Ric Bucher, ESPN: Vancouver could be favourite for NBA relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Its difficult enough for the most Americanized city in Canada(Toronto) to attract American players because its another country and its cold, so now you will get those ignorants players complaining that there is a language barrier and its colder! no it would be a disaster in Montreal.

Vancouver needs to get the team back with the right ownership in charge. Vancouver jumped the gun with the team expension, they should have waited at least 5 years after Toronto did.
    I'm not saying it'll work out, I just think it gets a shot first. Remember Vancouver was a disaster too.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I've actually read somewhere that many NBA players love Montreal.
      Perhaps when the days are warm and skirts are short

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
        I'm not saying it'll work out, I just think it gets a shot first. Remember Vancouver was a disaster too.
        Yeah it looked pretty bad when Steve Francis cried tears of sadness after being drafted by Vancouver on draft night in front of the Commish (as well as the rest of the world on television) and Stern whispered to him "Dont worry, there will be better days". But then again Steve Francis was a tool.

Comment

Yipee! like everyone else said, if gay ass charlotte can get a team I think Vancouver def deserves one. I think it would definitely be viable and the city is top notch.

Comment

Beasley would love Vancouver, BC Bud is pretty good stuff
            Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

van city deserves another shot...weren't even given a chance last time.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                van city deserves another shot...weren't even given a chance last time.
                +1 6 years is not enough for any franchise no matter the sport to show any future. Look at the Clippers.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'd love to see a second NBA team in Canada again, but I think Montreal is a better choice than Vancouver... that being said, I'm not opposed to either. However, I think Las Vegas and Seattle are more likely then a return to Canada, but here's hoping I'm wrong!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Stern has said that his biggest regret in his 30 years as NBA commish is what happened in Vancouver. I recall that said during lockout.
                    Ya,but, that doesn't necessarily mean Vancouver relocating. It's the way it all transpired, he wishes it wasn't so messy.

Not saying Vancouver doesn't deserve a second chance and Stern doesn' think that.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

A bunch of immature, rich twenty year olds+party city

Ya, that makes sense. Also, the drinkinf age is 18, compared to 21.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

When Vancouver gets another NBA team they have to name it with an environmentalist theme. I personally would like to see...

The Vancouver Tree-Huggers

Their uniform colors should be wood-tone brown (shorts) and green (tops). Like a tree. They would be called "The Huggers" by their faithful fans.

As a poor second choice, I would also accept:

The Vancouver Redwoods

Same uniforms.

When the opposing point guard entered the paint there could be lots of stupid jokes about being in among the trees.

I am pretty sure the merchandise for either the Huggers or the Woods would be hot selling in inner-city markets.

/edit: That was my first post on this board. You can expect a lot more good suggestions from me.

Comment

symbot wrote: View Post
                          You can expect a lot more good suggestions from me.
                          I'm rapt with anticipation.
                          Last edited by ezz_bee; Sun May 20, 2012, 12:18 PM.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I've read that quite a few times actually. I'm sure if you searched it on this site you'd find it at least once.

I've never been in montreal for a long stay. I've drove through it a few times and such. But, My sister's been to it twice and based on what she says and my lumited experience of it. Quebec City, which I've been is much nicer as far as tourist attractions.

Comment

Working...
                            X