Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kleiza: moving forward

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Synergy stats:

Both James Johnson and Linas Kleiza score 0,89 points per possession.

On defense Johnson allows 0,92 points per possession, Kleiza allows 0,75 points per possession (on 29,7% scoring).

Surprised me.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Synergy stats:

On defense Johnson allows 0,92 points per possession, Kleiza allows 0,75 points per possession (on 29,7% scoring).

Surprised me.
    Wow, that surprised me too.

I looked at 82games.com (numbers through April 1st) to see OppPER and on/off point differentials:

player/OppPER/on,off

JJ/13.4/-4.0,-3.8
    LK/13.6/-0.6,-5.5

This has shocked me. I am shaken. It feels like everything I thought I knew was a total lie.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, we had this debate pre-season and again I was one of the only ones defending him. His shooting attrocious? Not, in the least just wildly inconsistent.

At 4.5 million per season and an 8/9 depth player on this team, is there an 8/9 depth player anywhere else in this league that you'd rather have? He brings toughness, scoring and versatility is there anything else you want in a depth player?

Amir and Kleiza are solid second unit players and are playing like solid second unit players. Our problem is our starters.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Wow, we had this debate pre-season and again I was one of the only ones defending him. His shooting attrocious? Not, in the least just wildly inconsistent.

At 4.5 million per season and an 8/9 depth player on this team, is there an 8/9 depth player anywhere else in this league that you'd rather have? He brings toughness, scoring and versatility is there anything else you want in a depth player?

Amir and Kleiza are solid second unit players and are playing like solid second unit players. Our problem is our starters.
    For the record, I've always been a Kleiza fan.

I was just surprised his defense - at least statistically - was anywhere on par with JJ. I guess it goes to show how the highlight blocks can heavily influence perception.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    For the record, I've always been a Kleiza fan.

I was just surprised his defense - at least statistically - was anywhere on par with JJ. I guess it goes to show how the highlight blocks can heavily influence perception.
    I was in the "team passing him by during his injury" group. have enjoyed his good games this year and agree with what you said earlier that a player who on some nights can come in and score like he can is the kind of bench players we should be looking for. A few steady, know what your getting every night and then 2 players like lk who if one is on you ride him off the bench and if it's the other you ride him.

Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza does not have a weak beard. It's pretty narley actually.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's the consensus?

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    So what's the consensus?
    Ha, good question...

I don't know, I'm probably withholding from commenting until I got some time during the summer to do some analyzing with synergy video at hand. If the developments on the team (contract situations) are still making this relevent I'll probably do this and post my results (and opinions). Now, I, for one, am neutral.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    Perhaps you meant "Career averages"

I like Kleiza as bench player too - for the right pieces trade him. But I don't see such trade opportunity coming. I am completely against using the amnesty on him. I just don't think it makes much sense.
    Nope. His career averages are much worse -- 8.7 points and 3.6 rebounds. $5M per for this.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Synergy stats:

Surprised me.
    whoa. but then we are comparing him to JJ. How does he compare to a decent starter in the league?

He may be worth keeping if we cannot fill in the 3 spot with better talent. The two things I have against him is his contract and his selfishness.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    whoa. but then we are comparing him to JJ. How does he compare to a decent starter in the league?

He may be worth keeping if we cannot fill in the 3 spot with better talent. The two things I have against him is his contract and his selfishness.
    Selfish? Um, no his role is to score off the bench, if he was selfish Casey wouldn't play him 15+ minutes a night. Why compare him to a starter when he isn't a starter.

And at ebrian what's wrong with his career averages? They seem fine considering his role and 4.5-5 million is back-up money not starters money, the dude isn't overpaid.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Thread Information