Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's think

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's think

Right now, the Raptors have a few games left and are evaluating D-leaguers and otherwise players who usually don't play. One of the few players who intrigues me is Alabi. This is hypothetical, but what happens if Alabi goes off for these next few games. NOt necessarily 20-10-5 games but maybe 10-10 and 2 blocks, but also if he shows improved B-ball IQ, defensive awareness, offensive improvement, and otherwise sign of steady improvement. This would lead us with four capable bigs, and what happens if we get the 1st pick and we get Davis, just wanted your opinions.

Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The dream of Alabi being a serviceable player in the NBA is less likely to come to pass than Stephen Hawking being a serviceable player in the NBA.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Post Thanks / Like

Opinion on what?

You didn't really specify.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see anymore, I got blinded when alabi tried to post up that one time.........

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

alabi is number 15 on a bench or first to the d league. i doubt he can do anything to change his chances for next year. only way he is back to camp is if he has a guaranteed contract. does he have another year left on his deal? i would be very surprised if alabi has a raptors uniform next year

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    Right now, the Raptors have a few games left and are evaluating D-leaguers and otherwise players who usually don't play. One of the few players who intrigues me is Alabi. This is hypothetical, but what happens if Alabi goes off for these next few games. NOt necessarily 20-10-5 games but maybe 10-10 and 2 blocks, but also if he shows improved B-ball IQ, defensive awareness, offensive improvement, and otherwise sign of steady improvement. This would lead us with four capable bigs, and what happens if we get the 1st pick and we get Davis, just wanted your opinions.
    You're not fooling anyone, Solo's mom : we know you hacked er1csh3n's account !

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    alabi is number 15 on a bench or first to the d league. i doubt he can do anything to change his chances for next year. only way he is back to camp is if he has a guaranteed contract. does he have another year left on his deal? i would be very surprised if alabi has a raptors uniform next year
    I believe he's got a team option for next year at $890,000. I can't think of a reason why Colangelo would pick it up.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't shown to be an NBa player ... in the hypothetical question that he "goes off", at best it may give him an end of bench minimum deal ... beyond that, he likely won't be in the league next year - unless his buddy Masai gives him a spot in Denver.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Best case scenario is we sign and trade him to package into a deal for an upgrade at the 3 or 1. Barring that, he'll be eating borscht next season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote fanchie wrote: View Post
    you're not fooling anyone, solo's mom : We know you hacked er1csh3n's account !
    haha!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    I want what you're taking

Post Thanks / Like

might as well use his player option and stash him on the bench next year --in case he pulls a branden wright, ian mahinmi or byron mullens, etc. on us. I think he will never be more than a d leaguer, but you never know with 7 footers!

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't someone say it takes five years to know what you have with a big?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Didn't someone say it takes five years to know what you have with a big?
    That's on average. It's not a rule.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

GIVE SOLO A CHANCE!

seriously, 7ft 1, and hasnt reached his 3rd season yet. For instance while only averaging .1 of a minute more per game he has also increased his ppg by 1! clearly there is more room for improvement!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ScottBaird wrote: View Post
    The dream of Alabi being a serviceable player in the NBA is less likely to come to pass than Stephen Hawking being a serviceable player in the NBA.
    Totally agree. Plus, Hawking's got a killer crossover (breaks a LOT of ankles with that wheelchair of his). But SERIOUSLY, people. Alabi being a serviceable player??? Really? What are you on, crack or something? The man can BARELY remain erect for more than 20 seconds at a time. He is the most awkward, uncoordinated thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that people with supposed knowledge of the game (who was it, Thorpe who creamed his pants over this guy?) ever thought that this guy could ever be an NBA player.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alabi is the next Ian Mahimi. But seriously he isn't that bad, he is a rebounding machine and fights for every board. Its his bad defensive instincts and raw offensive skill that makes us think he's bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    GIVE SOLO A CHANCE!

seriously, 7ft 1, and hasnt reached his 3rd season yet. For instance while only averaging .1 of a minute more per game he has also increased his ppg by 1! clearly there is more room for improvement!
    i'll tell you one thing. he's goin to be solo for a long time if he remains in the d-league.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    i'll tell you one thing. he's goin to be solo for a long time if he remains in the d-league.
    Haha too true.

Scott.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't wanna wait... For our lives to be over.

Bla blah blah blu blu bitty.

Haha, i know that's not the lyrics. But, that's what it sounds like.

I like that new show hes in. Damn dude has a five head though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information