Lester Hudson PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Fair enough. I might be willing to hang on to him if we can sign him on the cheap. Or sign as trade bait to plump up an offer for a more talented player at one of our positions of concern. Either way I don't see getting rid of him only to be replaced by someone older, less experienced, and therefore cheaper. Doesn't make sense if we are to "hit the ground running" next season.
    Although I might do it if we replace Bayless' minutes with Kendal Marshall, and then have Lester be 3rd deep as insurance for Jose's inevitable injuries.
    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Sorry, I prefer Uzoh to Hudson.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        Sorry, I prefer Uzoh to Hudson.
        Uzoh cant do anything though. He has no jumpshot and he can't pass the ball either. Hudson can at least score and pass

Comment

Are we really at that point where we're dissecting the merits of 3rd and 4th string point guards? There's a reason why Hudson was not in the nba this season up until a few weeks ago - because he's not very good. Personally, I want no part of Hudson for next season. We can do a lot better than him.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Are we really at that point where we're dissecting the merits of 3rd and 4th string point guards? There's a reason why Hudson was not in the nba this season up until a few weeks ago - because he's not very good. Personally, I want no part of Hudson for next season. We can do a lot better than him.
            I do find it comical.

The guy is taking 17 shots per game, shooting just 40%. He is taking over 7 three's a game, hitting under 2, and shooting 23%. His turnovers are 3 per game. Unlike the phenomena that was Jeremy Lin, he is not even helping the Cavs win (which is really pissing me off! Come on Cavs, quit tanking! Ummmmm. Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot).

Ugh.

Come on people.

The only positive I can spin for him is he gets to the line 5 times again and hits 92%.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I do find it comical.

The guy is taking 17 shots per game, shooting just 40%. He is taking over 7 three's a game, hitting under 2, and shooting 23%. His turnovers are 3 per game. Unlike the phenomena that was Jeremy Lin, he is not even helping the Cavs win (which is really pissing me off! Come on Cavs, quit tanking! Ummmmm. Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot).

Ugh.

Come on people.

The only positive I can spin for him is he gets to the line 5 times again and hits 92%.
              Lets go head to head with Andrea Bargnani's career year for you to appreciate Hudson's contributions.

Andrea vs Hudson
              18 shots/ game shooting 45% as a 7-footer vs hudson's 6-3 with 14shots/game at 40%
              3 turnovers/game for both
              4 threes/game at 35% vs 6 three's a game at 30%
              5.2 rebounds/game vs 4.4 rebounds/game
              1.8 assists/ game vs 4 assists/ game
              10million/ year against hudson's 500,000/ year.

edit : this is not a dig on bargnani. But we have to give it to a fringe player who is working hard in his second chance. Same goes for Alan Anderson.
              Last edited by draftedraptor; Thu Apr 12, 2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                Lets go head to head with Andrea Bargnani's career year for you to appreciate Hudson's contributions.

Andrea vs Hudson
                18 shots/ game shooting 45% as a 7-footer vs hudson's 6-3 with 14shots/game at 40%
                3 turnovers/game for both
                4 threes/game at 35% vs 6 three's a game at 30%
                5.2 rebounds/game vs 4.4 rebounds/game
                1.8 assists/ game vs 4 assists/ game
                10million/ year against hudson's 500,000/ year.

edit : this is not a dig on bargnani. But we have to give it to a fringe player who is working hard in his second chance. Same goes for Alan Anderson.
                Take out Bargnani's 9 games back after injury.

Consider the match up nightmare Bargnani is.

Consider the Raptors performance with and without Bargnani in the lineup.

I recall Sundiata Gaines having some respectable numbers with Utah, Toronto, and New Jersey last year. What has he done this year?

Anyone in the NBA has talent. Anyone in the NBA can get hot at any time. Anyone in the NBA could be really effective until the scouting report comes out.

In my opinion, this is some superficial thinking at best. Every year a 10-day amazes. A big part of that is "10 days".

Comment

I don't understand where all you people are coming from! Toronto is trying to find a backup PG so they bring in 10 contracts that being Ben Uzoh and Justin Dentmon; so tell me so far has any of these 2 guys stood out and said sign me to a contract for next year at all? Now you look at Lester Hudson and what he has done with his 10 day contracts stands out a lot more and says sign me! You can only judge with what they all do on the court and what I have seen with Lester over Ben and Justin I would say Lester is a has a better chance of being signed then either of the Toronto PG's. Remember we are looking especially for a backup PG. Lester is putting up good numbers in comparison to Ben and Justin!!

