Are we really Rebuilding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    No no. I like everyone on this forum no matter what the attitude or outlook.

I'm not high on Davis, but I like him.

I think it's because of the expectations of his potential. If he gets stronger, develops a more consistent jumper, works in the post, he'll be a very solid power forward in this league. But, I think he's had two off-seasons either with no training camp, or a full one at that. No off-season to work with due to injury and lock-out. He's had a lot of downsides starting his career.

I think we can finally get a good look with a more experienced Ed with a full training camp. A full off-season to work on individual game with coaches. A full 82 game NBA season.

That's when I think we can really talk about his future on the team IMO.
    Alright, because I really thought I was gettimg to you.

Thank goodness you wrote IMO because I was beggining to think you were expressing someone else's opinion.

Yes, that's my asshole talking.

I just don't see why if Bargnani is expected to be the starting power forward for quite some time. Why a) people are expecting so much from Davis or wanting rather than xpecting. And b) why he's hangin around.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      Alright, because I really thought I was gettimg to you.

Thank goodness you wrote IMO because I was beggining to think you were expressing someone else's opinion.

Yes, that's my asshole talking.

I just don't see why if Bargnani is expected to be the starting power forward for quite some time. Why a) people are expecting so much from Davis or wanting rather than xpecting. And b) why he's hangin around.
      LOL.

Because we've gotten a better player in Amir coming off the bench, and with his potential, we expect better in Ed, not Amir. Again, IMO. But I believe I can speak for others as well because there's been continued discussion on who to take whether it's Ed, Amir, or neither.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Personally, I'm in the neither.

I like them both. But, I'm not sure if you we're around at the time. There was this guy last year, Buddahfan, who was #1 in the Amir fan club any stat or w/e he could find where Amir was better than a starter. He'd post it. Really put me off Amir, but, some of it was quite interesting.

Couldn't imagine how nuts he's been this year. Anyways, really made me start to like Davis. But, having not watched any games and reading all the back and forth, I can say unbiasly, sort of, that it seems to me neither are really needed.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Guys, we have to remember that when Davis was drafted, Bosh was on his way out of town, and Bargnani was still playing centre. We didn't have anyone penciled in as the "starting PF" when Colangelo chose Davis.

Comment

• Is this thread about assholes or ed davis?
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              Is this thread about assholes or ed davis?
              Ed Davis' Asshole,maybe?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Guys, we have to remember that when Davis was drafted, Bosh was on his way out of town, and Bargnani was still playing centre. We didn't have anyone penciled in as the "starting PF" when Colangelo chose Davis.
                That's what I was trying to convey.

You seemed to have a way easier time than me at doing it, however.

haha.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                  That's what I was trying to convey.

You seemed to have a way easier time than me at doing it, however.

haha.
                  Bosh clearly wasn't on the way out. They just didn't know. I guess you guys are right, but I just remember hearing he was the best player available to draft, and dropped fairly low.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Bosh clearly wasn't on the way out. They just didn't know. I guess you guys are right, but I just remember hearing he was the best player available to draft, and dropped fairly low.
                    He was the best player available. But he also filled a need (at the time). At the very least, he was a contingency plan in case Bosh left.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      He was the best player available. But he also filled a need (at the time). At the very least, he was a contingency plan in case Bosh left.
                      Well, in a year where Amir Johnson was on the first year of his big contract, and Ed Davis from the draft being injured, Reggie Evans started as the power forward. And it seemed when Amir got his time, and Ed came back from injury, it was like Reggie Evans was our Bosh as the time, of course in terms of rebounding and how much impact he brought to the team.

Remember at one point where people were saying if Reggie didn't go down with the injury, we'd be inside looking deeper. Not outside looking in.

Comment

Working...
                      X