Turk:"From now on I can guarantee I'll play as hard as I can"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turk:"From now on I can guarantee I'll play as hard as I can"

Here's a good interview with Paul Jones and Hedo from before last nights game against the Bucks. It's obvious he knows he has to step his game up in order for the team to have success.

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...20_193312_8400

@ 4:30 "even if my shots not going, I can't be head down, looking like I'm not into it"
    Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu Jan 21, 2010, 06:10 PM.

...Signing a $50M+ contract wasn't enough for him to immediately take that sort of attitude from the beginning of the season?

Comment

He was waiting till now to put in 100% effort? Players like this never actually play like fans wan them, he's a coaster and why would you blame him...guaranteed contracts have sucked the life out of pro sports.

Comment

he said this before the bucks game? ... in addition to being out of shape, it looks like his memory is failing, as he dogged it for the last few minutes of the game - which significantly contributed to the loss

Comment

Arsenalist...

with that comment in mind about guaranteed contracts, are you a fan of them being dropped from the next CBA? Do you think Stern will push hard enough to remove guaranteed contracts from the NBA given the Arenas situation?

I myself would like to see them removed with more incentive laden contracts as a replacement. Dangle that carrot out there to get them to put the effort in after they sign the dotted line.

Comment

Non-guaranteed contracts will require a long drawn out strike. The NFL uses it to cut injured players and walk away from the league's obligations - they are scum.

If the NBA holds out for that, I'll go back to just watching Canadian College hoops!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Hedo's effort levels have been consistent throughout his career and they're not going to change.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Comment

lol finally. Took him long enough to say this :eyeroll:
                  Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Talk is cheap. I'll reserve judgement until Hedo can back up his words.
                    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

The amount of publicity he got from the Pizza Pizza comerical has gone way to his head.....

Comment

Didn't he win an Oscar for that performance?

Comment

That must explain why he thinks he's Jesus on the court. Sorry Turk go polish your Oscar then come back and play 100%.... only if you feel like it though

Comment

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
                            Talk is cheap. I'll reserve judgement until Hedo can back up his words.
                            I fully agree. If this was the interview before the Bucks game, why did he look like he was putting 100% effort into being lazy?

I'll believe him when I see him start putting in some legitimate effort. It seems like it's all PR related. He was probably told to say this by his agent or the Raptors' PR team. Gotta get his image cleaned up for the fans to believe he's worth the money we're paying him.

Comment

Working...
                            X