No announcement yet.

Kleiza: moving forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we definitely keep him. I mean come on guys, he's coming back from pretty much a career ending injury and without any proper physical preparation into the middle of this lock-out compressed season!!! You know the normal NBA season schedule is insane, but what players go through this year I can't even imagine... and you know it if you ever played at least semi-professional sports in your life. I mean 2 games a week is already difficult in a long run when you play 25 + minutes a game (with all the practice and training during the week), but playing 4-5 games a week on NBA level while back from an injury with no preparation?? What can you expect from a guy?

Inconsistency is expected in that case. I think under the circumstances he's doing very well. With a full preparation before next season, he should be able to put up some nice and consistent numbers.

Also there is that JV factor, which was mentioned by many others.

Comment

Kleiza with a training camp a summer to heal after playing, and a regular season that is back to normal will be our starting small forward next season and Average 16pts and 6 boards a game in 33 - 35 minutes. You can take that to the bank.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

How is he getting 33-35 minutes next season? That's around 10MPG more than Amir Johnson is getting this season. What about JJ and the 2012 lotto selection(most likely a wing)?

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          Kleiza with a training camp a summer to heal after playing, and a regular season that is back to normal will be our starting small forward next season and Average 16pts and 6 boards a game in 33 - 35 minutes. You can take that to the bank.

... and have the receptionist piss her pants laughing at you.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I say keep him ... He hasn't been fully healthy for long, since that insane run with Lithuania where he led them to bronze.

Not interested in having him as the stating SF, but he is a great bench option at both forward positions - and sure, he would also be great for Jonas ... but you can't have a roster position dedicated to all the young players to make them comfortable, european or not.

The goal is winning, and if trading or amnestying Kleiza makes us that much better - i'm all for it ... but I see him staying, and acting as a nice wing addition off the bench.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

He IS similar to JJ in a lot of ways ... SF with ability to play PF ... not an elite level talent, but serviceable in many ways.

But even with, let's say, three new pieces coming in next year - maybe none of them are a SF.

Could be: 1 big (Jonas), draft a SG (Beal), sign a PG (Nash?) ... that still leaves room for both SF's in the rotation.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Eh, I've said it before that I am not a big Kleiza fan. I'd amnesty him in a heartbeat...I appreciate what he brings to the team with his swagger, but I don't like his game

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  How is he getting 33-35 minutes next season? That's around 10MPG more than Amir Johnson is getting this season. What about JJ and the 2012 lotto selection(most likely a wing)?
                  trade JJ and draft a PG problem solved
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Raise your hand if you have come back from catastrophic knee surgery and than played at an NBA level after 8 months.

Kleiza has a fire in him. I would like to see him a full season and a summer removed from surgery with starter's minutes.
                    He plays with an attitude he seems to love playing in clutch moments, and his ability to post up smaller people and pull out the bigger ones is crucial in an offense where DeMar can't do that

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      trade JJ and draft a PG problem solved
                      I don't think Kleiza is so important that they build their off-season around him... Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        After Bargnani, DeRozan and Calderon, LK is the best scorer on the current roster and can go inside or out to get points. Generally he has a size advantage against opposing SF's which is why his back down move into a jump floater/hook is relatively successful.
                        Um, excuse me? He can go inside for points, can he? For every shot he makes inside, he does TWO of the following things, sometimes simultaneously: travels, throws up a brick or an airball, commits a charge, oh, and did I mention the part about travelling? I remember the very first game he played this year after his offseason rehab: he took a pass and exploded down the lane for a dunk. Know why I remember this? Because it was the last time he's done it. If not for the contract, he'd be a nice guy to have on the bench, for the reasons many of you have stated. I'm amnesty him in a heartbeat, though, if BC needs the space for a nice acquisition.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Is anyone else underwhelmed with Kleiza? He's been wildly inconsistent, with fewer good games than bad it seems. His 3pt shooting is actually atrocious.

The only problem is he has those games where he just explodes and makes you question everything. He's like a whiny girlfriend with a insane rack you don't know who to part with.
                          What you said remind me of the rest of the team.

Comment

I think Kleiza is a 100% keeper, I love him as the backup sf off the bench
                            When you watch him play with Lithuania he is a completely different player and shines, so the potential is there
                            I really think bringing in Jonas to pair with him would be great and their euro styles will work well together
                            i wouldnt be suprised if we saw many Kleiza 2 Jonas connections next year
                            plus he is making less than 5 mill a year which is a bargain for any bench player

bring back Sonny Weems + Jonas and Kleiza and we got team Lithuania Light right there

Comment

You have to consider that this Raptors team is not full of superstars. So in order to succeed in the long term you will need to have a deep roster full of options and players who could step into the court and be ready I think this Raptors team will have a different leading scorer in every night. Sometimes It'll be Demar, others Andre, Jose, or Jonas.
                              Kleiza is a solid back up, a nice scoring option off the bench when the starters are cold. With that being said, he's very similar to JJ in many areas. Both are big and strong SF who can play PF but not consistenly.
                              It'll all come down to this offseason. If the Raps can draft MKG or sign Batum, one of JJ or Kleiza will have to go. To be honest, this team needs a starting SF and none of JJ or Kleiza are a good fit.

Comment

bust2gust wrote: View Post
                                I think Kleiza is a 100% keeper, I love him as the backup sf off the bench
                                When you watch him play with Lithuania he is a completely different player and shines, so the potential is there
                                I really think bringing in Jonas to pair with him would be great and their euro styles will work well together
                                i wouldnt be suprised if we saw many Kleiza 2 Jonas connections next year
                                plus he is making less than 5 mill a year which is a bargain for any bench player

bring back Sonny Weems + Jonas and Kleiza and we got team Lithuania Light right there
                                i am a big fan of multiple position bench players. i would personally like one pg to send in off the bench with a player who can play both wings and another who can 3/4 and a big. after that fill with situational matchup players. in that respect i am happy with klieza staying with the team and coming off the bench at the 3/4 but he would be behind both jj and ed/amir at those positions for me.

forgot to add sonny is a don't want. really soured on his passive aggressive bff tweets at the start of the year. depth player given a shot and grew a large head for what he really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X