Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlikely/Not commonly mentioned signings that could be a good idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If we bring in Allen with the intentions of starting him, I would have no problem moving DeRozan for another piece. A 4th year shooting guard "project" shouldn't be in our vocabularies.
    Ray would start ahead of Demar if we bring him in next season. Ray's game is already on the decline and I wouldn't be surprised if Demar took minutes off him coming from bench. Demar is turning 23. He cannot be a 'project' anymore. However he still has a lot of upside. averaging 17PPG. only just below Andrea who is gonna be 27. I have to ask why should we retain bargnani over him given his age and contract? Bring in someone like eric gordon and we can be rid of demar with no regrets.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      If we bring in Allen with the intentions of starting him, I would have no problem moving DeRozan for another piece. A 4th year shooting guard "project" shouldn't be in our vocabularies.
      I don't see him still as a project IMO. He's taken steps forward and has proven the ability to score and be an offensive threat. His defense is what'll separate him from an NBA scorer/solid pro to an all-star player. Consistency as well.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I don't see him still as a project IMO. He's taken steps forward and has proven the ability to score and be an offensive threat. His defense is what'll separate him from an NBA scorer/solid pro to an all-star player. Consistency as well.
        I agree. give him a full camp under Casey and if he still doesnt adapt, trade him mid-season.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          paul Pierce still has a nice jump shot. But, he's as slow as molases.
          hahaha true. but he still manages to average 20/5/5. it boggles the mind.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            hahaha true. but he still manages to average 20/5/5. it boggles the mind.
            Well, it's the "truth."

He's just a magnificently skilled individual. He's so crafty, very good at everything on both ends of the floor, and at his age, he's underrated IMO. He finally got his conditioning right and now Boston is top 4 in the East. Too me I see them in the Eastern conference finals vs. Bulls/Heat.

Comment

Not underrated, he's just took a backseat because of miami and chicago on the rise. They'll be back in the headlines come playoff time.

underappreciated or underrated, is san antonio's big three. They have been talked less about more than boston, for longer and they can just plain get it done.

Even have a better record than boston. Heck, they give their main guys so much rest and work in their bench players so good. They aren't going to be crap for a long time.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Not underrated, he's just took a backseat because of miami and chicago on the rise. They'll be back in the headlines come playoff time.

underappreciated or underrated, is san antonio's big three. They have been talked less about more than boston, for longer and they can just plain get it done.

Even have a better record than boston. Heck, they give their main guys so much rest and work in their bench players so good. They aren't going to be crap for a long time.
                san antonios' program should be our goal. that place is run so well.

for pierce. he has been underrated his whole career or in the shadows. rookie year lost to vc and didn't even get as much recognition as white chocolate. played on a losing boston team and never quit. i think he wanted out once but not sure, it might have been the team looking to trade him, i can't remember. then they load up and all of pierce was put on display. a great player.

Comment

Maybe underrated isn't the word I'm looking for...

Agreed, with all the experience the young guys are going to get, and the fact that the big San Antonio three still have much left in the tank, at some point it's going to translate into a ring again.

Comment

Working...
                  X