Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Are we really Rebuilding?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Bryan Colangelo.

You really think we drafted him 13th overall to be a bench player? C'mon now.
    OJ Mayo was drafted 3rd and is a bench player. Evan Turner was drafted number 2 and is coming off the bench. Jimmer Fredette was a highly hyped rookie drafted at 10th and barely playing. Ekpe Udoh was drafted 7th and is coming off the bench.

Anyone could be drafted anywhere and end up being terrible. You could draft anywhere and have an amazing player. Ed Davis was a draft steal, but it wasn't like he was our future at the power forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I remember hearing Ed Davis being a steal in the draft, but nothing more than that.
    Well, i'm telling you those words came out of Colangelo's mouth.

Also, I can clearly tell when someone is fucking with me. So stop. I realize it's because you took it's because you think I'm an asshole and you want to return the favour.

Truth is I'm just expressing my views like everyone else. It's not just me being an asshole.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, i'm telling you those words came out of Colangelo's mouth.

Also, I can clearly tell when someone is fucking with me. So stop. I realize it's because you took it's because you think I'm an asshole and you want to return the favour.

Truth is I'm just expressing my views like everyone else. It's not just me being an asshole.
    Well you seem to be the only one saying Bryan Colangelo was expecting Ed Davis to be a future player at the PF.

And I understand that you're expressing your views. So am I.... All I heard from Bryan Colangelo was he was a steal in the draft, and that he was going to be a good player down the road. Nothing of him being our future.

There are a lot of ass holes on this forum, I mean how many people on a forum aren't? I have no such feelings about an individual, I don't know you personally, so who am I to judge?

Post Thanks / Like

Well you seem to be the only one saying Bryan Colangelo was expecting Ed Davis to be a future player at the PF.

And I understand that you're expressing your views. So am I.... All I heard from Bryan Colangelo was he was a steal in the draft, and that he was going to be a good player down the road. Nothing of him being our future.

There are a lot of ass holes on this forum, I mean how many people on a forum aren't? I have no such feelings about an individual, I don't know you personally, so who am I to judge?
    Fair enough.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't take it personally.

Why do people keep holding such high hopes for Davis, including his coach, if he wasn't expected to be a future starter in this league?

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't take it personally.

Why do people keep holding such high hopes for Davis, including his coach, if he wasn't expected to be a future starter in this league?
    No no. I like everyone on this forum no matter what the attitude or outlook.

I'm not high on Davis, but I like him.

I think it's because of the expectations of his potential. If he gets stronger, develops a more consistent jumper, works in the post, he'll be a very solid power forward in this league. But, I think he's had two off-seasons either with no training camp, or a full one at that. No off-season to work with due to injury and lock-out. He's had a lot of downsides starting his career.

I think we can finally get a good look with a more experienced Ed with a full training camp. A full off-season to work on individual game with coaches. A full 82 game NBA season.

That's when I think we can really talk about his future on the team IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

No no. I like everyone on this forum no matter what the attitude or outlook.

I'm not high on Davis, but I like him.

I think it's because of the expectations of his potential. If he gets stronger, develops a more consistent jumper, works in the post, he'll be a very solid power forward in this league. But, I think he's had two off-seasons either with no training camp, or a full one at that. No off-season to work with due to injury and lock-out. He's had a lot of downsides starting his career.

I think we can finally get a good look with a more experienced Ed with a full training camp. A full off-season to work on individual game with coaches. A full 82 game NBA season.

That's when I think we can really talk about his future on the team IMO.
    Alright, because I really thought I was gettimg to you.

Thank goodness you wrote IMO because I was beggining to think you were expressing someone else's opinion.

Yes, that's my asshole talking.

I just don't see why if Bargnani is expected to be the starting power forward for quite some time. Why a) people are expecting so much from Davis or wanting rather than xpecting. And b) why he's hangin around.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, because I really thought I was gettimg to you.

Thank goodness you wrote IMO because I was beggining to think you were expressing someone else's opinion.

Yes, that's my asshole talking.

I just don't see why if Bargnani is expected to be the starting power forward for quite some time. Why a) people are expecting so much from Davis or wanting rather than xpecting. And b) why he's hangin around.
    LOL.

Because we've gotten a better player in Amir coming off the bench, and with his potential, we expect better in Ed, not Amir. Again, IMO. But I believe I can speak for others as well because there's been continued discussion on who to take whether it's Ed, Amir, or neither.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm in the neither.

I like them both. But, I'm not sure if you we're around at the time. There was this guy last year, Buddahfan, who was #1 in the Amir fan club any stat or w/e he could find where Amir was better than a starter. He'd post it. Really put me off Amir, but, some of it was quite interesting.

Couldn't imagine how nuts he's been this year. Anyways, really made me start to like Davis. But, having not watched any games and reading all the back and forth, I can say unbiasly, sort of, that it seems to me neither are really needed.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, we have to remember that when Davis was drafted, Bosh was on his way out of town, and Bargnani was still playing centre. We didn't have anyone penciled in as the "starting PF" when Colangelo chose Davis.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Is this thread about assholes or ed davis?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Is this thread about assholes or ed davis?
    Ed Davis' Asshole,maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Guys, we have to remember that when Davis was drafted, Bosh was on his way out of town, and Bargnani was still playing centre. We didn't have anyone penciled in as the "starting PF" when Colangelo chose Davis.
    That's what I was trying to convey.

You seemed to have a way easier time than me at doing it, however.

haha.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was trying to convey.

You seemed to have a way easier time than me at doing it, however.

haha.
    Bosh clearly wasn't on the way out. They just didn't know. I guess you guys are right, but I just remember hearing he was the best player available to draft, and dropped fairly low.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh clearly wasn't on the way out. They just didn't know. I guess you guys are right, but I just remember hearing he was the best player available to draft, and dropped fairly low.
    He was the best player available. But he also filled a need (at the time). At the very least, he was a contingency plan in case Bosh left.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He was the best player available. But he also filled a need (at the time). At the very least, he was a contingency plan in case Bosh left.
    Well, in a year where Amir Johnson was on the first year of his big contract, and Ed Davis from the draft being injured, Reggie Evans started as the power forward. And it seemed when Amir got his time, and Ed came back from injury, it was like Reggie Evans was our Bosh as the time, of course in terms of rebounding and how much impact he brought to the team.

Remember at one point where people were saying if Reggie didn't go down with the injury, we'd be inside looking deeper. Not outside looking in.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information