Shane Battier for Hedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Battier for Hedo

How about a package involving the Rockets and Raptors where we pry Battier away from Houston to be our SF? Now there is a wing who does all the little things including defense, who I could live with. All we'd need to do is take back enough salary and sell Dork Elvis on Hedo's bill of goods.

Ok, so this isnt happening.

Chad Ford says Battier is up for grabs, though. Lets get him.

Why would they do that? Battier is the heart and soul of that team.

Comment

Chad Ford says Battier is up for grabs, though. Lets get him.
      Chad Ford has said every player in the league is up for grabs at some point. lol

Does he have a reason why they'd trade the guy that holds them together?
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Daryl Morey, gm of the Rockets is one of the more astute execs in the league as well as a v. good judge of talent. It isnt by accident that he has a group of relative no-names and a good coach achieving what they are currently. Any sniff of dogging or onerous contract is not what he is noted to settle for. He could have had Hedo but chose Ariza this past summer. Yes, Battier is a wonderful player and personality who plays hard every night...and with grit and leadership. If Chad F. didnt pull this out of his arse then be assured Morey has a devious plan to take someone to the cleaners on a deal involving Battier.

Comment

Apologies I meant to link this bio of Morey. He is an interesting individual...not your normal jock exec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Morey

Comment

You'll note I referred to him as Dork Elvis in my intro. I am acutely aware of who he is.

Comment

Sign me up for this!
              "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Why would they do that? Battier is the heart and soul of that team.
                I have no idea. But since everyone says we're holding a Chris Bosh firesale, and then offers up 2 pop and a bag of chips for Bosh, I enjoy doing it with the hearts and souls of other teams too when journalists claim they are "up for grabs"

Comment

I like this trade for Houston too. They don't really have a play-maker at the moment (Brooks is more of a scorer)

They'd have a lineup of:

Brooks
                  Ariza
                  Hedo
                  Scola
                  Hayes/Landry

If Hedo can get consistent and the Rockets could swing T-Mac for another piece, they could arguably be better than they are right now.

Obviously we get much better and let Jose take over the majority of the play-making duties again. Battier inproves our wing D that we desperatly need and could also help mentor DD into how to play effective defense. Our lineup doesn't look too dangerous offensively, but if you can play defense, who cares!

Jose
                  DD
                  Battier
                  Bosh
                  Bargs

Comment

Seeten wrote: View Post
                    I have no idea. But since everyone says we're holding a Chris Bosh firesale, and then offers up 2 pop and a bag of chips for Bosh, I enjoy doing it with the hearts and souls of other teams too when journalists claim they are "up for grabs"
                    Yeah, one guy proposes a theory, then two pick it up and call it a rumor and then it spreads as fact. Prepare for a bunch more Battier rumors!

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
                    I like this trade for Houston too. They don't really have a play-maker at the moment (Brooks is more of a scorer)

They'd have a lineup of:

Brooks
                    Ariza
                    Hedo
                    Scola
                    Hayes/Landry
                    Not that I'm supporting the idea but I think looking ahead to next season, Hedo would be a good fit for Yao.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jan 22, 2010, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Sorry guys, but i really think we can get rid of Turk only in a package including Bosh. I see no team willing to swallow his gigantic contract considering the way he's performing on the court.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Not that I'm supporting the idea but I think looking ahead to next season, Hedo would be a good fit for Yao.
                        Agreed. If Yao comes back, he'll need someone to spoon-feed him shots until he gets back to normal level consistantly. But Hedo and Yao together could be a catastrophe. Both aren't athletic to say the least.

Comment

Hedo seems to work best with a dominate low post presence. I think they would work well together because Hedo would be able to feed the big fella the ball down low on the block.

Comment

Working...
                          X