Countdown to Extinction - tracking the final lottery slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    This is the starting lineup I want to see for the remaining games: Gray , Davis, JJ, Demar, Dentmon. We are bound to lose every single game with that lineup. We increase the trade values of JJ, Davis and Demar.
    That might be the worst starting 5 since the aftermath of the Mighty Mouse era. They've fielded some crappy lineups but that is just awful. I'm not sure if you traded that entire unit you could get more than a couple late second round picks. This season needs to end cause it's getting way too depressing.

Comment

thanks for compiling that. It puts things into perspective for the next few weeks. The raps have done enough to show their worth this year. Time to call it a day (and I go to the games!)

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I don't buy the conspiracy theories. Since they have gone to the system they are currently in, I find it impossible to see any rigging. But maybe that is because I lack critical thinking skills..... who knows?

We can also say that if New Orleans wins it is rigged as they appear to have found a new owner.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...s_makes_i.html
        That's interesting. I was always under the impression (apparently false) that an NFL owner wasn't allowed to own another sports team. Well good for New Orleans! Never liked having the NBA controlling a team, leaves the impression that there is a conflict of interest.

As for "rigging" the draft, it appears to be next to impossible given the number of people witnessing the selection of the lottery balls in the back room. I think Doug Smith did it a few years ago, but Stern is an Evil Genius.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
          If the Raps really want to tank the final games, they need to shut down Casey.
          +1 haha

Comment

With Bargs out for the rest of the season, I expect us to lost a good majority of our games from here on. 4th is probably my prediction. If not 5th isn't bad...

Comment

Can we bring Butler back for the last 7 games?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Can we bring Butler back for the last 7 games?
                +1 ahahahahah

Comment

Beating the Celtics ... maybe the lottery bounces will favour teams that try hard 'til the finish.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Bloody hell....

Nets were up 95-89 with 2:26 left versus Heat - and they lose 101-98.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Bloody hell....

Nets were up 95-89 with 2:26 left versus Heat - and they lose 101-98.
                      Now THAT is tanking at its finest.

Comment

As we wind down the final few games of the season, the top 3 picks seem set, but there's a big group bunching up for picks #4-9. The teams have 4-7 games left. I'm curious the order everybody thinks those 6 teams will finish, as we gaze into crystal balls...

I looked at the remaining schedule for each of the 6 teams and classified games as 'should win' / 'should lose' / 'toss up'. Here's where the records 'should' end up:

#4 pick: Sacramento - 20 wins, 1/4/0 = 21 wins
                        #5 pick: Cleveland - 20 wins, 1/5/1 = 21-22 wins
                        #6 pick: Toronto - 22 wins, 0/2/2 = 22-24 wins
                        #7 pick: New Jersey (would go to Portland) - 22 wins, 0/3/1 = 22-23 wins
                        #8 pick: Golden State (would go to Utah) - 22 wins, 1/4/1 = 23-24 wins
                        #9 pick: Detroit - 22 wins, 0/3/3 = 22-25 wins

As of today, I'm projecting Toronto to finish with the #6 pick, meaning they could pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th... here's hoping for some lottery luck!

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          If new jersey wins we know it's rigged.
                          Was thinking this myself ...

New Jersey is the one team that the NBA needs to be competitive as soon as possible.

Comment

Good news:

Cleveland and Detroit play tonight... someone has to win!

Raptors have 3 games in hand on the Cavs - well, 2 after tonight.

Comment

cavs take losing to another level, I see us going 5th.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                                Now THAT is tanking at its finest.
                                You would think...

Cavs 77 - Pistons 116

Jamison looked like he was missing on purpose with his fg% of 0.000 on 10 shots. Irving did not play because of his "shoulder". Luke Walton played 21 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X