Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Countdown to Extinction - tracking the final lottery slot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    You can cheer for your team, while also understanding the future long-term benefits that a loss would result in. I would never want the players on any team I support to tank, at least so far as giving less than full effort. The players don't control who's on the roster and/or who's on the court, just their own actions within the game... I will always cheer for my team's players and expect full effort.

It is ironic though, that a loss gives the team a better % chance of a more significant improvement next season and beyond... wouldn't cheering for that BE cheering for the Raptors team, given that a championship and even the playoffs are out of reach this season??
    I'm an admin of a basketball discussion board. I posted the lotto odds next to current standings in a table on this board yesterday. I understand the possible implications of a win or a loss and yet I stand by what I said.

As for the rest, the ends never justify the means. That said I won't be broken up about a loss but to cheer on the Nets? Come on, anyone who does that doesn't deserve to ever have a good team to cheer for in Toronto.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    ...As for the rest, the ends never justify the means. That said I won't be broken up about a loss but to cheer on the Nets? Come on, anyone who does that doesn't deserve to ever have a good team to cheer for in Toronto.
    You are not the first to express these feelings on this board, but you might have expressed them best.

+1

Post Thanks / Like

And so they slapped around the foolish Nets who are possibly about to lose D-Will and who certainly pissed away their draft pick to the Blazers. If you're sad today about the Raptors losing 20 or so lottery balls out of a thousand just look at the Nets... Your lives as fans look to be a lot better than theirs' come next season regardless of those 20 balls. This was a legit win, the Nets had no reason to lose. In fact they should have been trying to win to stick it to the Blazers. What a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Just lifted this from NBA.com we lost our tiebreaker with Golden State making us 8th

Team record (Lottery changes, out of 1,000)

Charlotte 7-59 250

Washington 20-46 199

Cleveland 21-45 138

New Orleans 21-45 137

Sacramento 22-44 76

New Jersey* 22-44 75

Golden State# 23-43 36

Toronto 23-43 35

Detroit 25-41 17

Minnesota (To New Orleans via LA Clippers) 26-40 11

Portland 28-38 8

Milwaukee 31-35 7