No announcement yet.

Is This Franchise In Trouble?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just confirming to me the fact that most people in hamilton are emotionally unstable

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      just confirming to me the fact that most people in hamilton are emotionally unstable
      I actually don't live in Hamilton, so uh... Pooh to your confirmation.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Your kidding me right? Jay Triano is not fit to run an nba team. Dwane Casey has much more experience and he is a much better coach than jt ever was. He was given 3 seasons with the raps and he couldn't accomplish jack shit. Dwane Casey changed the entire fucking culture in a shortened season with no training camp that is insane. JT only wishes he could do something like that

Comment

*Gasp*

LBF wrote: View Post
          Speaking of coaches, I still think Jay didn't get a fair shake.

.He should have never been given any shake.

Last time I use that sound effect today. I swear.

Comment

How happy you are comes down to expectations.

No, the talent level isn't there. But it DID outperform a lot of expectations despite some significant injuries. The bad news is that we didn't get to see whether Bargs could keep up his improved play because he got hurt, DeRozan didn't take much of a step forward, and we have no idea yet how Val will do or who this year's pick will be. So the Raps are still not really close to having a franchise player and a real shot at making any real noise. The good news is that Casey has been effective at improving the defense and the team is playing hard despite their record, so I'm happy that we may have finally found a genuinely effective coach. There's every reason to believe that they could fight for a playoff spot in a weak conference if they use their cap space effectively and some of their talent starts panning out. So if you just want to be fighting for the playoffs they're in good shape. If you want to contend for a championship, they're not.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Your kidding me right? Jay Triano is not fit to run an nba team. Dwane Casey has much more experience and he is a much better coach than jt ever was. He was given 3 seasons with the raps and he couldn't accomplish jack shit. Dwane Casey changed the entire fucking culture in a shortened season with no training camp that is insane. JT only wishes he could do something like that
              Since when is being one of the worst trams in the league. Changing tthe culture.

I seem to remember jay had us in fifth place at one point. What's Casey had us at best... 12th!?

Answer me this if Bosh makes that tip in vs. G state, your opinion of Triano become what it is today?

Don't lie either.

As for Casey having more experience a bit absurd.

For some of you it seems like you'd have an orgasm and would care about nothing else so long as Casey and Batum were part of the team.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

For a second there, I thought that this thread was about the Toronto Maple Leafs. In all seriousness though, do you really think that the Raps are in far worse shape than the Leafs? Is BC about to issue a letter of apology as well?

PS> I'm a full-time teacher and was very glad that we sold our shares of MLSE. There's been much criticism that the teachers' pension was the reason for the failure of everything MLSE related. Now that Rogers an Bell took over, we'll see just how "awesome" new ownership will be. Sorry for the deviation.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Since when is being one of the worst trams in the league. Changing tthe culture.

I seem to remember jay had us in fifth place at one point. What's Casey had us at best... 12th!?

Answer me this if Bosh makes that tip in vs. G state, your opinion of Triano become what it is today?

Don't lie either.

As for Casey having more experience a bit absurd.

For some of you it seems like you'd have an orgasm and would care about nothing else so long as Casey and Batum were part of the team.
                  I was one of the few people that did have an orgasm about that union. However, Jersey traded Gerald Wallace and the dream just faded away!
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    For a second there, I thought that this thread was about the Toronto Maple Leafs. In all seriousness though, do you really think that the Raps are in far worse shape than the Leafs? Is BC about to issue a letter of apology as well?

PS> I'm a full-time teacher and was very glad that we sold our shares of MLSE. There's been much criticism that the teachers' pension was the reason for the failure of everything MLSE related. Now that Rogers an Bell took over, we'll see just how "awesome" new ownership will be. Sorry for the deviation.
                    Fuck dude, you think the leafs are in trouble!?

They're the reason MLSE has a license to print money. Every where I go, Every sporysand news station I flick to it's leafs, leafs, leafs and now that the season is over it' jays, jays, jays.

Ain't no raptors talk, the only reasons the raptors will be fine is because of the leafs.

Let me ask somethinganybody feel free to chime in, say the raptors miss the playoffs for as long as the leafs have, MLSE head honcho going to make a public apology?

Are the raptors going to average half the attendance of the leafs that year?

Comment

Fuck dude, you think the leafs are in trouble!?

They're the reason MLSE has a license to print money. Every where I go, Every sporysand news station I flick to it's leafs, leafs, leafs and now that the season is over it' jays, jays, jays.

Ain't no raptors talk, the only reasons the raptors will be fine is because of the leafs.

Let me ask somethinganybody feel free to chime in, say the raptors miss the playoffs for as long as the leafs have, MLSE head honcho going to make a public apology?

Are the raptors going to average half the attendance of the leafs that year?
                      The Raptors haven't made the playoffs in 8 of 10 years and 4 straight.

The Leafs haven't made the playoffs in 7 of 10 years and 7 straight.

The Jays haven't made the playoffs in 18 straight seasons.

I think this is over reaction to the extreme.

Comment

If the leafs start winning before the raptors there is going to be a definite drop in attendance.

Comment

If the leafs start winning before the raptors there is going to be a definite drop in attendance.
                          Do you have any concrete evidence to back up such a claim?

This is the first time I've noticed that to spell 'excessive negativity' the letters L, B, and F were needed.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Do you have any concrete evidence to back up such a claim?

This is the first time I've noticed that to spell 'excessive negativity' the letters L, B, and F were needed.
                            negativity makes the world go round.

Comment

I honestly think the raptors franchise is in a very good position. We have some good core assets, a great coach, a GM that is respected around the league, JV, and another top 5 pick coming, and tons of free cap space.

In this year rather than just tanking I have seen us (tank enough to get a good pick lol) develop a defensive identity that this team has lacked for over a decade, which is a HUGE step in the right direction. Defense wins championships. I am sure at the end of the year when Colangelo does his "State of the Union" media day he will echo some of these sentiments.

Attendance has held up in my opinion considering the trials and tribulations of this year, Toronto fans are loyal.

In short: The Raptors Are Stacked.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

The raptors are one of the most profitable franchises in the league, they have the 4th largest NBA market in the league, and the whole of Canada behind them. MLSE is not losing money on the raptors, and will not be doing so in the future.

Seeing as how both the leafs and the raptors play in the same arena, I find it hard to believe that people would quit attending raptors games to watch leafs games ....
                                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                                X