No announcement yet.

Is This Franchise In Trouble?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With cap space, 2 exciting rookies coming into the fold and being middle of the pack in attendance despite not being to the playoffs in 4 season, I think the notion of this franchise being in trouble is the furthest thing from the truth.

Comment

Title of the Thread is "Is This Franchise in Trouble?"

Clearly. Can't even lose to play-off teams. Can't pick three players out of three D-League without finding potential All-Stars.
      Can't find a one year, Team Sitter for a coach, who will take the $800K and tell his guys to relax...no sense getting hurt in a lost season.

Now they have to re-up the D-leaguers, then fight off other teams who will be throwing money at them. After Coach's run this year, they have to deal with a feeding-frenzy media mob who's expectations are though the roof and will be expecting second round at least. At least they don't have to fight the urge to beat play-off contenders any more.

Yeah, this franchise is in trouble.

Comment

Just to clarify this wasn't my opinion.

I can't remember who said it. It was some radio host who said this franchise is in trouble.

As I mentioned before Jack Armstrong was on PTS and said ... I can't remember what he said but I paraphrased it on the first page.

These things got stuck in my head and thus this thread was created.

Maybe, I came off a little strong. But, I'm not going to apologize for expressing my views.

Not everyone was satisfied with the team this year.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I can't take this guy seriously anymore.
          Alright, i'll bite how would you respond to this:

?
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

The franchise isn't In trouble, but attendance is horrendous... I have tfc season tickets, and have been trading them for raps tickets... Because, I'd just rather basketball, but can only afford footie seasons...

I see more empty seats at the ACC than you would at Jilly's on a Tuesday afternoon

Last week I counted almost thirty empty seats in a row

They aren't in trouble though... I'm sure those seats are "sold".. Just not used

Comment

I am not sure if it's a sign of a franchise in trouble but the people over at the onion.com were poking fun at the Raptors and their losing ways on Friday the 13th.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tor...ck-10-m,27916/

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                Alright, i'll bite how would you respond to this:

?
                Just watch this post.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  I am not sure if it's a sign of a franchise in trouble but the people over at the onion.com were poking fun at the Raptors and their losing ways on Friday the 13th.

I guess when Charlotte wins 2 of their 7 total wins versus Toronto this year, that leaves the Raptors the brunt of worst team in the league talk. I'm not sure, I'm just trying to come to a logical conclusion.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    There's been grumblings that this franchise is in trouble, not deep. But, attendance has sunken(as to be expected with a rebuild), there is a general feeling of just... while actually that's the thing there is no feeling, let's say the majority of fans/people outside this website there is a general numbness.

To me and I think some will agree, words to describe the atmosphere around this team are lack of excitement, dullness, mysterious, etc.

In general the franchise is not healthy, Toronto fans are just so hopeful for a winner that everyone has hopped off the raptors band waggon and hopped on the jays. If baseball season more severely overlapped basketball season this team would probably have seen a severe drop in attendance and be in some serious trouble.

The only thing this team has right now is hope and that's starting to wear thin with Toronto fans. There hasn't really been a whole lot of excitement around this team this year. I mean they aren't going to make the playoffs, aren't likely to get the first pick.

Last years top pick isn't even with the team. There isn't really a top face or public figure on the team. I mean Bargnani is their top player. He's been playing well, but, he doesn't speak the best english and he's not really been put on a pedestal like a Stoudamire, Carter, Bosh, or even Turkoglu when he was here.

This is probably the worst year of hype like the team hasn't been covered nearly as much in the local media... the publicity is way down this year then I think it ever has been before.

Maybe this is just me, but, I used to consider myself a die hard fan and this year I have found myself with little interest or care of basically everything to do with the team this year.

There is nothing to latch onto... for this year at least and if this team doesn't do something of more than just slight significance this offseason. The future is not looking bright.

Personally, I hope they get a star in this draft and Valanciunas has a solid rookie campaign. To restore some faith around this team and at least start uprising.

Thoughts?
                    Did your significant other turn you down this weekend? You appear to be in a funk.

Comment

this franchise is not in Sacramento trouble
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        I see more empty seats at the ACC than you would at Jilly's on a Tuesday afternoon

You'd be surprised at the robust mid day attendance at the "greatest part in town."
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post

Ha Ha. Boston fans were poking fun at the Raptors on their fan forum. Man was that hilarious when the Raps got up by 17 in the third.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            You'd be surprised at the robust mid day attendance at the "greatest part in town."
                            I actually haven't been there in a couple years, but I remember it being sparsely attended even on weekends..

are the two older dancers that look like the gammorean guards from return of the Jedi still there?

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                              Did your significant other turn you down this weekend? You appear to be in a funk.
                              No, I just have a shitty pillow.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                I actually haven't been there in a couple years, but I remember it being sparsely attended even on weekends..

are the two older dancers that look like the gammorean guards from return of the Jedi still there?
                                You've experienced nothing. I live in fucking Hamilton. In Central hamilton dudes look like sloth from the goonies and all the girls are crack whores.

The strippers are alright, but, I mean they're prolly getting extra curricular with sloth.

Comment

Working...
                                X