Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    What a sad thread
    Sad maybe but at this time of the year, the interesting issues are getting few and far between. I've never been part of the tank team but if a raps squad that has uzoh, anderson and solo getting major minutes loses a couple of games to help in the draft, I don't think that will anger karma or put a dent in our winning culture.

Comment

Who is this Karma person I keep hearing about?

Comment

Keyser Soze? Wreaker of havoc, just shows up, has no mercy and there are no witnesses.

Comment

"And like that, poof, he's gone."

Comment

A win in the Nets last game in New Jersey would sure help Toronto!

Comment

new jersey

i dont think new jersey really cares about tank nation, cause doesn't portland have there pick anyway? Lets go Sac, cleveland and new orleans tho lol

Comment

JB5 wrote: View Post
                i dont think new jersey really cares about tank nation, cause doesn't portland have there pick anyway? Lets go Sac, cleveland and new orleans tho lol
                Top 3 protected. More balls increases the odds of getting a top 3 pick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Top 3 protected. More balls increases the odds of getting a top 3 pick.
                  Ohh ok, yah thats true then..

Comment

JB5 wrote: View Post
                    Don't look past Golden State, they do care about tank nation, so hopefully they will beat N.O on tuesday so we won't have to worry about them.

Comment

Lottery Battle!

So tonight we host the Nets who have the same win lost record as we do. With a win we drop to 7th in the infamous worst record in the League but beat our win loss of last year by 1 game. With a loss we get to be at least sixth. Cleveland plays the Washington who just finished winning their forth game in a row since 2007 so they will want to try to make it to 5 as they cannot finish any better than the 2nd worst record in the League.
                      New Jersey 22 - 43
                      Toronto 22 - 43
                      Cleveland 21 - 43 with 3 games remaining
                      Sacramento 21 - 43 with 2 games remaining

My question is this. Does it make that big of a difference in the lottery if we win or lose tonight and what would you guys rather see?

Thoughts?

Comment

I think the Raptors are going to beat the crap out of the Nets tonight. Casey has accountability. He doesn't care about the lottery odds... At least that's what he seems to be sticking with.

Comment

Although I'm hoping for a loss, I think the Nets completely crumble. They'll show us what real tanking is all about.

Comment

I wonder if DeMar is suspended by the team for his actions last night. You know, a 'learning experience' and a 'consequence' and a 'lesson on the path to maturity'.

Comment

I personally don't think DeMar's actions warranted an immediate ejection. I mean really, is throwing a ball really worse than cussing out a referee (which results in simply a technical foul)?

What if the ball didn't reach the crowd, but hit the backboard and bounced back to DeRozan? Would that warrant an ejection?

If the concern is fan safety, what happens when a championship is won, and a player throws the ball into the crowd in celebration? Would that constitute disciplinary actions?

Comment

REMAINING SCHEDULE
                                3) New Orleans - 20 wins (Golden State, Houston)
                                T4) Sacramento - 21 wins (Oklahoma City, LAL)
                                T4) Cleveland - 21 wins (Washington, Chicago)
                                T6) Toronto - 22 wins (NJ)
                                T6) New Jersey - 22 wins (Toronto)
                                8) Golden State - 23 wins (New Orleans, San Antonio)

TUESDSAY: New Orleans VS Golden State & Sacramento VS Oklahoma City... a Golden State win guarantees Toronto no worse than #7 spot, while wins by NO and/or Sacramento would make things even more interesting down the stretch

WEDNESDAY: Cleveland VS Washington... a Cleveland win makes #5/T5 spot a more realistic possibility for Toronto

THURSDAY: Tank Nation should be in full effect... Toronto VS NJ, which could very well bump a team from T5 to 7th... New Orleans, Sacramento, Cleveland and Golden State all in action, with spots #3-7 all potentially up for grabs

Comment

Working...
                                X