Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving forward: Uzoh and Anderson: here for the rest of the seaon (42)

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I caught a good chunk of the fourth quarter tonight.

I like that Dentmon guy. Be shocked if he doesn't stick around.
    Had time between volumeposting in a Raptorforum to see 1 minute of an actual Raptorgame and a guy hitting a 3ptr? Probably missed out on some other parts of his game. But thanks for another enlightening insight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Had time between volumeposting in a Raptorforum to see 1 minute of an actual Raptorgame and a guy hitting a 3ptr? Probably missed out on some other parts of his game. But thanks for another enlightening insight.
    Not a problem. Hopefully, next time i'll have time to catch two minutes.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anderson, and Uzoh can replace Rasual Butler and Anthony Carter and fill that role on our team. I think it is way better to bring in d leaguers like this than burnt out has beens.

Post Thanks / Like

More important to me than the basic numbers is that they seem to naturally play Caseys style of game. I can see finding players with better numbers, but if the chemistry isnt there, like it is with Uzoh and Anderson, then the production wont be what we have now. I like Anderson for his solid 3 point shooting and defence and Uzoh is a decent backup PG if our 2 other PG's come up lame. I'd rather see Uzoh at PG than Forbes.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Not a problem. Hopefully, next time i'll have time to catch two minutes.
    haha

i dont see any of them sticking around after this year. here i am the opposite of super raptor i would much rather the end of my bench be positive role models in the latter stages of their careers like magloire and carter. up until he started playing i was happy with rasual but again if he had his real role he would have played the same amount of minutes this year as the other 2. three different areas, point, wing and big with a player/teacher like that is a real positive influence on the young kids and if they aren't ignorant arseholes they will listen to those players in practice.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I'd agree with NoProps. 3rd Stringers. 11th-12th men. Maybe more than that? Anderson has proved well as a starter, same with Uzoz, but he still has to prove himself.
    It's good to have these guys around the team to show the regulars what hunger-to-stay-in-the-NBA looks like (up close).

Someone right on the bench to act as a D-League-wiki of sorts. Crappy hotels, long bus rides, empty stadiums.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully none of them, should they return, catch Moon Syndrome.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Ha Ha Ha! Great line.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonny's chances are slim to none right about now.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing

Its like dating a girl who gives awesome mouth.... So impressive that you marry her... But once that ring is on her finger, on a good day all you get is a "handshake".... Not even lubed... A dry "handshake"

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post

Its like dating a girl who gives awesome mouth.... So impressive that you marry her... But once that ring is on her finger, on a good day all you get is a "handshake".... Not even lubed... A dry "handshake"
    hahahahahaha nice to see you're back to your old self Heinz!!!!

Ceez was providing the one-liners while you were on haitus.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you meant to say, "Hopefully, none of them return."
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    haha

i dont see any of them sticking around after this year. here i am the opposite of super raptor i would much rather the end of my bench be positive role models in the latter stages of their careers like magloire and carter. up until he started playing i was happy with rasual but again if he had his real role he would have played the same amount of minutes this year as the other 2. three different areas, point, wing and big with a player/teacher like that is a real positive influence on the young kids and if they aren't ignorant arseholes they will listen to those players in practice.
    i was actually leaning towards keeping the 2 until i read this post. very good points.
    however, wouldnt it be difficult to find savvy veterans willing to mentor younglings who are in a non-contender?
    and able veterans who can still play competitively when called upon?

Post Thanks / Like

look if a team must have 14 - 15 players...

I have no qualms about Making Anderson and Uzoh 11th and 12th and saving 13 and 14 for project players and keeping 15 for Jamaal Magloire to grandfather these kids

Post Thanks / Like

we haven't had a solid third string PG in a long time

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post

Raptors Republic's own Norm makes an appearance with sage advice and quick one-liners!

Heiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinz!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished the renovations on the house... So I have a lot more few time for the internet and convincing strippers to let me slide my thing in their arses.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... That lady post was the product of auto correct.... But it turned our pretty awesome

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Anderson is really that crucial. He may be filling Butler's intended role, and that's fine, maybe give him a training camp invite at least, if not a non-guaranteed deal of some sort. He is a veteran, basically, even if he lacks abundant NBA experience. But, if we upgrade at the wing with at least one more player in the draft or FA who would immediately step into the rotation and possibly start, then who cares.
    Uzoh I like a lot. I think his learning curve has been pretty impressive for a 10-day guy who looked completely out of place when he first got here. I don't think having an old PG is that important when you have a guy like Jose(assuming he stays one more year at least), and Bayless is still an unknown. He rebounds well, has decent defensive instincts (and a pretty good amount of potential there), he seems to understand playing within his limits (which Bayless still doesn't get far too often, if not always). His poise is getting better and we'll see if he can keep it up. His O is definitely limited, but he has, again, played within his limits, trying to get his team involved and managing the clock well most of the time.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way Casey coaches these days if he was BC, JJ, ED, and Forbes would be outta here for those D league gems.

Thread Information