Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Article that sums up my feelings about the Raps and (some) Raptor fans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sorry, LBF. I'm not selling you on watching the Raptors on a Raptor fan forum. If you are not interested in watching the games, why waste the pixels here?

If you watched the games with an understanding of basketball you'd see the progress and reason for optimism. Things don't miraculously get better over night. The disappointment will continue with this mentality. The rebuild is less than 2 years old and on going. Much progress has been made with much more to come in the next 3 months.
    I just don't see the point.

I mean sure I understand every team has to have a rebuild, but, why the hell am I going to get excited about a god damn rebuild!?

Optimism is an adjective of hope. There's a reason we'll have 3 new starters next year

This team is shit and our last two draft picks on the team are struggling. Optimism is being in a battle for a playoff spot, or even getting a # 1 pick.

We're none of the above and if we get another #5 pick it means we haven't made any progress from the past year.

If the team wants to suck, suck hard. That's fine, but don't give me this shit.

I'm thin on hope and low on patience.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I just don't see the point.

I mean sure I understand every team has to have a rebuild, but, why the hell am I going to get excited about a god damn rebuild!?

Optimism is an adjective of hope. There's a reason we'll have 3 new starters next year

This team is shit and our last two draft picks on the team are struggling. Optimism is being in a battle for a playoff spot, or even getting a # 1 pick.

We're none of the above and if we get another #5 pick it means we haven't made any progress from the past year.

If the team wants to suck, suck hard. That's fine, but don't give me this shit.

I'm thin on hope and low on patience.
    So, again, why are you here?

Post Thanks / Like

because i'm a fan and i'm worried.

say there's 5000 people like me and we all get fed up and stop being fans of the raptors. we stop watching them on t.v. and stop going to games.

MLSE says it's losing money with this franchise, sells it and the team leaves.

and you sit there and ask, again, why i'm here!

and I'll respond again because i'm a fan and i'm worried.
    Last edited by LBF; Sat Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're seriously worried they'd sell the team? Why? It makes money even during extended periods of crappy play. You and your 5000 fans are a drop in the bucket overall so I don't see how this scenario plays out. Leagues have gotten very protective of markets and don't allow relocation as easily as you seem to think. Look at how long it took the coyotes to get moved, look at the drama in sac town or the plight of the hornets. I mean the league bought the team to keep it from moving from a tiny market like nawlins but you really believe the raptors are 5000 fair weather fans away from leaving?

Rebuilds aren't fun and you don't have to like it but it's a part if the nba reality and even the celtics, Knicks, and lakers have to go through it.

Post Thanks / Like

because i'm a fan and i'm worried.

say there's 5000 people like me and we all get fed up and stop being fans of the raptors. we stop watching them on t.v. and stop going to games.

MLSE says it's losing money with this franchise, sells it and the team leaves.

and you sit there and ask, again, why i'm here!

and I'll respond again because i'm a fan and i'm worried.
    Wow.... just wow.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried, I think the raptors are headed in the right direction, I feel better about them now, than I ever had before. We are building the right way, with a defensive philosophy. We are developing internally, we have flexibility, and some considerable young assets coming. Plus even with all the injuries we have suffered this year (which are substantial) their is a noticeable improvement between our team last year, and our team this year, one need only look at the record to see that.

In short: The Raptors Are Stacked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    You're seriously worried they'd sell the team? Why? It makes money even during extended periods of crappy play. You and your 5000 fans are a drop in the bucket overall so I don't see how this scenario plays out. Leagues have gotten very protective of markets and don't allow relocation as easily as you seem to think. Look at how long it took the coyotes to get moved, look at the drama in sac town or the plight of the hornets. I mean the league bought the team to keep it from moving from a tiny market like nawlins but you really believe the raptors are 5000 fair weather fans away from leaving?

Rebuilds aren't fun and you don't have to like it but it's a part if the nba reality and even the celtics, Knicks, and lakers have to go through it.
    It was meant to be taken hypothetically.

I hope where there's smoke, there's fire. That's all.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... just wow.
    I've made you speachless.

Does this mean, I win?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean, I win?
    +1 What else is there to say?

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean, I win?
    No. It means I've labeled you 'unworthy of effort' which is a very small notch above troll.

Post Thanks / Like

No. It means I've labeled you 'unworthy of effort' which is a very small notch above troll.
    Awesome...

we share the same level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    +1 What else is there to say?
    Hmm... It's a celebration, bitches. Show puffer yourtitties?

Thread Information