Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mission Accomoplished? DC thinks so (Stephen Brotherston, HoopsWorld.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Culture change anyone?

Mitchell would have been on the links for days...... even if it was a playoff series on the line - yeah, I went there.
    Doug Smith's comments on the subject:

Raptors?

Well, they’re on a rather extended road trip, talked briefly via text with some folks yesterday and nothing of significance went on.

Except maybe some grumbling.

You see, with the game in Miami on Wednesday and one in Detroit on Sunday, you can be sure more than a few of them had hoped for an extended stay in South Florida once they changed the original plan of coming home and working here in between.

Wrong, Camel-breath.

Sure, they stayed in Florida after the game on Wednesday, practiced there yesterday and stayed last night.

But Friday and Saturday?

They’re off to lovely Auburn Hills for a couple of days of work; instead of practicing in Florida today and tomorrow and then flying.

Guess it had as much to do with not wanting to “reward” them or something like that.

Yes, I am sure some of them were not impressed.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...-the-game.html
    I hope the ones who are grumbling are sent packing this summer. It might be drastic on my part but you're working (even though your work is playing a game). They have 6 days until they are on vacation. Let them party in South Beach on their own dime at that time.

Comment

Wow...there seems to be no letup by DC. He is certainly not deviating from the plan.

But....the effect might be that the players are so pissed that they may lose the games to spite

Tank nation hopes!

Comment

Is there going to be an end of season presscon like what they did last year??

Im interested to hear what BC and DC are going to say....

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

Yeah they do them every year... Usually a couple days after the last game.

Comment

"BC: Thank you everyone for coming out today. Without a doubt this has been the most rewarding season for me in my time in Toronto and I think it has been one of the most successful season we have seen in Toronto ever. Everything we did went according to plan. We set out to get the 9th pick and we did. We set out to finish the year with 2 D-League players starting and we did. We set out to change the culture of the franchise and we did. Clearly the fans agree as our season ticket sales are meeting and exceeding our expectations. Our first round draft pick from last year, Jonas Valanciunas, had a great year in Lithuania and made me look like a genius and the phone calls continue from other GM's telling me what a great pick he was. This season has gone exactly according to plan.

We have tremendous flexibility for this off season and I intend to take full advantage. On draft night, I plan on fleecing another team with a major deal and making the best selection of the draft at 9. I am the sh!t and it is time to recognize.

At this time I hand it over to Dwane so he can elaborate on how f*cking great everything is in Toronto. Dwane....

DC: Exactly what Bryan said. Regarding the current roster, the players will bust their ass this summer. I will be driving a Winnebago that can drive on water. I'll be busting current Raptor players asses all over the USA and in to Europe. I don't give a shit who you are. When my Winnebago pulls up in to your driveway or in to your harbour, you better be shit baked because you are going to work and bleed. If players don't agree with how I do things, I'll give them JJ's digits and he can fill them in on how that works. Next year we are going to hold teams under 60 points per game.... book it."

I anticipate it going something like that.

Comment

"BC: Thank you everyone for coming out today. Without a doubt this has been the most rewarding season for me in my time in Toronto and I think it has been one of the most successful season we have seen in Toronto ever. Everything we did went according to plan. We set out to get the 9th pick and we did. We set out to finish the year with 2 D-League players starting and we did. We set out to change the culture of the franchise and we did. Clearly the fans agree as our season ticket sales are meeting and exceeding our expectations. Our first round draft pick from last year, Jonas Valanciunas, had a great year in Lithuania and made me look like a genius and the phone calls continue from other GM's telling me what a great pick he was. This season has gone exactly according to plan.

We have tremendous flexibility for this off season and I intend to take full advantage. On draft night, I plan on fleecing another team with a major deal and making the best selection of the draft at 9. I am the sh!t and it is time to recognize.

At this time I hand it over to Dwane so he can elaborate on how f*cking great everything is in Toronto. Dwane....

DC: Exactly what Bryan said. Regarding the current roster, the players will bust their ass this summer. I will be driving a Winnebago that can drive on water. I'll be busting current Raptor players asses all over the USA and in to Europe. I don't give a shit who you are. When my Winnebago pulls up in to your driveway or in to your harbour, you better be shit baked because you are going to work and bleed. If players don't agree with how I do things, I'll give them JJ's digits and he can fill them in on how that works. Next year we are going to hold teams under 60 points per game.... book it."

hahaha you have too much time on your hands Matt!

Comment

...Next year we are going to hold teams under 60 points per game.... book it."

See, this is where it gets surreal. I doubt they can average holding teams to anything under 70 points per game. I mean as a season average. No doubt there will be individual teams held to the high thirties.

Comment

hahaha you have too much time on your hands Matt!
                  My wife would agree. I've been giving the multi-task line for years now.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    See, this is where it gets surreal. I doubt they can average holding teams to anything under 70 points per game. I mean as a season average. No doubt there will be individual teams held to the high thirties.
                    hahha

nov 16 tor vs nj

final score tor 43 nj 37
                    best game ever
                    thanks casey

Comment

Working...
                    X