Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Let's think

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Let's think

    Right now, the Raptors have a few games left and are evaluating D-leaguers and otherwise players who usually don't play. One of the few players who intrigues me is Alabi. This is hypothetical, but what happens if Alabi goes off for these next few games. NOt necessarily 20-10-5 games but maybe 10-10 and 2 blocks, but also if he shows improved B-ball IQ, defensive awareness, offensive improvement, and otherwise sign of steady improvement. This would lead us with four capable bigs, and what happens if we get the 1st pick and we get Davis, just wanted your opinions.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The dream of Alabi being a serviceable player in the NBA is less likely to come to pass than Stephen Hawking being a serviceable player in the NBA.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Opinion on what?

    You didn't really specify.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't see anymore, I got blinded when alabi tried to post up that one time.........

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    alabi is number 15 on a bench or first to the d league. i doubt he can do anything to change his chances for next year. only way he is back to camp is if he has a guaranteed contract. does he have another year left on his deal? i would be very surprised if alabi has a raptors uniform next year

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    Right now, the Raptors have a few games left and are evaluating D-leaguers and otherwise players who usually don't play. One of the few players who intrigues me is Alabi. This is hypothetical, but what happens if Alabi goes off for these next few games. NOt necessarily 20-10-5 games but maybe 10-10 and 2 blocks, but also if he shows improved B-ball IQ, defensive awareness, offensive improvement, and otherwise sign of steady improvement. This would lead us with four capable bigs, and what happens if we get the 1st pick and we get Davis, just wanted your opinions.
    You're not fooling anyone, Solo's mom : we know you hacked er1csh3n's account !

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    alabi is number 15 on a bench or first to the d league. i doubt he can do anything to change his chances for next year. only way he is back to camp is if he has a guaranteed contract. does he have another year left on his deal? i would be very surprised if alabi has a raptors uniform next year
    I believe he's got a team option for next year at $890,000. I can't think of a reason why Colangelo would pick it up.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hasn't shown to be an NBa player ... in the hypothetical question that he "goes off", at best it may give him an end of bench minimum deal ... beyond that, he likely won't be in the league next year - unless his buddy Masai gives him a spot in Denver.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Best case scenario is we sign and trade him to package into a deal for an upgrade at the 3 or 1. Barring that, he'll be eating borscht next season.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote fanchie wrote: View Post
    you're not fooling anyone, solo's mom : We know you hacked er1csh3n's account !
    haha!

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    Right now, the Raptors have a few games left and are evaluating D-leaguers and otherwise players who usually don't play. One of the few players who intrigues me is Alabi. This is hypothetical, but what happens if Alabi goes off for these next few games. NOt necessarily 20-10-5 games but maybe 10-10 and 2 blocks, but also if he shows improved B-ball IQ, defensive awareness, offensive improvement, and otherwise sign of steady improvement. This would lead us with four capable bigs, and what happens if we get the 1st pick and we get Davis, just wanted your opinions.
    I want what you're taking

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter IROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ottawa/Toronto
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    might as well use his player option and stash him on the bench next year --in case he pulls a branden wright, ian mahinmi or byron mullens, etc. on us. I think he will never be more than a d leaguer, but you never know with 7 footers!

  13. #13
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Didn't someone say it takes five years to know what you have with a big?

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Didn't someone say it takes five years to know what you have with a big?
    That's on average. It's not a rule.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GIVE SOLO A CHANCE!

    seriously, 7ft 1, and hasnt reached his 3rd season yet. For instance while only averaging .1 of a minute more per game he has also increased his ppg by 1! clearly there is more room for improvement!

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ScottBaird wrote: View Post
    The dream of Alabi being a serviceable player in the NBA is less likely to come to pass than Stephen Hawking being a serviceable player in the NBA.
    Totally agree. Plus, Hawking's got a killer crossover (breaks a LOT of ankles with that wheelchair of his). But SERIOUSLY, people. Alabi being a serviceable player??? Really? What are you on, crack or something? The man can BARELY remain erect for more than 20 seconds at a time. He is the most awkward, uncoordinated thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that people with supposed knowledge of the game (who was it, Thorpe who creamed his pants over this guy?) ever thought that this guy could ever be an NBA player.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Alabi is the next Ian Mahimi. But seriously he isn't that bad, he is a rebounding machine and fights for every board. Its his bad defensive instincts and raw offensive skill that makes us think he's bad.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    GIVE SOLO A CHANCE!

    seriously, 7ft 1, and hasnt reached his 3rd season yet. For instance while only averaging .1 of a minute more per game he has also increased his ppg by 1! clearly there is more room for improvement!
    i'll tell you one thing. he's goin to be solo for a long time if he remains in the d-league.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    i'll tell you one thing. he's goin to be solo for a long time if he remains in the d-league.
    Haha too true.


    Scott.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't wanna wait... For our lives to be over.

    Bla blah blah blu blu bitty.

    Haha, i know that's not the lyrics. But, that's what it sounds like.

    I like that new show hes in. Damn dude has a five head though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •