Article that sums up my feelings about the Raps and (some) Raptor fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    Colangelo has two executive of the year awards.

Casey has a losing record and not so good track record as head coach.
    He's only been a head coach for like 2 seasons and it was on a mediocre team so Give the man a break. I think both our GM and coach are good. Give them the summer and you'll see

Comment

I wish the Raptors followed in the Bobcats footstep!

At least they're on to something. If we were serious about tanking then we would have traded Barbosa a long time ago as he's won a few games for us - and made some other moves too. They want to win now but build for the future??? I have no idea what BC is on but it seems like he's building another mediocre team of overpaid underachievers.

Matt52~ What was that about Detroit with 5 players tied up with 40 mil? How about them Raptors with 4 players @ close to 40mil: Calderon, Bargs, Turk(Barbosa), Amir - next up Demar... if they don't pay Bayless a ridiculous amount first.

What else is wrong with the Raptors?
      Not-a-one of em has a killer instinct. A burning desire to just ram the ball down the opponents throat.
      Demar looks like he's on weed half the time (a little like Mcgrady). Bargs seems like he's spaced out most of the time. Amir and Jose seems just too nice.
      The only one that seems to have that juice is the one that hasn't joined the Raptors yet in Jonas.
      We don't need any more passive players like a Barnes or a Drummond. We need go get-ers like a MGK, Davis, Beal, etc

I could go on and on and on about my frustrations with the Raptors but I'll wait til the draft and hope that they miraculously win it... and then pray that they trade Bargs, Demar, Ed (or their 'future') for some young stud picks/prospects... and hope they put in a max offer for Eric Gordon... and then resign Jose to half the money he's making now...

... and then I think then i'll be able to forgive BC

What are they doing beating the Celts? ARG!

Comment

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
        I wish the Raptors followed in the Bobcats footstep!

At least they're on to something. If we were serious about tanking then we would have traded Barbosa a long time ago as he's won a few games for us - and made some other moves too. They want to win now but build for the future??? I have no idea what BC is on but it seems like he's building another mediocre team of overpaid underachievers.

Matt52~ What was that about Detroit with 5 players tied up with 40 mil? How about them Raptors with 4 players @ close to 40mil: Calderon, Bargs, Turk(Barbosa), Amir - next up Demar... if they don't pay Bayless a ridiculous amount first.

What else is wrong with the Raptors?
        Not-a-one of em has a killer instinct. A burning desire to just ram the ball down the opponents throat.
        Demar looks like he's on weed half the time (a little like Mcgrady). Bargs seems like he's spaced out most of the time. Amir and Jose seems just too nice.
        The only one that seems to have that juice is the one that hasn't joined the Raptors yet in Jonas.
        We don't need any more passive players like a Barnes or a Drummond. We need go get-ers like a MGK, Davis, Beal, etc

I could go on and on and on about my frustrations with the Raptors but I'll wait til the draft and hope that they miraculously win it... and then pray that they trade Bargs, Demar, Ed (or their 'future') for some young stud picks/prospects... and hope they put in a max offer for Eric Gordon... and then resign Jose to half the money he's making now...

... and then I think then i'll be able to forgive BC

What are they doing beating the Celts? ARG!
        Ah yes, the Bobcats. How happy Raptors fans would be in their situation.

The Raptors are a team in transition with a roster in transition. You should compare the salaries on the rosters over the next 2-4 years of the Pistons and Raptors before making inaccurate statements. What does Turk or Barbosa have to do with anything? They are not on the team and their salary is certainly not being counted in to 2013-14. Who says DeMar gets extended? He has one year left on his rookie contract plus a restricted free agency. Who says Bayless is back? Colangelo has talked about the PG of the future and that excludes Bayless; he has talked about having him be a combo guard off the bench while Bayless has talked about starting - hardly two guys on the same page.

The rest is not worth responding to. It reminds me of the kid throwing the tantrum because Mommy won't buy the candy bar at the grocery store. No amount of logic or rational discussion will diffuse the situation.
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Apr 14, 2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

There are small succeses in overall failure.

Not saying their shouldn't be optimism... for the future.But, in the now, How are you going to sell me as to why I should watch one of the remaining games?

Without preaching to me about the futute. Sell me on a game. You have my word that if you convince me I will watch one of the remaining games in it's entirety.
          Sorry, LBF. I'm not selling you on watching the Raptors on a Raptor fan forum. If you are not interested in watching the games, why waste the pixels here?

If you watched the games with an understanding of basketball you'd see the progress and reason for optimism. Things don't miraculously get better over night. The disappointment will continue with this mentality. The rebuild is less than 2 years old and on going. Much progress has been made with much more to come in the next 3 months.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Watch some games and you'll see success and reason for optimism.
            Missed the Boston game but saw the highlights. Things could be a lot worse, like Bobcats worse! Also, I second the sentiment on cap space. Everyone's talking about game-changing players switching teams but the reality is that a ton of cap-space after the new agreement may just be the best franchise altering element any team could have!
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Sorry, LBF. I'm not selling you on watching the Raptors on a Raptor fan forum. If you are not interested in watching the games, why waste the pixels here?

If you watched the games with an understanding of basketball you'd see the progress and reason for optimism. Things don't miraculously get better over night. The disappointment will continue with this mentality. The rebuild is less than 2 years old and on going. Much progress has been made with much more to come in the next 3 months.
              I just don't see the point.

I mean sure I understand every team has to have a rebuild, but, why the hell am I going to get excited about a god damn rebuild!?

Optimism is an adjective of hope. There's a reason we'll have 3 new starters next year

This team is shit and our last two draft picks on the team are struggling. Optimism is being in a battle for a playoff spot, or even getting a # 1 pick.

We're none of the above and if we get another #5 pick it means we haven't made any progress from the past year.

If the team wants to suck, suck hard. That's fine, but don't give me this shit.

I'm thin on hope and low on patience.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I just don't see the point.

I mean sure I understand every team has to have a rebuild, but, why the hell am I going to get excited about a god damn rebuild!?

Optimism is an adjective of hope. There's a reason we'll have 3 new starters next year

This team is shit and our last two draft picks on the team are struggling. Optimism is being in a battle for a playoff spot, or even getting a # 1 pick.

We're none of the above and if we get another #5 pick it means we haven't made any progress from the past year.

If the team wants to suck, suck hard. That's fine, but don't give me this shit.

I'm thin on hope and low on patience.
                So, again, why are you here?

Comment

because i'm a fan and i'm worried.

say there's 5000 people like me and we all get fed up and stop being fans of the raptors. we stop watching them on t.v. and stop going to games.

MLSE says it's losing money with this franchise, sells it and the team leaves.

and you sit there and ask, again, why i'm here!

and I'll respond again because i'm a fan and i'm worried.
                  Last edited by LBF; Sat Apr 14, 2012, 12:59 PM.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

You're seriously worried they'd sell the team? Why? It makes money even during extended periods of crappy play. You and your 5000 fans are a drop in the bucket overall so I don't see how this scenario plays out. Leagues have gotten very protective of markets and don't allow relocation as easily as you seem to think. Look at how long it took the coyotes to get moved, look at the drama in sac town or the plight of the hornets. I mean the league bought the team to keep it from moving from a tiny market like nawlins but you really believe the raptors are 5000 fair weather fans away from leaving?

Rebuilds aren't fun and you don't have to like it but it's a part if the nba reality and even the celtics, Knicks, and lakers have to go through it.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

because i'm a fan and i'm worried.

say there's 5000 people like me and we all get fed up and stop being fans of the raptors. we stop watching them on t.v. and stop going to games.

MLSE says it's losing money with this franchise, sells it and the team leaves.

and you sit there and ask, again, why i'm here!

and I'll respond again because i'm a fan and i'm worried.
                      Wow.... just wow.

Comment

I'm not worried, I think the raptors are headed in the right direction, I feel better about them now, than I ever had before. We are building the right way, with a defensive philosophy. We are developing internally, we have flexibility, and some considerable young assets coming. Plus even with all the injuries we have suffered this year (which are substantial) their is a noticeable improvement between our team last year, and our team this year, one need only look at the record to see that.

In short: The Raptors Are Stacked.
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                          You're seriously worried they'd sell the team? Why? It makes money even during extended periods of crappy play. You and your 5000 fans are a drop in the bucket overall so I don't see how this scenario plays out. Leagues have gotten very protective of markets and don't allow relocation as easily as you seem to think. Look at how long it took the coyotes to get moved, look at the drama in sac town or the plight of the hornets. I mean the league bought the team to keep it from moving from a tiny market like nawlins but you really believe the raptors are 5000 fair weather fans away from leaving?

Rebuilds aren't fun and you don't have to like it but it's a part if the nba reality and even the celtics, Knicks, and lakers have to go through it.
                          It was meant to be taken hypothetically.

I hope where there's smoke, there's fire. That's all.

Comment

Wow.... just wow.
                            I've made you speachless.

Does this mean, I win?

Comment

Does this mean, I win?
                              +1 What else is there to say?

Comment

Does this mean, I win?
                                No. It means I've labeled you 'unworthy of effort' which is a very small notch above troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X