Amir. They're both backup bigs who lack strength, and lack offensive polish. I don't see either one ever morphing into a starting PF playing 35 mpg.

If I had to choose however, I would stick with Amir. I find he works harder, makes better decisions, and in general, is much more fundamentally sound compared to Ed. Plus Ed would be more marketable being on a rookie-scale contract, and coming with false hope in the form of "potential".
            Nailed it.

Comment

in toally unrealted, but, more exciting news.

jays game's on!
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Jonsey: "Ed you seem to be getting comfortable with your move on your right shoulder into your left hand.."

Ed Davis: "Yeah i been doin it my whole career so.. you know.. every team knows im goin left or whatever so.. im just gonna keep doin it or whatever.."

LMAO guy doesnt even WANT to develop

Comment

He's probably thinking he is still at NC State and the opponents are all 5.5. I like the "whatever"!! LOL. I am assuming you actually heard this?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    He's probably thinking he is still at NC State and the opponents are all 5.5. I like the "whatever"!! LOL. I am assuming you actually heard this?
                    lol yes here is the link, its the only ed davis video on there i think.. from april 9.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/

Comment

keep ripping him but he is putting up better numbers than the garbage man amir johnson. And i guarantee he will have a much much better career. I also love how you bring up not wanting to develop when the kid hasn't even had 1 full summer to work on his weaknesses. He has also had 2 different coaches in 2 seasons. He off the ground extremely quickly and if he adds muscle and a short to mid range jumper, watch out cause we're lookin at an Antonio Davis type player

Comment

keep ripping him but he is putting up better numbers than the garbage man amir johnson. And i guarantee he will have a much much better career. I also love how you bring up not wanting to develop when the kid hasn't even had 1 full summer to work on his weaknesses. He has also had 2 different coaches in 2 seasons. He off the ground extremely quickly and if he adds muscle and a short to mid range jumper, watch out cause we're lookin at an Antonio Davis type player
                        lol well lets hope

Comment

last nights game shows what he can do. No plays draw up for him and he still scored double digits and had a sweet dunk from almost the free throw line. Insane athleticism

Comment

Working...
                          X