Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Good news:

Cleveland and Detroit play tonight... someone has to win!

Raptors have 3 games in hand on the Cavs - well, 2 after tonight.
    Four more games left. Do they have what it takes to lose three of four? Winning half will position themselves where they currently are. The Heat game should be a no brainer loss. The Bucks are fighting for the playoff lives and so they should get that one. The Pistons and Jersey are both are on deck as well and both have the potential to swap spots with the Raptors. Winning/losing those two games could be the difference between having 5th most lottery balls and having the 9th most lottery balls.

Comment

Cleveland beat the Knicks!

With one game in hand, the Cavs trail the Raptors by a win.

Comment

The final standings (and lottery ball allocation) is becoming interesting.

Raps currently tied for 6th worst with NJ.

Things could get very interesting if the Raps don't win anymore.

NOH have been playing ridiculous. CLE are just one win back of Toronto with a game on the schedule versus Washington. NJ and Toronto play the final game. SAC plays the Lakers at home where they are 15-17.

There could be a multi-team tie for third worst.... and the Raptors could be a part of it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          The final standings (and lottery ball allocation) is becoming interesting.

Raps currently tied for 6th worst with NJ.

Things could get very interesting if the Raps don't win anymore.

NOH have been playing ridiculous. CLE are just one win back of Toronto with a game on the schedule versus Washington. NJ and Toronto play the final game. SAC plays the Lakers at home where they are 15-17.

There could be a multi-team tie for third worst.... and the Raptors could be a part of it.
          That is insane! I was sleeping on NOH. So much so that when I looked back at the start of this thread, their future sched wasn't even worth listing. Saw them winning a few games but I thought they were entrenched in the holy trinity of the bottom three. I guess there is only one true Charlotte.

Comment

That should be an interesting question for the draft junkies. If you are 6th, you can drop no lower than ninth. But if there's a four way tie for 3rd, can you drop to 9th?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              That should be an interesting question for the draft junkies. If you are 6th, you can drop no lower than ninth. But if there's a four way tie for 3rd, can you drop to 9th?
              Yes.

All the balls allocated for 3rd through 6th would be divided equally among the teams tied.

Comment

Damn, Jersey is losing really well right now. I don't think Toronto is cold and talentless enough to pass them.

Comment

The final game between the Raptors and Nets might just be the worst of all time. "Tankapalooza".

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                    The final game between the Raptors and Nets might just be the worst of all time. "Tankapalooza".
                    God help us if it is worse than the Detroit game.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      In the event that teams finish with the same record, each tied team receives the average of the total number of combinations for the positions that they occupy. In 2007, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Portland Trail Blazers tied for the sixth worst record. The average of the 6th and 7th positions in the lottery was taken, resulting in each team getting 53 combinations (the average of 63 and 43). Should the average number not be an integer, a coin flip is then used to determine which team or teams receive the extra combination(s).

The result of the coin flip is also used to determine who receives the earlier pick in the event that neither of the tied teams wins one of the first three picks via the lottery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                        If they really want to lose they'll park DeRozan and JJ on the perimeter and call their numbers 25-30 times.

Comment

I'm hearing Solo has been working on his perimeter game as well and will be given the opportunity to showcase it.

I cheered for the hawks, celtics, pistons and will for the bucks and nets. I have no shame.

The tanking issue should be addressed by the league.

Comment

What a wonderful weekend for Tank Nation... Toronto loses while New Orleans, Sacramento, Cleveland, Golden State and Detroit all win! Should be an 'exciting' last few games of the season as the race for 3rd heats up!

REMAINING SCHEDULE
                            3) New Orleans - 20 wins (Golden State, Houston)
                            T4) Sacramento - 21 wins (Oklahoma City, LAL)
                            T4) Cleveland - 21 wins (Memphis, Washington, Chicago)
                            T6) Toronto - 22 wins (Milwaukee, NJ)
                            T6) New Jersey - 22 wins (Philadelphia, Toronto)
                            8) Golden State - 23 wins (New Orleans, San Antonio)
                            9) Detroit - 24 wins (Indiana, Philadelphia)

Things could get even tighter for 3rd if New Orleans were to beat Golden State. Sacramento would appear to have the toughest schedule, giving them an inside track for 3rd/4th.

Toronto is fortunate to be facing Milwaukee tonight, as they are still alive for the playoffs. Any loss by Milwaukee or a win by Philadelphia, puts Philly in the playoffs.

Last week I thought Toronto wouldn't likely be able to finish any 'better' than 6th, but 5th is still a possibility. A 5th place finish (picking no worse than 8th) and some luck with the lottery balls, would certainly go a long way towards making this horrendous season seem all worthwhile!

Lets go New Orleans, Sacramento, Cleveland and New Jersey!!!
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 23, 2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

What a sad thread
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                                In the event that teams finish with the same record, each tied team receives the average of the total number of combinations for the positions that they occupy. In 2007, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Portland Trail Blazers tied for the sixth worst record. The average of the 6th and 7th positions in the lottery was taken, resulting in each team getting 53 combinations (the average of 63 and 43). Should the average number not be an integer, a coin flip is then used to determine which team or teams receive the extra combination(s).

The result of the coin flip is also used to determine who receives the earlier pick in the event that neither of the tied teams wins one of the first three picks via the lottery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery
                                Thanks. Ironically I made the same point in a different post. I was just wondering what would happen in a four way tie. I guess they would still just average the total but that would be one interesting four sided coin toss.

Comment

Working...
                                X