Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Lester Hudson PG

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie badbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Lester Hudson PG

    Wow what a point guard Cleveland picked up for 10 day trial. He signed a second 10 day trial; why couldn't Raptor's find a PG like that to sign for a 10 dayer. He is quick exactly what the Raptor's need is quickness in the back quart!!If Cleveland doesn't sign him long term maybe Toronto should look into this in the off season! Could be a real steal for a back up PG.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote badbob wrote: View Post
    Wow what a point guard Cleveland picked up for 10 day trial. He signed a second 10 day trial; why couldn't Raptor's find a PG like that to sign for a 10 dayer. He is quick exactly what the Raptor's need is quickness in the back quart!!If Cleveland doesn't sign him long term maybe Toronto should look into this in the off season! Could be a real steal for a back up PG.
    I think we have the back up pg pretty well shored up at this point, don't you?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think the Raptors "need" anything right now. Just finish out the season, collect as many losses as possible, continue to evaluate any fringe players for next season, and cross fingers for the draft lottery.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    I think we have the back up pg pretty well shored up at this point, don't you?
    Not a lot of people think that. I don't for one. Haven't seen Hudson play, but have him on my fantasyteam and he's putting up crazy stats. Thought about posting about him too because of these. Looks (again, by stats) to be a good and cheap replacement for Bayless.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hudson is taking advantage of his opportunity and isn't shy to chuck up shots. Last 3 games attempts of 20, 18 & 22 show the soon to be 28 year old doesn't lack confidence. Haven't seen him play other then the game vs the Raptors but guards this time of year putting up offensive numbers on team tanking don't surprise me.

    I don't care that BC missed out on Hudson as much as time not taking a chance on Terrance Williams. I think that was a low risk high reward type pick up that he sat back and let the Kings collect.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Not a lot of people think that. I don't for one. Haven't seen Hudson play, but have him on my fantasyteam and he's putting up crazy stats. Thought about posting about him too because of these. Looks (again, by stats) to be a good and cheap replacement for Bayless.
    Why do we need a good and cheap replacement for Bayless again? I kinda think a young pg who's been with the team for a couple of seasons, and has shown a useful skill set. This would be more useful than a D-leaguer who is making the most of an opportunity afforded to him by a lottery team. Kinda like how i'm impressed with Alan Anderson, but not ready to say that i'd rather have him than JJ. Let's see how these guys do when they are regular fixtures on a team going up against defences that have at least scouted them...my guess is, not so good.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie bounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We're going to have to wait until after the draft because we dont know what position we might fill in through that yet.
    Last edited by bounty; Thu Apr 12th, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote bounty wrote: View Post
    Where going to have to wait until after the draft because we dont no what position we might fill in threw that yet.
    Your display pic is unreal had to say something!

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie bounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Your display pic is unreal had to say something!
    Lol thanks

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Why do we need a good and cheap replacement for Bayless again? ...
    Because he will be a rfa and might be gone as hopefully we won't make the qualifying offer. Bayless' quality as a pg has been discussed elsewhere, clearly I'm in the he'a-not-very-good-camp.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote bounty wrote: View Post
    Where going to have to wait until after the draft because we dont no what position we might fill in threw that yet.
    we're/know/through

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie bounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    we're/know/through
    Thanks for pointing it out

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote bounty wrote: View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out
    I was not trying to be a dick or anything, it was just hard to read at first. I know I make my share of blunders.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie bounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I was not trying to be a dick or anything, it was just hard to read at first. I know I make my share of blunders.
    Its cool i dont think your a dick or anything we all make mistakes.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Because he will be a rfa and might be gone as hopefully we won't make the qualifying offer. Bayless' quality as a pg has been discussed elsewhere, clearly I'm in the he'a-not-very-good-camp.
    Fair enough. I might be willing to hang on to him if we can sign him on the cheap. Or sign as trade bait to plump up an offer for a more talented player at one of our positions of concern. Either way I don't see getting rid of him only to be replaced by someone older, less experienced, and therefore cheaper. Doesn't make sense if we are to "hit the ground running" next season.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Fair enough. I might be willing to hang on to him if we can sign him on the cheap. Or sign as trade bait to plump up an offer for a more talented player at one of our positions of concern. Either way I don't see getting rid of him only to be replaced by someone older, less experienced, and therefore cheaper. Doesn't make sense if we are to "hit the ground running" next season.
    Although I might do it if we replace Bayless' minutes with Kendal Marshall, and then have Lester be 3rd deep as insurance for Jose's inevitable injuries.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry, I prefer Uzoh to Hudson.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Sorry, I prefer Uzoh to Hudson.
    Uzoh cant do anything though. He has no jumpshot and he can't pass the ball either. Hudson can at least score and pass

  19. #19
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are we really at that point where we're dissecting the merits of 3rd and 4th string point guards? There's a reason why Hudson was not in the nba this season up until a few weeks ago - because he's not very good. Personally, I want no part of Hudson for next season. We can do a lot better than him.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Are we really at that point where we're dissecting the merits of 3rd and 4th string point guards? There's a reason why Hudson was not in the nba this season up until a few weeks ago - because he's not very good. Personally, I want no part of Hudson for next season. We can do a lot better than him.
    I do find it comical.

    The guy is taking 17 shots per game, shooting just 40%. He is taking over 7 three's a game, hitting under 2, and shooting 23%. His turnovers are 3 per game. Unlike the phenomena that was Jeremy Lin, he is not even helping the Cavs win (which is really pissing me off! Come on Cavs, quit tanking! Ummmmm. Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot).

    Ugh.

    Come on people.

    The only positive I can spin for him is he gets to the line 5 times again and hits 92%.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •