Are we really Rebuilding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    But you can't generalize like that and say that He has to be acting a certain way now because thats what successful people do. Sometimes it takes something for a person to click and realize the things that he needs to do be successful. Davis is just trying to do what has made him successful in college and seeing if it will translate.
    Once he gets some more experience, and a consistent role with the team, he will be a great player.

Mark my words, if we lump him in with all the other crap players we have had and ship him off we will regret it.
    I know, i'm really high of Davis. I think he can be a solid starter and an above average bench player, that's why i always compare him to Antonio Davis. That is his ceiling imo which is actually really good

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      I know, i'm really high of Davis. I think he can be a solid starter and an above average bench player, that's why i always compare him to Antonio Davis. That is his ceiling imo which is actually really good
      I would agree with you. But if you remember, Antonio brought it every night, no matter what. And, like Amir, he was constantly up against bigger centers almost every night. There don\t seem to be those big beefy centers starting for teams anymore.

Ed Davis could get to Antonio's level, but he would have to decide to work. That is pretty much my point.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        ...do you think last year Julian Wright thought he would be out of the league this year?
        There are a number of players in this league who should type that out in 72pt type and then print it and tape it to their bathroom mirror.

Comment

Why the hell is Davis on the team, If Bargnaniis going to be the starting pf from here on out?

Should have been moved already i'd be dumbfounded if he were not traded this offseason.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            Why the hell is Davis on the team, If Bargnaniis going to be the starting pf from here on out?

Should have been moved already i'd be dumbfounded if he were not traded this offseason.
            Who said Davis should be a starter?

Comment

+1
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

While he was drafted to be the future starting PF.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  While he was drafted to be the future starting PF.
                  Again who said that?

Comment

Again who said that?
                    Bryan Colangelo.

You really think we drafted him 13th overall to be a bench player? C'mon now.

Comment

• I remember hearing Ed Davis being a steal in the draft, but nothing more than that.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        Bryan Colangelo.

You really think we drafted him 13th overall to be a bench player? C'mon now.
                        OJ Mayo was drafted 3rd and is a bench player. Evan Turner was drafted number 2 and is coming off the bench. Jimmer Fredette was a highly hyped rookie drafted at 10th and barely playing. Ekpe Udoh was drafted 7th and is coming off the bench.

Anyone could be drafted anywhere and end up being terrible. You could draft anywhere and have an amazing player. Ed Davis was a draft steal, but it wasn't like he was our future at the power forward.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          I remember hearing Ed Davis being a steal in the draft, but nothing more than that.
                          Well, i'm telling you those words came out of Colangelo's mouth.

Also, I can clearly tell when someone is fucking with me. So stop. I realize it's because you took it's because you think I'm an asshole and you want to return the favour.

Truth is I'm just expressing my views like everyone else. It's not just me being an asshole.

Comment

Well, i'm telling you those words came out of Colangelo's mouth.

Also, I can clearly tell when someone is fucking with me. So stop. I realize it's because you took it's because you think I'm an asshole and you want to return the favour.

Truth is I'm just expressing my views like everyone else. It's not just me being an asshole.
                            Well you seem to be the only one saying Bryan Colangelo was expecting Ed Davis to be a future player at the PF.

And I understand that you're expressing your views. So am I.... All I heard from Bryan Colangelo was he was a steal in the draft, and that he was going to be a good player down the road. Nothing of him being our future.

There are a lot of ass holes on this forum, I mean how many people on a forum aren't? I have no such feelings about an individual, I don't know you personally, so who am I to judge?

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Well you seem to be the only one saying Bryan Colangelo was expecting Ed Davis to be a future player at the PF.

And I understand that you're expressing your views. So am I.... All I heard from Bryan Colangelo was he was a steal in the draft, and that he was going to be a good player down the road. Nothing of him being our future.

There are a lot of ass holes on this forum, I mean how many people on a forum aren't? I have no such feelings about an individual, I don't know you personally, so who am I to judge?
                              Fair enough.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't take it personally.

Why do people keep holding such high hopes for Davis, including his coach, if he wasn't expected to be a future starter in this league?

Comment

Fair enough.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't take it personally.

Why do people keep holding such high hopes for Davis, including his coach, if he wasn't expected to be a future starter in this league?
                                No no. I like everyone on this forum no matter what the attitude or outlook.

I'm not high on Davis, but I like him.

I think it's because of the expectations of his potential. If he gets stronger, develops a more consistent jumper, works in the post, he'll be a very solid power forward in this league. But, I think he's had two off-seasons either with no training camp, or a full one at that. No off-season to work with due to injury and lock-out. He's had a lot of downsides starting his career.

I think we can finally get a good look with a more experienced Ed with a full training camp. A full off-season to work on individual game with coaches. A full 82 game NBA season.

That's when I think we can really talk about his future on the team IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X