View Poll Results: Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre Drummond

    27 40.30%
  • Thomas Robinson

    9 13.43%
  • Perry Jones III

    16 23.88%
  • Harrison Barnes

    7 10.45%
  • John Henson

    28 41.79%
  • Tyler Zeller

    28 41.79%
  • Terrence Jones

    4 5.97%
  • Jared Sullinger

    32 47.76%
  • Jeremy Lamb

    12 17.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91

Thread: Who should the Raptors not Draft?

  1. #41
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sullinger is my boy. He's gonna make a lot of people eat their words. I want no part of Jones III, Robinson or Henson or Zeller (the last three because we have a log jam at the 4 and 5 positions)

  2. #42
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yeah I'm gonna be pissed if we draft the consensus number 1 guy... come on people

  3. #43
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    although if we pick 1st I would understand if we drafted MKG

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    although if we pick 1st I would understand if we drafted MKG
    No that would be just stupid in my opinion. Anthony Davis is a potential superstar. The drop off in talent from him to number 2 (most likely MKG) is a huge one.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Sullinger is my boy. He's gonna make a lot of people eat their words. I want no part of Jones III, Robinson or Henson or Zeller (the last three because we have a log jam at the 4 and 5 positions)
    For me it's the other way around. Pj3 will make a lot of people eat their words. Did you see what happened to sullinger when they faced Kansas? Robinson totally outplayed him, sullinger has trouble scoring and defending taller guys and it's only going to get worse in the nba.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't need a point guard or a small forward, as demonstrated in the games against Boston or Atlanta.

    Shooting Guard.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    No that would be just stupid in my opinion. Anthony Davis is a potential superstar. The drop off in talent from him to number 2 (most likely MKG) is a huge one.
    I understand that but Anthony Davis is ugly

  8. #48
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I also suspect he grew too quickly and will be an injury case as soon as he faces the rigors of 82 games plus the deep playoff run we are going to make next year

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Don't need a point guard or a small forward, as demonstrated in the games against Boston or Atlanta.

    Shooting Guard.
    You should stop watching raptors ball if you think that. Demar derozan was the reason we won those games and your on some crazy drugs if you think Anderson and uzoh are the answers at those 2 positions. I would never want you running this team

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I understand that but Anthony Davis is ugly
    HAHAHA. Fair enough

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Don't need a point guard or a small forward, as demonstrated in the games against Boston or Atlanta.

    Shooting Guard.
    Demar Derozan, Gary Forbes - shooting guard position. I believe they've proven already that they deserve to have their positions on this team.

    We NEED a point guard and OR a small forward most definitely.

    Small Forward - Linas Kleiza has been as inconsistent as the weather in Vancouver. Which most of you wouldn't know. You experience all 4 seasons in one day.

    James Johnson has been consistent all season until his internal affair with coach Casey, and his only good game since was against the Hawks tonight in garbage minutes... He seems to have a good future, but I see him fit best as a sixth man, who comes in and gives great energy on both ends of the floor.

    Point Guard - Jose Calderon and his injury issues and age are going to be a problem in terms of moving forward, and there has been a large discussion on him being able to stay healthy throughout a whole entire 82 game season. Not a 66 game season that only comes around once every couple lifetimes.

    Jerryd Bayless? I'm way too unsure about him. I like Jerryd Bayless, but I just don't see him as a future starting point guard.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Don't need a point guard or a small forward, as demonstrated in the games against Boston or Atlanta.

    Shooting Guard.
    As demonstrated, team wouldn't have won without their shooting guard.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I understand that but Anthony Davis is ugly
    Nobody can beat the physical unnatractiveness of Demar Derozan.

  14. #54
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    For me it's the other way around. Pj3 will make a lot of people eat their words. Did you see what happened to sullinger when they faced Kansas? Robinson totally outplayed him, sullinger has trouble scoring and defending taller guys and it's only going to get worse in the nba.
    Do you think Jones is suddenly gonna wake up and gonna 'get it'? The question isn't his talent. The question is between the ears. That's what separates players who are stars from players who we wonder about what could have been. The kid just doesn't have it.
    I'm not advocating that the Raptors should draft Sullinger, but the kid is smart and he uses his talents to the best of his abilities. He doesn't cheat himself. That's why he'll have a better and longer career than Jones. He's a kid that won player of the year as a freshman and pretty much singlehandedly led his team to a final-4 as a sophmore. He didn't get handled by Robinson in his matchup as you so put it. Robinson out scored Sullinger, sure. But Sullinger had more boards and blocks.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Nobody can beat the physical unnatractiveness of Demar Derozan.
    Oh man gotta agree with that one.

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Plus, Dennis Rodman wore dresses
    the worm was the man. he could pull off the dresses too. and was in to carmen 15 years ago.

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    For me it's the other way around. Pj3 will make a lot of people eat their words. Did you see what happened to sullinger when they faced Kansas? Robinson totally outplayed him, sullinger has trouble scoring and defending taller guys and it's only going to get worse in the nba.
    Even if he does make people eat their words, by proving he's a solid starter in the NBA (definitely not a superstar), would we really want to draft him? I would hate to see him defend the likes of Rudy Gay, Lebron and Melo at the three, or Dirk, Aldridge or Love at the four. Unless he can prove he can play either one effectively against majority of NBA players, I'd rather not take him.

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stefan5301 wrote: View Post
    Even if he does make people eat their words, by proving he's a solid starter in the NBA (definitely not a superstar), would we really want to draft him? I would hate to see him defend the likes of Rudy Gay, Lebron and Melo at the three, or Dirk, Aldridge or Love at the four. Unless he can prove he can play either one effectively against majority of NBA players, I'd rather not take him.
    i agree with no p3 but no one can guard those players and you would just hope that perry gets his in that situation. how he matches up against the players he should be able to dominate at those positions or if he didn't just cower against those players. the best thing perry could have done when placed at the 5 in college was take it as a challenge to grow but he took it as a built in excuse to float around and show flashes.

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Adding any of the players on that list would improve our roster. If I had to chose someone that I wouldn't want on the list I would go with Zeller, but that is only because JV is coming over next season. Drummond is the guy people want to see on this team the least? He's going top 5 and for good reason. There aren't a lot of bigs as athletic as this kid is. Sullinger is Elton Brand 2.0

  20. #60
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Oh man gotta agree with that one.
    If we draft him we are gonna be the ugliest team in the league. Get Reggie Evans back and nobody will touch us

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •