View Poll Results: Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre Drummond

27 40.30%
  • Thomas Robinson

9 13.43%
  • Perry Jones III

16 23.88%
  • Harrison Barnes

7 10.45%
  • John Henson

28 41.79%
  • Tyler Zeller

28 41.79%
  • Terrence Jones

4 5.97%
  • Jared Sullinger

32 47.76%
  • Jeremy Lamb

12 17.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

man i wish Andrew Wiggins was 3 years older. I'd love to have that dude on the raps, he is project number 1 whenever he enters the lottery and that will mark the first ever a Canadian player will be drafted 1st overall. To me this draft is really sketchy i don't know who will turn out great and who will be average or a bust

Post Thanks / Like

Next years is going to be even worse

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I'm going to be pissed if we draft Anthony Davis
    You're going to be pissed if we draft the consensus best player in the draft????? Now, I know Raptors fans, or fans in general, tend to overvalue or get easily confused, but isn't Anthony Davis right now better than Amir and Ed? And isn't he the only guy in the draft so far that scouts have pegged as a potential franchise centrepiece, which we always complain about not having these days?
    I get the whole "not another PF" thing, but really, if he could be a top 10 players within 2-3 years, why wouldn't you? We don't have one of those now, and one thing this poll makes clear is no one believes another player fits that bill. People like me hate on Barnes for his weak college career, or MKG for his offense (though I'd like to point out Barnes struggled quite a bit to create his own shot too). Beal with his size. Lamb with his laziness. Drummond looks like he could be the next Kwame Brown type pick....

Maybe I don't particularly want Davis, but if we get the #1 pick and don't draft him, then I will actually think that the people running the team are completely delusional.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    You're going to be pissed if we draft the consensus best player in the draft????? Now, I know Raptors fans, or fans in general, tend to overvalue or get easily confused, but isn't Anthony Davis right now better than Amir and Ed? And isn't he the only guy in the draft so far that scouts have pegged as a potential franchise centrepiece, which we always complain about not having these days?
    I get the whole "not another PF" thing, but really, if he could be a top 10 players within 2-3 years, why wouldn't you? We don't have one of those now, and one thing this poll makes clear is no one believes another player fits that bill. People like me hate on Barnes for his weak college career, or MKG for his offense (though I'd like to point out Barnes struggled quite a bit to create his own shot too). Beal with his size. Lamb with his laziness. Drummond looks like he could be the next Kwame Brown type pick....

Maybe I don't particularly want Davis, but if we get the #1 pick and don't draft him, then I will actually think that the people running the team are completely delusional.
    pretty sure that one was sarcasm

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Man, I really hope so...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Has anyone heard of Beal being a PG any other place than here?

I think his position is set as a 2 who can create and find others.
    This was from the ESPN mock insider, and was posted here a few days ago.
    This is the only thing I have seen about it

Analysis: The Raptors already have DeMar Derozan in the backcourt, but I doubt they'd pass on the chance to land Beal. The Florida 2-guard has the ability to play point guard and would give Toronto a shooter with deep range -- an ability that DeRozan lacks.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hello wrote: View Post
    This was from the ESPN mock insider, and was posted here a few days ago.
    This is the only thing I have seen about it

Analysis: The Raptors already have DeMar Derozan in the backcourt, but I doubt they'd pass on the chance to land Beal. The Florida 2-guard has the ability to play point guard and would give Toronto a shooter with deep range -- an ability that DeRozan lacks.
    Thanks for posting.

Personally, I'd rather see DD have a go at SF than Beal play PG.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It would not be too much of a stretch to see Beal as a combo guard a la Bayliss. Westbrook didn't play much pg at UCLA because of Collison being there also.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jared Sullinger, I don't like 6'9 centers, even if they have a "big babyish" frame. 6'10+ Please.

Also probably any PF who is not Anthony Davis.

Lamb is also suspect because I don't like 2's or 3's that are under 6'7 who weigh less than 200 lbs this is the nba size matters. I don't think he is projected to be an NBA point guard.

I am changing my original decision and going with MKG as my realistic ideal pick. I wouldn't mind Barnes if mkg is gone.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Ford thinks he is 'Ray Allen meets Eric Gordon' , 'NBA-ready' and will go 3 in the draft despite being a freshman.

At 6foot3 he is undersized for a 2. His ball-handling skills have been criticized by scouts. I don't think he is ready yet. He will need 3 years to finish growing and add some finesse to his game. Can we afford that luxury at this point?

I will not pass on Harrison Barnes over Beal.

Post Thanks / Like

it's a good thing you're not running the team
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

anyways, of the players listed i picked henson. i don't see him contributing in the pros any time soon. he's thinner than biyombo.

if you take recent comments from Casey as word, specifically that he wanted players with "motor" because its a "important nba skill" that takes a few players off the draft board, namely Barnes, PJ3 Drummond, J-Lamb and Terrence Jones.

That leaves the big board (im going with obvious, i don't actually know what their board looks like) as:

Davis
    MKG
    Beal
    Robinson
    Sullinger
    Lillard
    Rivers

as players most likely in our drafting range. I left off good players like Zeller, Leonard and Moultrie simply because they'd be playing the same position as big Val.

Of those guys, i don't see Robinson. I liked him coming into the tourney but he didn't do anything for me during it. Yes they overachieved and got further than anyone thought they would, but Robinson was a detriment at times more than anything. Sullinger is just too small and doesn't have the strength of a Al Jefferson to really be a factor offensively. His motor is a little questionable as well. That leaves Davis, MKG, Beal, Lillard and Rivers. I left out Marshall because he's just a little too slow. I think he'll be a good PG in the pros but nothing sensational.

Basically, i think everyone should start reading up on Lillard and Rivers. If we end up drafting 5-9 they're probably what we're looking at.

From Casey's recent comments though, i wouldn't be shocked if BC trades up for MKG or Beal. I'd be pretty pleased if we did, actually, even if it means throwing in our 2013 pick.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only position they should stay away from is pf.

Even center I'd be fine with. I might be a bit uneasy about it at first, but...

Raptors Republic Rookie Delonte_West's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i like Beal or MGK...we badly need both of those types of players

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post

LOL. No one is dumb enough to be pissed off to draft Anthony Davis..

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who's not named Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    You were the only one.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jared Sullinger wears dresses. No thanks.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Jared Sullinger wears dresses. No thanks.

It does look better on him than it would on me ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    It does look better on him than it would on me ...
    Plus, Dennis Rodman wore dresses

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information