The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster

Civilization is in jeopardy but don't rely on the mainstream to tell you that:

“The worse-case scenario drawn up by the government includes not only the collapse of the No. 4 reactor pool, but the disintegration of spent fuel rods from all the plant’s other reactors. If this were to happen, residents in the Tokyo metropolitan area would be forced to evacuate,” according to a Mainichi Daily News editorial by senior writer Takao Yamada which cited defense insiders.

Diplomat Akio Matsumura went further, warning that the collapse of reactor number 4 would “certainly cause a global catastrophe like we have never before experienced,” adding that the 11,138 spent fuel assemblies stored at the Fukushima plant contain “134 million curies is Cesium-137 — roughly 85 times the amount of Cs-137 released at the Chernobyl accident.”

Matsumura chillingly cautioned that should the worst case scenario unfold, the resulting radioactive fallout “would destroy the world environment and our civilization.”
    Source: Infowars.com

"Diplomat Akio Matsumura ...chillingly cautioned that should the worst case scenario unfold, the resulting radioactive fallout 'would destroy the world environment and our civilization.'”

I wouldn't normally comment but I did want to point out that this is a diplomat saying this, not a nuclear physicist. I could just as easily say "Should the worst case scenario occur, and the tornado strike the arsenic plant, just as a summer thunderstorm is happening, and the ensuing up-draft from the thunder-heads carry the total inventory of arsenic into the jet stream and deposit it on New York city, we would be looking at a minimum of 5 million deaths."

Any time someone says “would destroy the world environment and our civilization” and they are not talking about a major asteroid strike, take it with a huge grain of salt.

I would remind you that something like 35 people died at Chernobyl, and another 300 might die in the next 20-30 years from cancers related to the accident. People have died from the accident, but the deaths are about 95% related to stress (brought on by disruption, scare stories in the media and wide spread abuse of alcohol that is resorted to as a solution to stress). All of this info is available in the UN World Heath Association report released on the accident on the 20th year (I believe) anniversary.

Comment

Just give those "APOCALYPSE 2012" people more fear to latch on to...

It is shocking how I have never even heard about this until someone brought it up on a Raptors forum. Mainstream media is lacking hard.

Comment

sounds like someone just finished watching one of those shitty made for tv nuclear disaster movies.

my high school geography teacher could tell you more about what could happen.

I do recall him actually saying that the easterlies or w/e, ocean winds and current may eventually drift to vancouver shores and some people could get sick and die. but, once it reaches ontario, if it does it would be some acid rain at worst.

Really though I think the people that are making these decisions have gone way more in depth than this writer has.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          I wouldn't normally comment but I did want to point out that this is a diplomat saying this, not a nuclear physicist. I could just as easily say "Should the worst case scenario occur, and the tornado strike the arsenic plant, just as a summer thunderstorm is happening, and the ensuing up-draft from the thunder-heads carry the total inventory of arsenic into the jet stream and deposit it on New York city, we would be looking at a minimum of 5 million deaths."
          You could but then again you're not being advised by tornado experts or arsenic plant experts, are you? Do you seriously think a diplomats go around the world talking out of their asses about major global concerns?

Red and White wrote: View Post
          It is shocking how I have never even heard about this until someone brought it up on a Raptors forum. Mainstream media is lacking hard.
          They refuse to cover many stories. If you dig a little deeper you'll see that their lack of coverage is par for the course. They're there to serve a system, not to inform you on everything happening around you.

LBF wrote: View Post
          I do recall him actually saying that the easterlies or w/e, ocean winds and current may eventually drift to vancouver shores and some people could get sick and die. but, once it reaches ontario, if it does it would be some acid rain at worst.
          Radiation from Chernobyl reached B.C.

Radiation from Fukushima reached California a month after the initial explosions. Not sure where B.C. stands on this one. They're probably getting it too. I know I don't want to eat anything coming out of the pacific. They've dumped hundreds of tonnes of radioactive waste into the ocean.

Really though I think the people that are making these decisions have gone way more in depth than this writer has.
          Of course they do and your point being? The writer is referencing people over there in the know by the way. He's not some guy telling us what his high school teacher told him years ago. And there are many, many scientists voicing their concerns about the reactors and the radiation. It's just getting ignored for the most part.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            You could but then again you're not being advised by tornado experts or arsenic plant experts, are you? Do you seriously think a diplomats go around the world talking out of their asses about major global concerns?

They refuse to cover many stories. If you dig a little deeper you'll see that their lack of coverage is par for the course. They're there to serve a system, not to inform you on everything happening around you.

Radiation from Chernobyl reached B.C.

Radiation from Fukushima reached California a month after the initial explosions. Not sure where B.C. stands on this one. They're probably getting it too. I know I don't want to eat anything coming out of the pacific. They've dumped hundreds of tonnes of radioactive waste into the ocean.

Of course they do and your point being? The writer is referencing people over there in the know by the way. He's not some guy telling us what his high school teacher told him years ago. And there are many, many scientists voicing their concerns about the reactors and the radiation. It's just getting ignored for the most part.
            rofl, touche.

it doesn't concern me because there is nothing I can do about it.

then again there isn't a whole lot I can do about a lot of things. I guess I'm just not sure what could be said on this topic.

I guess it doesn't bug me because it's on the other side of the world. If some weird shit starts happening in manitoba as a result then i'm going to be concerned. maybe, even in b.c.

I figure nothing bad from that is going to affect ontario.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

There are things you can do about it. It wouldn't hurt to have a couple weeks supply of this for you and your family:

It's cheap, it'll last forever if not opened and if the situation goes critical you'll have protection against radiation at the body's most susceptible place, the thyroid. Not to mention if the situation goes critical you'll have are hard time buying then(limited quantities and resulting price spike). It might be too late at that point.

Then you need to consider American reactors are just as old and many of them have the same design. There are hazards in our own backyards. I have some potassium iodide in the back of a cupboard we never use and it'll hopefully collect dust there forever but if it's needed I have it. Kelp is another option. Kelp has potassium iodide in it but just make sure it's not coming out of the Pacific or you're being counter productive...

I guess it doesn't bug me because it's on the other side of the world. If some weird shit starts happening in manitoba as a result then i'm going to be concerned. maybe, even in b.c.

I figure nothing bad from that is going to affect ontario.
              Go take a look at the natural path of wind currents. It goes from Japan across the Pacific, down through B.C. and U.S. western seaboard, across the central and pretty much right through Ontario. Ontario is probably getting trace amounts of radiation already. It's a small world.

Anyway, that's my take on this and I'll go back to ball.

Comment

if things start getting bad, I'll have sex with Jenna Talackova.

Comment

Working...
                X