Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really Rebuilding?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    one thing cut it out with this fuckin bullshit excuse about no camp.

i'll tell you why because the 16 god damn teams making the playoffs, their coaches had no camp either. so, don't feed me this bullshit like it's some disadvantage they have over the other 29 teams and that's why they're shit.

please, just stop... JUST FUCKING STOP!!!
    But most of those coaches have been there and done that. Playoffs is nothing new for them, Dwane casey is in his first season with a roster full of unproven youngsters, give DC a summer and you'll be happy with the outcome next season. I also love the idea of getting a tough Vet who can actually play and contribute(no offense to Big Cat). Elton Brand sounds good

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I disagree.

Has Bargnani not been benched at times? Has he not been called out at times? Has he not actually played decent defense?

Has James Johnson not been shown who is boss?

Has DeMar not been called out?

Has Ed Davis not been called out?

Has Amir not seen him minutes cut for dogging it?

Has Gray not been yanked at times for ineffective play?

Did the Raptors not go to 14th in Opp PPG and 17th in defensive rating this season compared to 26th and 30th last year with pretty much the same roster?

Honestly I can't see how anyone could not see the changes in the Raptors on and off the court this year. There is a very fine line with professional athletes regarding how hard they can be pushed before they tune out. The fact the Raptors have 10 games left and are still competing in games and refusing to get blown out (minus a 24-0 run against OKC) shows incredible improvement from recent years past.
    Essentially - Casey has done everything right so far.

but what about BC's decisions? mistake after mistake every time.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Essentially - Casey has done everything right so far.

but what about BC's decisions? mistake after mistake every time.
    Got Casey, drafted JV, fielded a team that will land a pick in the 3-7 range, put the Raptors in a position to have around 8 million for free agency next summer, and all done within the last 10 months. Other than that, he's done nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Got Casey, drafted JV, fielded a team that will land a pick in the 3-7 range, put the Raptors in a position to have around 8 million for free agency next summer, and all done within the last 10 months. Other than that, he's done nothing.
    +1 BC has made some good moves. Shows that he is one of the top GM's in the league

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll tell you why because the 16 god damn teams making the playoffs, their coaches had no camp either. so, don't feed me this bullshit like it's some disadvantage they have over the other 29 teams and that's why they're shit.

Huh? How many of the 16 teams making the playoffs have a new coach (incl some assts.), are in a stated rebuild mode and had their first round draft choice not available for the year?

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can the haters just relax until the offseason, and a few games into next season? No coach would have been able to take this current roster and made them a playoff team in one season... Casey has been doing a great job so far and you can only believe that he will do even better next year with more talented players. SO just please calm down with all these negative mentalities until he and BC can prove themselves this offseason and next season.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://tsn.ca/nba/standings/?show=conference
    http://espn.go.com/nba/bracket

aside from new orleans getting rid of paul and portland impoding all the same teams from last year are in the playoffs. take the lakers fro example and i think they are a better team than their current record shows but of the play off teams they are the only ones who made any system changes and it is reflected in their current standings.

for teams who changed their system no training camp definitely affects the product on the court. that is 1 month of learning. if you go to math class for a year, you know a little math and might pass the exam but you will be no where near as good as the kids who cram for a month before the test.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Coach we've ever had?

here's a question for yall. Is Dwane Casey the best coach in franchise history?

Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Tue Apr 10th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Yup lol

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    A little early to be asking this maybe? Butch Carter, Sam Mitchell and Lenny Wilkens may be reading. Let's not go there yet.

Post Thanks / Like

i'll tell you one thing. He's got the sweetest watch out of all the coaches we've had

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    A little early to be asking this maybe? Butch Carter, Sam Mitchell and Lenny Wilkens may be reading. Let's not go there yet.
    But i dont think any of them made such a big impact in one season. On top of that this was a lockout shortened season with almost no training camp. IMO if you gave Dwane casey the team we had in 2009 - 2010 we would have had 50 wins

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Butch Carter went from 16-66 in 97-98 to 23-27 in the next season(Lockout shortened). Not too shabby? Also, the following season he went 45-37 and put us in the playoffs for the first time.

20-38 is hardly such an impact. He's made our defense better sure, but so did Kevin O'Neill. All I'm saying it's way to premature to even talk about.

Post Thanks / Like

Butch is one of my favorites but Sam Mitchell gets my vote because of Butch didn't really last long and how he went out was baaaad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Huh? How many of the 16 teams making the playoffs have a new coach (incl some assts.), are in a stated rebuild mode and had their first round draft choice not available for the year?
    meant to quote the other guy. but, w/e.

no if ands, or buts.

i'd continue to argue. but, i'll just focus on the raps.

you guys honestly think we'd be any better off if we had camp and all that?

How many practices, lectures, and games have happened now?

we're still losing more games than winning, we still suck, guys still make bonehead moves. If guys don't get the system by now, something's wrong.

we did have a brief camp and pre-season, and you learn on the job, you have practices...

I'd understand if you were using this excuse 10 games in, mid-december.

but, there are 8 games left, it's mid-april. that excuse is pure bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like

They played near .500 ball through March and they are .500 in April. They have been improving.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This post is beyond retarded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They played near .500 ball through March and they are .500 in April. They have been improving.
    so, then that pretty much removes the no training camp excuse. it is quite pathetic to be talking about training camp when we're a week away from playoffs.

i wish the nba did the draft lottery like the nhl. straight after the reg season. just way easier to get it out of the way. plus, it would give some optimism for clubs like the raps. i hope it's brung up in the next gm meeting.

then we wouldn't be talking about silly tgings like training camp in mid freakin april.

Post Thanks / Like

No it doesn't remove the fact that Casey had hardly no time in implement a system and philosophy far different than the Players saw the year before. He's only been with the team for less than three month. He was hired in June. He missed out on five months of time he could have been using to get the team ready to play.

All you have to bring to the table in this discussion is profanities and statements which attempt to put down the opposing side. Why don't you argue the topic? No need to troll. There's no need to curse and put people down, calling them pathetic. Have some respect.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Colangelo drafts the best player available and as stated many times by he himself, Bargnani was the best player available in his opinion.

Lack of results doesn't equate to lack of effort or good intentions. Colangelo himself said many times that he was building around Bosh. He's not saying that about Bargnani.

Prove it.

Because he's the most talented player on the team and it's blatantly obvious his talents are better suited to the 4.

I agree but that's not how life works. Colangelo is a guy trying to secure his job long term. He has to deal with politics and perceptions for example.
    Good points definitely.

1) If BC drafts the bpa and he thought Andrea was a better PF prospect than Aldridge, he needs to fire his scouting staff and mybe he should also take step back from talent evaluation. I am beginning to think the same about his selection of Demar

2) I agree that lack of results doesn't signify lack of intentions but I have also listened to Colangelo long enough to know what he says should be taken with a grain of salt at times as he is a salesman. Just because he has said something or hasn't said something, doesn't make it so.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information