Ric Bucher, ESPN: Vancouver could be favourite for NBA relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Welcome. I moved here years ago and, crappy weather aside, the city is a good place to live. I've lived in quite a few big centres and really quite like Calgary. Lots of great neighbourhoods, easy to get around, mostly affordable, tonnes to do, terrific restaurants. No NBA/MLB, which sucks, but that's why you have a TV room...
    Calgary meat is also a great attraction too.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I thought the reason Vancouver lost its franchise was because, the owner never had any intention of keeping the team in Vancouver and wanted to move it to his hometown of Memphis from the get-go. Hence, he only owned the team for one year in Vancouver.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

i think MTL should have a team before vancouver
        ya dun noe

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Calgary needs a team and the fact that I'm moving there has nothing to do with it.
          I doubt you'll find too many basketball fans in Calgary, but a man can dream.

-

I would really love for them to bring back a team in Vancouver. Why did they leave again?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I was just thinking that and now i got flash backs of Shareef Abdul Raheem. Put up a team in van city to compete with the Raps and call them the Vancouver Vipers
            Aw that's such an awesome name!

Comment

Just to show up the americans, and their shitty atitudes towards canada, it must be done.

Comment

Thanks! I think I'll be a Flames fan in no time. I'm looking to buy something in the west. Lots and lots of nice looking communities.
                If you can afford it Apollo, I suggest Cochrane which is only 20 minutes from the NW part of Calgary. I lived there over 12 years ago before the town quickly became a small city. Great place and even better if you can find a home facing the mountains.

Oh ya, and forget Vancouver. We need a team in Dr. James Naismith's hometown of Almonte instead.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  If you can afford it Apollo, I suggest Cochrane which is only 20 minutes from the NW part of Calgary. I lived there over 12 years ago before the town quickly became a small city. Great place and even better if you can find a home facing the mountains.
                  Hey Doc, I will most definitely consider the suburbs. I hear Cochrane is really nice. My only cause for concern is that my office is in the DT core and the commute might be horrific in the winter months. I'd have to look into average commute times before considering the suburbs. I'd like to be within walking distance to the train or at least within a very short drive of it. Right now I'm looking at Tuscany, Rocky Ridge and Royal Oak.

Comment

NBA in Vancouver

That would be a dream come true - but - Vancouver is a hockey town and a football town. The local sports outlets barely acknowledge the NBA and that's probably because there is no demand from the people living here.

I have reached the point where I still enjoy football but the gratuitous violence in hocket and the unbelieveable attitude of many players towards their opponents is a real turnoff. In the NBA, the players show their respect for the opposition - and there is lots of physical play in the league, its just done without the "padding" that the NHL now uses as weapons to illegally mug each other.

Also the no fighting rules would not appeal to the boys in Vancouver - they seem to need their weekly hit of violence.

Comment

LOL yeah because Melo doesn't cheap shot guys and run away like a coward and Garnett certainly doesn't get down on his hands and knees and bark like a dog. There are bad seeds in every sport Roarque.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                        Aw that's such an awesome name!
                        The logo could be like a Viper with a basketball in its mouth or something.

Comment

I think Montreal gets a team before Vancouver does. Still waiting for Ottawa-Gatineau to get a team so they can call them the O.G. Bilinguals or whatever.

Comment

Career. I've been to Calgary many, many times and I really like it. Did your family say why they don't like it there?
                            It's certainly pretty, and I guess if you're the outdoorsy type you'll enjoy it. It's more the people there, I find. I like to refer to Calgary as "Canada's red state".
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                              I think Montreal gets a team before Vancouver does. Still waiting for Ottawa-Gatineau to get a team so they can call them the O.G. Bilinguals or whatever.
                              Its difficult enough for the most Americanized city in Canada(Toronto) to attract American players because its another country and its cold, so now you will get those ignorants players complaining that there is a language barrier and its colder! no it would be a disaster in Montreal.

Vancouver needs to get the team back with the right ownership in charge. Vancouver jumped the gun with the team expension, they should have waited at least 5 years after Toronto did.

Comment

I've actually read somewhere that many NBA players love Montreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X