View Poll Results: Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre Drummond

27 40.30%
  • Thomas Robinson

9 13.43%
  • Perry Jones III

16 23.88%
  • Harrison Barnes

7 10.45%
  • John Henson

28 41.79%
  • Tyler Zeller

28 41.79%
  • Terrence Jones

4 5.97%
  • Jared Sullinger

32 47.76%
  • Jeremy Lamb

12 17.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lamb and Drummond. I will not be happy if either is wearing a raptors hat when he is shaking Stern's hand. Lamb won't have a great NBA career i believe and AD is such a project that it will hinder the whole team although a front court of he and JV and Bargs I would be interesting if he were much more ready but with a few picks and certainly a couple decent free agents I want to hit the ground running instead of waiting for Drummond to improve. And Lamb won't be better then the free agent we sign at that position.
    No lamb please
    Last edited by Thornbury; Thu Apr 19th, 2012 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

drummond, sullenger, jones, austin rivers

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Davis

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

and if we fall out of the top 3 and barnes is the only one of mkg beal and barnes on the board im guessing we start next year with barnes at the 3 after a summer of how a talent like him could have fallen out of the top 3.

barnes after 5 is a win/win for colangelo and if he isn't on the board i think a trade to low mid teens 11-16 is a possibility.
    I am not sure if ya'll are paying attention but have a look at the schedule. The Raps play Detroit and NJ before the end of the season. If they win those games, which they probably will, we'll be drafting around 9th. Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal... there is no chance. This discussion should have names like Jones and Zeller.

This is so depressing...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
    I am not sure if ya'll are paying attention but have a look at the schedule. The Raps play Detroit and NJ before the end of the season. If they win those games, which they probably will, we'll be drafting around 9th. Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal... there is no chance. This discussion should have names like Jones and Zeller.

This is so depressing...
    Maybe Triano could make a guest appearance as Head Coach for our final 3 games. After all, he must've been retained for a reason
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Beal is 2b on my draft board, but he clearly has no idea what he's talking about.
    i'll take thorpe & his decades of involvement in about as high a level of bball over your 2000+ posts on raptors republic, thanks.

FWIW, i'm not 'sold' on beal, just like i'm not 'sold' on any prospect - even AD COULD turn out to be a bust, or as another poster mentioned, COULD be prone to injury due to the rapid growth of his body. but thorpe's comments are, from my experience, well thought out & reasoned. he refers to beal's ability to defend SOME SFs (not all), and gives a reason (length - 6'7" wingspan, not great, but not terrible- and i'm inferring, general physical capabilities). why is that so hard to picture? how 'big' is wade? can he not defend SOME 3s? not all SFs are lebron-esque 6'9", 300lbs freaks of nature.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

i was referring to the fact that if him and demar are closing out games wouldn't it be wise to put the 6'7 guy on a small forward instead of the 6'3 player? call me crazy, i guess.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i was referring to the fact that if him and demar are closing out games wouldn't it be wise to put the 6'7 guy on a small forward instead of the 6'3 player? call me crazy, i guess.
    Depends on the matchup defensively and how skilled the guy is offensively. Seems very common sense obviously, but height only one factor defensively matchup wise.

But I do get what you're saying, but I doubt anyone is going to have Bradley Beal guard Kevin Durant who is 7 inches taller.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Thornbury wrote: View Post
    No lamb please
    Not even with some mint jelly??

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing we shouldn't do is trade the pick, unless he's trading up.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting how the most popular choices in the poll - Sullinger, Henson and Zeller are realistic options now.

Thread Information