Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Extinction - tracking the final lottery slot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    The final game between the Raptors and Nets might just be the worst of all time. "Tankapalooza".
    If they really want to lose they'll park DeRozan and JJ on the perimeter and call their numbers 25-30 times.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing Solo has been working on his perimeter game as well and will be given the opportunity to showcase it.

I cheered for the hawks, celtics, pistons and will for the bucks and nets. I have no shame.

The tanking issue should be addressed by the league.

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful weekend for Tank Nation... Toronto loses while New Orleans, Sacramento, Cleveland, Golden State and Detroit all win! Should be an 'exciting' last few games of the season as the race for 3rd heats up!

REMAINING SCHEDULE
    3) New Orleans - 20 wins (Golden State, Houston)
    T4) Sacramento - 21 wins (Oklahoma City, LAL)
    T4) Cleveland - 21 wins (Memphis, Washington, Chicago)
    T6) Toronto - 22 wins (Milwaukee, NJ)
    T6) New Jersey - 22 wins (Philadelphia, Toronto)
    8) Golden State - 23 wins (New Orleans, San Antonio)
    9) Detroit - 24 wins (Indiana, Philadelphia)

Things could get even tighter for 3rd if New Orleans were to beat Golden State. Sacramento would appear to have the toughest schedule, giving them an inside track for 3rd/4th.

Toronto is fortunate to be facing Milwaukee tonight, as they are still alive for the playoffs. Any loss by Milwaukee or a win by Philadelphia, puts Philly in the playoffs.

Last week I thought Toronto wouldn't likely be able to finish any 'better' than 6th, but 5th is still a possibility. A 5th place finish (picking no worse than 8th) and some luck with the lottery balls, would certainly go a long way towards making this horrendous season seem all worthwhile!

Lets go New Orleans, Sacramento, Cleveland and New Jersey!!!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 23rd, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a sad thread

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    In the event that teams finish with the same record, each tied team receives the average of the total number of combinations for the positions that they occupy. In 2007, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Portland Trail Blazers tied for the sixth worst record. The average of the 6th and 7th positions in the lottery was taken, resulting in each team getting 53 combinations (the average of 63 and 43). Should the average number not be an integer, a coin flip is then used to determine which team or teams receive the extra combination(s).

The result of the coin flip is also used to determine who receives the earlier pick in the event that neither of the tied teams wins one of the first three picks via the lottery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery
    Thanks. Ironically I made the same point in a different post. I was just wondering what would happen in a four way tie. I guess they would still just average the total but that would be one interesting four sided coin toss.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    What a sad thread
    Sad maybe but at this time of the year, the interesting issues are getting few and far between. I've never been part of the tank team but if a raps squad that has uzoh, anderson and solo getting major minutes loses a couple of games to help in the draft, I don't think that will anger karma or put a dent in our winning culture.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is this Karma person I keep hearing about?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Keyser Soze? Wreaker of havoc, just shows up, has no mercy and there are no witnesses.

Post Thanks / Like

"And like that, poof, he's gone."
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A win in the Nets last game in New Jersey would sure help Toronto!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new jersey

i dont think new jersey really cares about tank nation, cause doesn't portland have there pick anyway? Lets go Sac, cleveland and new orleans tho lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JB5 wrote: View Post
    i dont think new jersey really cares about tank nation, cause doesn't portland have there pick anyway? Lets go Sac, cleveland and new orleans tho lol
    Top 3 protected. More balls increases the odds of getting a top 3 pick.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Top 3 protected. More balls increases the odds of getting a top 3 pick.
    Ohh ok, yah thats true then..

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JB5 wrote: View Post
    Don't look past Golden State, they do care about tank nation, so hopefully they will beat N.O on tuesday so we won't have to worry about them.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lottery Battle!

So tonight we host the Nets who have the same win lost record as we do. With a win we drop to 7th in the infamous worst record in the League but beat our win loss of last year by 1 game. With a loss we get to be at least sixth. Cleveland plays the Washington who just finished winning their forth game in a row since 2007 so they will want to try to make it to 5 as they cannot finish any better than the 2nd worst record in the League.
    New Jersey 22 - 43
    Toronto 22 - 43
    Cleveland 21 - 43 with 3 games remaining
    Sacramento 21 - 43 with 2 games remaining

My question is this. Does it make that big of a difference in the lottery if we win or lose tonight and what would you guys rather see?

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors are going to beat the crap out of the Nets tonight. Casey has accountability. He doesn't care about the lottery odds... At least that's what he seems to be sticking with.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I'm hoping for a loss, I think the Nets completely crumble. They'll show us what real tanking is all about.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if DeMar is suspended by the team for his actions last night. You know, a 'learning experience' and a 'consequence' and a 'lesson on the path to maturity'.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't think DeMar's actions warranted an immediate ejection. I mean really, is throwing a ball really worse than cussing out a referee (which results in simply a technical foul)?

What if the ball didn't reach the crowd, but hit the backboard and bounced back to DeRozan? Would that warrant an ejection?

If the concern is fan safety, what happens when a championship is won, and a player throws the ball into the crowd in celebration? Would that constitute disciplinary actions?

Post Thanks / Like

REMAINING SCHEDULE
    3) New Orleans - 20 wins (Golden State, Houston)
    T4) Sacramento - 21 wins (Oklahoma City, LAL)
    T4) Cleveland - 21 wins (Washington, Chicago)
    T6) Toronto - 22 wins (NJ)
    T6) New Jersey - 22 wins (Toronto)
    8) Golden State - 23 wins (New Orleans, San Antonio)

TUESDSAY: New Orleans VS Golden State & Sacramento VS Oklahoma City... a Golden State win guarantees Toronto no worse than #7 spot, while wins by NO and/or Sacramento would make things even more interesting down the stretch

WEDNESDAY: Cleveland VS Washington... a Cleveland win makes #5/T5 spot a more realistic possibility for Toronto

THURSDAY: Tank Nation should be in full effect... Toronto VS NJ, which could very well bump a team from T5 to 7th... New Orleans, Sacramento, Cleveland and Golden State all in action, with spots #3-7 all potentially up for grabs

Thread Information