Serie B Player Has Heart Attack Mid-Game, Later Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serie B Player Has Heart Attack Mid-Game, Later Dies

Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini has died after suffering a suspected heart-attack during a match at Pescara on Saturday.

The 25-year-old collapsed suddenly on the pitch during the game, leading to the match being abandoned. All Italian matches, including all Serie A matches, have been cancelled for the weekend.

Italian Olympic Committee president Giovanni Petrucci later invited all Italian sports federations to observe a minute's silence in memory of Morosini.

Morosini was on loan from Serie A club Udinese, and had played for multiple Italian clubs, including Bologna, Vicenza, Reggina and Padova. He had also played on Italian National youth teams at the under-17, under-18, under-19, under-20 and under-21 levels...
    http://www.thescore.com/home/article...psing-on-pitch

Is it just me or has there seem to be an increase of game related professional athlete deaths the past year?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    http://www.thescore.com/home/article...psing-on-pitch

Is it just me or has there seem to be an increase of game related professional athlete deaths the past year?
    Yeah I've seen it. This may not be related but even member's of professional sports athlete's families are in that type of outlook. Just really unfortunate.

R.I.P to Piermario Morosini
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Dude suffered 3 heart attacks was DOA.

Even if the Ambulance wasn't blocked temporarily from getting in, I doubt there was anything doctors could do.

Still ashame the exit was blocked.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
      X