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
                    I don't understand where all you people are coming from! Toronto is trying to find a backup PG so they bring in 10 contracts that being Ben Uzoh and Justin Dentmon; so tell me so far has any of these 2 guys stood out and said sign me to a contract for next year at all? Now you look at Lester Hudson and what he has done with his 10 day contracts stands out a lot more and says sign me! You can only judge with what they all do on the court and what I have seen with Lester over Ben and Justin I would say Lester is a has a better chance of being signed then either of the Toronto PG's. Remember we are looking especially for a backup PG. Lester is putting up good numbers in comparison to Ben and Justin!!
                    I hope the backup PG next year is much better than Uzoh, Dentmon, or Hudson. If anyone of those guys is the backup PG, we are in for another painful year.

Their starting PG is injured and their backup was traded. Hudson is putting up big numbers as a volume shooter for a PG desperate, crap team in meaningless games. It is better than not putting up the numbers. If he was helping Cleveland win, I might have a different perspective but he is not.

The issue I have here is raising the expectations of Raptor fans and raising the talent level on the Raptors roster. None of these guys do that. At the absolute best they are 13th, 14th, or 15th non-guaranteed contract roster filler.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I hope the backup PG next year is much better than Uzoh, Dentmon, or Hudson. If anyone of those guys is the backup PG, we are in for another painful year.

Their starting PG is injured and their backup was traded. Hudson is putting up big numbers as a volume shooter for a PG desperate, crap team in meaningless games. It is better than not putting up the numbers. If he was helping Cleveland win, I might have a different perspective but he is not.

The issue I have here is raising the expectations of Raptor fans and raising the talent level on the Raptors roster. None of these guys do that. At the absolute best they are 13th, 14th, or 15th non-guaranteed contract roster filler.
                      Thank you for injecting some clarity and sanity to this discussion. Its really unfortunate that we fans have been reduced to the point of debating the merits of 10-dayers. What a shame.

There is no reason to sign any one of these 10 day contract guys. I have a feeling that BC brought them in, not only because we need bodies (due to injuries), but also to make our current roster guys have something to fight for this season...their starting position and future jobs. A guy who is desperate to show management that he is worth signing the rest of the year and into next season is competing on an entirely different level than a guy with a 2-3 year contract who has been with the team through the entire season. This competition will show BC et al whether guys like JJ are worth keeping....can he beat out Anderson for minutes at the end of the year? Or does he fold?
                      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Is this thread closed yet?

Comment

What did Lester Hudson do once he was released by Cleveland?

He joined Memphis where he suited up for 4 regular season games. In those games:

Game 1 vs. Charlotte: he did not play

Game 2 vs. Portland: 5 minutes, 0 points (0-3), 1 turnover

Game 3 vs. Cleveland: 12 minutes, 9 points (3-6 fg, 1-3 3pt, 2-3 ft), 1 assist

Game 4 vs. Orlando: 3 minutes, 0 points (0-2), 1 turnover

Playoffs:

He did not play for a team in desperate need of a backup PG.

Whenever anyone gets hot and bothered by another team's (or our own) late season 10-day contract performer - especially on a bad team! - remember Lester Hudson.

Comment

Ten day contracts are typically issued mid to the end of the season after teams are sure on what they already have on their roster. If they invited this guy to camp and/or join the summer league team I would have no problem with that. If he earns the respect of the coaches and GM and if there is a vacant roster spot then he would be a logical choice to sign to some sort of non-guaranteed deal at that point.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Ten day contracts are typically issued mid to the end of the season after teams are sure on what they already have on their roster. If they invited this guy to camp and/or join the summer league team I would have no problem with that. If he earns the respect of the coaches and GM and if there is a vacant roster spot then he would be a logical choice to sign to some sort of non-guaranteed deal at that point.
                              I agree with that but it was not the point.

There were a number of people ready to chastise Colangelo for not signing him and promoting him as a candidate for back up PG.

Comment

Just trying to bring some logic to the table in hopes that people would think things through more before tossing Colangelo under the bus.

Comment

Working...
                                X