David Lee OUT Tank IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Lee OUT Tank IN

The Golden State Warriors are likely down another starter for the rest of the season.

The Warriors said an MRI exam Friday on power forward David Lee revealed a strained groin and a stress reaction. Team doctors advised that Lee not risk causing further injury and remain out for the foreseeable future.

Lee scored 30 points in a 112-103 loss to Dallas on Thursday night. He averaged 20.1 points and 9.6 rebounds this season.

The Warriors are already without center Andrew Bogut (fractured left ankle) and likely point guard Stephen Curry (sprained right ankle) for the season. Bogut was injured before he was acquired in a March 13 trade with Milwaukee.

Richard Jefferson also is out indefinitely with swelling in his right knee.
    Source : http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...#ixzz1s431UiUe

Bogut and Curry are obviously back from injuries. They have decided to sit them out for the rest of the season.

Jefferson has a "swelling"

Lee has had a "stress reaction"

This is pathetic. How low can you go to get a draft pick? I hope they pick up the next Roy or Oden.

The Raptors have been doing the same thing more or less. Bargnani and Bayliss being sat out for the season, Calderon not playing 2 games with "lumps and bumps", Kleiza being rested for knee "soreness", and JJ being benched for two games for an "internal issue." 3 players on ten day contracts are getting a mother lode of minutes. About a third of the NBA are competing to get a lower spot in the lottery.
    Last edited by stretch; Sat Apr 14, 2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      The Raptors have been doing the same thing more or less. Bargnani and Bayliss being sat out for the season, Calderon not playing 2 games with "lumps and bumps", Kleiza being rested for knee "soreness", and JJ being benched for two games for an "internal issue." 3 players on ten day contracts are getting a mother lode of minutes. About a third of the NBA are competing to get a lower spot in the lottery.
      You really think the Raps are purposely holding back their personnel? Bargs has had the same issue come up 3 times. You must have seen him in pain the first 2 times. I was watching the game when Bayless injured his oblique...it looked painful. You must have noticed JC's eye half closed...imo he can should stay out until fully healed or possibly suffer greater damage if hit in the same spot the third time. Kleiza I cannot say but he did have micro surgery on his knee last year (is it the same knee?). But the telling factor for me is that no matter the crew Casey has available he plays to win and has. We should check if the other coaches are doing the same before we lump the Raps tanking purposely with the others. And I am a tank proponent with which the team is not cooperating. They are not laying down.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        You really think the Raps are purposely holding back their personnel? Bargs has had the same issue come up 3 times. You must have seen him in pain the first 2 times. I was watching the game when Bayless injured his oblique...it looked painful. You must have noticed JC's eye half closed...imo he can should stay out until fully healed or possibly suffer greater damage if hit in the same spot the third time. Kleiza I cannot say but he did have micro surgery on his knee last year (is it the same knee?). But the telling factor for me is that no matter the crew Casey has available he plays to win and has. We should check if the other coaches are doing the same before we lump the Raps tanking purposely with the others. And I am a tank proponent with which the team is not cooperating. They are not laying down.
        Is it not obvious?

Comment

Is it not obvious?
          Nope. I thought the rest of my post tried to explain why.

Comment

I have some swamp land I want to sell.
            Last edited by stretch; Sun Apr 15, 2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I have some swamp land I want to sell.
              Hmm. Who sold it to you?

Did u check out the game last night? Did that look like a team in tank mode?

Comment

I think it is quite the opposite in our case. we rushed Bargnani, Bayless and Calderon back from their injuries too soon which ended up making it worse. And with the way we fight in each game I don't think we are trying to lose.

GSW played 4 rookies and jefferson in their starting lineup yesterday. sat out david lee and even biedrins.

Comment

Working...
                X